uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 256 | 10:52 AM
PRANJAL, i would like to help you but we already provided all the information about how to do it , now its only up to your creativity , if you would like to read all messages in this thread i think some of them would actually halp you if you have problems with creating it provide the code where you have problems with (the code that you edited/created) not the default code
To busy building a passive income online ;)
PRANJAL

Message # 257 | 4:25 PM
ACTUALLY I HAVE not adited the code till yet,its the original code with whom i am working,
i am actually having problem with my categories
i had already told you how i want to create informer , but when i am creating a new informer it is showing me section- file catalog
i clicked it and created my informer
but i want to create different informers for different sub-sections of file catalog
currently informer is showing like this

in left side of this pic u can see that different sections like movies,songs,etc are given , these sections also has sub sections like for MOVIES-HOLLYWOOD AND BOLLYWOOD

I want to create different informer for these sub sections with images
please help
Attachments: 4994462.png (62.9 Kb) · 1168005.png (275.6 Kb)
Animorph

Message # 258 | 4:45 PM
PRANJAL, so if i understand your wierd explanation then you want your informers to appear like

• test
  • test
  • test
  • test

and not like --- test test test test like in the firs screenshot , sorry if i am wrong but you are really confusing me with your explanation

PRANJAL

Message # 259 | 8:12 AM
sorry for this kind of explanation, it is not ur mistake ,pronunciation and way of talking changes from country to country, please don't mind
yes i want exactly the same kind of informer that u told me but with images

i will explain u with images

see image

as you see how i had created my categories

I want an informer for HOLLYWOOD[ID:5] (see screenshot) , an informer for BOLLYWOOD [ID:6] (see screenshot) , etc
I want the informer should show images of files contained in these sections,

please help cry

Attachments: 3897338.jpg (64.4 Kb)
Animorph

Message # 260 | 12:02 PM
PRANJAL, it is not possible to choose a category when making an informer , if you make the informer for a module then it will use all the category's of the module to show up , so it is not possible to make what you want with an informer..
you can do it manually by just providing the URL and names on a page and sort them out so the Sections would be bigger font etc , but that is all up to your imagination

PRANJAL

Message # 261 | 2:19 PM
atleast i can show image with file name
Post edited by PRANJAL - Monday, 2011-01-03, 2:40 PM
Natashko

Message # 262 | 2:43 PM
PRANJAL, you may try to achieve what you want in this way:
Quote (Sunny)
1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Fill in the fields Section and Data Type(Entries). Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns
4. Press Additional options
5. Fill in the field "List of category IDs:"
6. Press Create.
7. Insert the obtained code of the type
kliptu

Message # 263 | 4:52 PM
I made an informer about my website's site catalog but it does not update, why is this?

My website on ucoz is http://www.oyeshorjo.tk and the site catalog is on the left hand menu of my website in the name of "Oyeshorjo Links"

I have added the informer on my site's home page under the title "Links" highlighted in green colour.

All the other informers work pretty well except this one.

Animorph

Message # 264 | 5:02 PM
kliptu, ,
Quote (natashko)
informers update each 15 minutes. If you want them to get updated quicker re-save the informer's template.

all your informers seem to work fine

kliptu

Message # 265 | 9:45 AM
if u say its fine, then it better be fine smile

Added (2011-01-26, 3:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
The only informers working fine on my site, Oyeshorjo at http://www.oyeshorjo.tk are the new members informer, the site news informer and the forum posts informer.

But other informer like blog, links,photos are not auto updating themselves for several days. I have re saved all my informer templates and it has been a couple of days, the informers are still displaying old content, how can I fix this?

I want all the informers to display latest content after I re save their templates or after a certian period of time, not for a couple of days.

Plz help!

Natashko

Message # 266 | 1:39 PM
kliptu, please forward this request to the Technical Support Service through your account: Control Panel->Help->Technical Support
kliptu

Message # 267 | 12:54 PM
i already forwarded it to the technical support, but doesnt this forum have a technical support section?
Natashko

Message # 268 | 3:36 PM
kliptu, first of all, check whether the entries you are referring to are allowed to be viewed by Guests group. (Informers will not display entries, which are not allowed to be viewed by Guests)
Second of all, provide a link to one of the entries, which is not displayed in the Informers, but is supposed to. Specify, where on the website the Informer, which displays the certain entry, is.
aareez

Message # 269 | 5:41 PM
hi friends my forum informer seem showing "Guests" are not permitted to view the module even i log in, change group permission to guest to allow read forum but it still showing the same line sad i m tired to make it i try making new informer but nothing happen pls help me where i am going wrong
guest have permission to read forum
help me soon

If you like me don't forgot to visit me ....

http://www.ethical.3dn.ru

Natashko

Message # 270 | 3:09 PM
aareez, please provide the number of the Informer and indicate the place, where it is embedded in the template code, so we will be able to check.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: