uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
aareez

Message # 271 | 7:29 PM
informer name : latest_forum
Informer variable : $MYINF_2$

i hve put $MYINF_2$ on my left side menus its mean in the second container
but it seem showing "Guests" are not permitted to view the module but some time it work well and mostly fail

If you like me don't forgot to visit me ....

http://www.ethical.3dn.ru

Natashko

Message # 272 | 1:31 PM
aareez, we have checked your website. when you log in as Guest you have no access to view Forum. This is what is causing difficulties. Informers will show only those entries, which are allowed to be viewed by Guests.
As we said - set permission for groups. CP->Users->User groups->Set permission for all groups-.Forum->Read forum (ability to enter the forum)->Save
aareez

Message # 273 | 8:31 AM
but unfortunately informer not showing even i login as any user group so what now
If you like me don't forgot to visit me ....

http://www.ethical.3dn.ru

Natashko

Message # 274 | 3:14 PM
aareez, and it will not. Because "Guests" are not permitted to view the module. This is what I see, when log into your website.
Quote (Natashko)
As we said - set permission for groups. CP->Users->User groups->Set permission for all groups-.Forum->Read forum (ability to enter the forum)->Save
Ookami

Message # 275 | 1:05 PM
How can i make an informer list past updates like an archive
latest news
killer whales
dog eats cat
wolf hunting
1 2 3 ... 17 18 »
Natashko

Message # 276 | 3:46 PM
Ookami, it is not possible to have a page switcher displayed in Informers.
Vallina

Message # 277 | 7:59 PM
Is there anyway I can make a informer for top photo album contributor list for users to see ONLY? There is no point of guests being able to see it.
Animorph

Message # 278 | 8:05 PM
Vallina, yes it is possible , go to CP ---> Informers ---> Create ---> Users --->Num.of Photo's and edit it to your needs , and you can hide it from guest with conditional operators like this:

Code
<?if ($USER_LOGGED_IN$) ?> your code <?else?><?endif?>

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 279 | 8:58 AM
Vallina,
Quote (Vallina)
There is no point of guests being able to see it.

Keep in mind that Guests will still be able to see the entry itself, because Informers show only the entries that can be seen by Guests. But of course, the entries output by the Informers will not be seen by Guests, if you follow Animorph's advice.
Vallina

Message # 280 | 3:16 AM
All I get is
Code
"Guests" are not permitted to view the module
when I input the code. I want to let every group EXCEPT banned/guests be able to view the informer. How can I make it that the informer displays the top 10 photo album contributors (users)? Sorry, still very confused about informers.

Also, it is through CP -> Tools -> Informers, correct?

Post edited by Vallina - Friday, 2011-04-15, 3:17 AM
Jan

Message # 281 | 7:46 AM
Vallina, did you followed Animorph's advise?
Quote (Animorph)
Code
<?if ($USER_LOGGED_IN$) ?> your code <?else?><?endif?>

Or did you just but informer code on your page?

Quote (Vallina)
Also, it is through CP -> Tools -> Informers, correct?

Correct

Post edited by Jan - Friday, 2011-04-15, 7:47 AM
Natashko

Message # 282 | 8:52 AM
Vallina, once again. You need to remember that Informers output only those entries that can be seen by Guests. If in your permissions for Guests group it is set that they can't view this module(Photo Album), it means that Informers will not be able to output the entires from that module.
I suggest you hide photos with the help of conditional operators (not group restrictions) and then use Informer to output them. But you will also need to use conditional operators to hide the output by Informer entries from Guests.
Anglhz

Message # 283 | 10:33 AM
sup agian. still having troubles with thooose boxes. ive tried everything. but it just dsnt work. ive tried rename/delete stuff in the CSS but the the deisng gets messed. i would like to have the uCoz boxes on the left side of my website saying Latest news etc.. but the box will just get like 'behind' the original box.
If u see at the left side of the website the 1 called "Latest News", that is a ucoz box with a $MYINF_1$(i want to see the news enrtie module there) tag inside but still it shows the "new template online" stuff. it gets like behind it.
www.intuitive.ucoz.net

any ideas?

Post edited by Anglhz - Sunday, 2011-05-01, 10:34 AM
Natashko

Message # 284 | 3:35 PM
Anglhz, first of all, your website is under construction and we can't check anything. So it will be better if you open it for us to see. Second of all, please be more specific. It is really difficult to understand. A screenshot will be very useful.
IoCiScommetto

Message # 285 | 11:43 AM
hi, i have a problem with an informer:

i've created an informer that shows the last site news, and the number of views and comments.

(to show number of views of a news i've used $READS$, is correct?)

The problem is that the number showed by $READS$ doesn't change.

The number of views (under the news) increases, but in the informer the number doesn't change..

There's something wrong?

Thank you!
(sorry for my english!)

My site about betting: http://scommesse.ucoz.com
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: