uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Password (forgot password, restore password, change password)
Password
Animorph

Message # 76 | 8:12 PM
fatgher48, Okay , i see that you are using uNet , the users can change their password in their webtop , their password cannot be changed in your Control Panel , that only works withe the Local user options (what is a paid option)
To busy building a passive income online ;)
fatgher48

Message # 77 | 1:48 AM
But what about if i register them then give them a password, are they going to be able to change there pass to what ever they want.
I did this with a test account and that test account dose have the option to change the pass, but then i have my founder account and another test account, and there is no options for me or my other test account to change pass.

See i just need to be sure because my board will be a invite only board and i will register the users with the name and email they want to use them give them a pass to log in with.
But they have to be bale to change there pass.. if not i guess i can open registrations every time a new person comes along to register?

So i am just confused with it?

Thank you all the same..

Added (2011-03-03, 7:48 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for the back to back post.

Actually you can have this marked as solved and lock or how ever it is you work things with solved post here.
I can leave registrations open, i will just have to approve and add members to the group.
It's not like i am not going to know who is coming etc.. so i will just do it that way.

Thank you again, i was going nuts i could not figure how my test account would let me change the pass, but for my founder and other test account it would not.
So still not sure how i managed that, but it's all good.

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Animorph

Message # 78 | 6:38 AM
Quote (fatgher48)
So still not sure how i managed that

The accounts you create in your Control Panel are "Local User" accounts you can change the password from that , but since you are using uNet you can't change their passwords thy need to do it theirself
It is possible to change "users authorization" from uNet users to Local users, by buying any package or a service that costs more than 2 dollar.
all the available payment methods are in Control Panel -> $ -> Paid services

and more info is here:
http://u.to/c0KQ

Natashko

Message # 79 | 10:48 AM
fatgher48, This is for you and for your users to know how to change passowrds.
The Control panel password wasn't changed. You can change all the password yourself:
1.You can change Webtop administrative password, uNet password and the secret question/answer in Webtop http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/512/1334954298.jpg
2.You can change the Control Panel password like this: log in to the Control Panel (add /admin to the name of the website mysite.ucoz.com/admin)->Main->Security->Change account password->Separate password. http://faq.ucoz.com/screenshots/change_CP_password.png
If the Webtop password and uNet password is wrong – use the password reminding form here http://unet.com/remind/ .
You can't change uNet users passwords. They have to do it themselves (I already explained how it should be dome)
If you use Add new user feature in CP->Users, you can set their passwords and change them later. The same with Local users. If the authorization method at your website is Local users, you may change their passwords in CP->Users->List of users.
-Moved to Account management-
deepesh

Message # 80 | 10:08 AM
Natashko,
Natashko,
Natashko

Message # 81 | 10:28 AM
deepesh, yes?
deepesh

Message # 82 | 11:12 AM
yaa...i have changed my control panel password. but now i couldnt access the same. i dnt know whether i have forgotten it or some settings error. i request for the password to mail id and by default is showed that password has been sent but what i got is only login password..
so how could i access my control panel now. should i delete my account?
my webpage is
http://deepeshsingh.ucoz.com/blog

Added (2011-03-10, 5:12 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Natashko, Natashko,

Animorph

Message # 83 | 11:35 AM
deepesh, where is the Animorph,Animorph,? tongue now serious so if i read correctly you sended an e-mail for your pasword and you got only the login password what is the problem then ? do you lost your secret question password ? now can you be a bit more specific about what password you lost ? because you just said that you recieved the password in an e-mail so i am confused right now, clear your problem out a bit
Natashko

Message # 84 | 12:26 PM
deepesh, Please use the Control Panel password reminding form: http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=remind Are you sure you used the correct reminding form? Because there is another one to retrieve your uNet password and your Webtop administrative password. You do not need that. Use the one that I have provided.
blond29

Message # 85 | 1:59 PM
You give me a code when I registered,but I forget it. I can't login without it. Please,help me.
CodeResolution

Message # 86 | 2:34 PM
What code are you speaking about? The confirmation code to activate your account?
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
blond29

Message # 87 | 1:29 PM
Yes,I need current uNet code entered during registration.
CodeResolution

Message # 88 | 1:53 PM
blond29, has your account already been activated? If not, you should have received the confirmation code a long with a link in an email.
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
blond29

Message # 89 | 4:05 PM
My account has activated,but you didn't send me confirmation code.Please,sent me.
Animorph

Message # 90 | 11:38 PM
blond29, be more specific , the confirmation code for what , if your account is already activated where do you need and confirmation code for then ?
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Password (forgot password, restore password, change password)
Search: