Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
Candy

Message # 1 | 6:30 PM
The appearance of the ad banner will be changed in within several days for the users from the USA. The format of the new banner will be 250х300

The uCoz Team

Hello all,

Can somebody explane why today an awfull ad was visible on my website on the right upper site of the main page.
Not a small one that normaly is visible horizontal and with one can live with.
NO a large one 12 cm x 5 cm lager awfull banner sometimes like a gamble machine sometimes and with all kind of awfull advertising.

Is this just a one time event or do I face this from now on day by day ??????

Thanks in advance for any explanation. surprised

Cheers Candy
Post edited by Meddy8189 - Wednesday, 2012-06-20, 3:15 PM
PixelKhaos

Message # 16 | 10:43 PM
That should be filtered. You can't force ads with unfitting content on sites.
As above, there's children who this ads are not meant for, and shouldn't be shown to.

Even though it's not nudity, mothers to these children may want to sue the site/siteowner.
Or even uCoz for forcing these ads.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Post edited by Acid - Thursday, 2012-02-09, 10:44 PM
Sunny

Message # 17 | 11:54 AM
Quote (ZTSF)
But my website is social, its made for a game community and it's non porfit because after some trials we give up advertising on the website.

I am afraid gaming websites are not considered to be social. By social we mean websites of different educational and other non-profit institutions, e.g. schools, kindergartens, or other socially significant projects.

Quote (Candy)
Why users reveived no information about this plans ??

It is written in uCoz Terms of Use that all non-premium websites have ad banners displayed on them, there is nothing new about it.

Quote (ZTSF)
Can at least the ads been filterd??

Unfortunately it depends not on uCoz but on the advertiser we are working with. We are not satisfied with such ads as well, therefore we will consider our future cooperation with this advertiser. But you must understand that the ad banner will be displayed in any case, and the only way to protect your visitors from ads is to become a premium user.

Quote (Candy)
By the way very poor info is given how exactly to upgrade,

To disable the ad banner:
1. Go to your website Control Panel -> Top bar -> $ Paid services -> Paid services -> Buy a separate service.
2. Select the period for which you want to disable the banner.
3. Click "Pay for services" and follow further system instructions.
Besides, you can pay for the removal of the ad banner within a paid package – in this case disabling of the banner will cost less and you will get a number of additional features.
You can see the full list of premium services and the payment methods in the menu "$ Paid services -> Paid services":
http://faq.ucoz.com/screenshots/paid_service_packages.png

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 18 | 10:11 PM
Dear users!
Our service is free but is not ads-free. The ad banner has always existed as a bar at the top of a website. Taking into account the quality and the experimental character of the campaign of the last several days, we will get back to the previous narrow banner format. In future the banner format and location may change, according to the terms of our service.

ZTSF

Message # 19 | 11:31 PM
When will the test been completed?
Thanks for replacing the old ad bar smile

Raymond wink

Come to ZTSF: www.superzt.ucoz.com
Post edited by ZTSF - Friday, 2012-02-10, 11:32 PM
ursuletul

Message # 20 | 9:18 AM
Quote (Sunny)
Dear users!
Our service is free but is not ads-free. The ad banner has always existed as a bar at the top of a website. Taking into account the quality and the experimental character of the campaign of the last several days, we will get back to the previous narrow banner format. In future the banner format and location may change, according to the terms of our service.

Hi Sunny,

Is this what the English department said or the central Russian one ?
The ads are displayed according from what country you access the site ?

I have experience with designing concepts of ad shape / placement and i have to say this one is really business/customer-breaker.

I can help with new concepts for ad shape & placement that are effective but not intrusive.

The old bar is hard to beat but could be improved, while keeping the small size it has. (that has attracted lots of customers in the first place)

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-15295-1
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-15294-1
Post edited by ursuletul - Saturday, 2012-03-10, 11:52 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 21 | 10:46 AM
ursuletul, all of the uCoz departments work in the same office/building. Everything that comes from a member of the uCoz team has gone through the management team or whoever is handling the matter. I will however leave Sunny to comment on the matter currently being discussed here, it was just a heads up. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
ursuletul

Message # 22 | 11:50 AM
Thank you Paradox, again, for your informative answer.
Post edited by ursuletul - Saturday, 2012-03-10, 11:51 AM
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 23 | 5:44 PM
i dont like that banner ... the advertisers can post what thei want even +18 adds .... dry

Added (2012-03-10, 11:44 AM)
---------------------------------------------
a suggestion is to create something to select the category we want for that adds

This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
fatgher48

Message # 24 | 6:21 PM
If you are one that has children under the age of thirteen on your site, by law they are not even supposed to be there, And ucuz are not liable in no way what so ever, It would be the parents responsibility to set parental controls and or monitor their children activities on sites which they may reside on.

Other then that, why not just block the ad's, Firefox and other browsers have free plugins you can install that will block ad's from all sites.
I use Firefox ad-block plus and it works like a charm.

I mean having ad's is how free hosting sites make their money and allow others to have free sites, It's not like these are adult ad's leading somewhere with real adult content, You can see far more worse on public TV, commercials or in any everyday newspapers and magazines.

To me by throwing children in the mix as a defensive argument for something of which these ad's are not ,Seems silly and nothing more then a bogus way of complain to ucuz about ad's.

The best options would be to

Pay to have them removed,
Set your computers parental controls,
Moderate your children's internet actions and browsing
Or get something that will block the ad's

The bottom line is there are guidelines on what type of ad's public host are allowed to have. So as long as all the ad's fall withing these guidelines of it being appropriate for persons of at least 13 years of age, Then ucuz or any other free hosting would not be obligated to remove them.

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Saturday, 2012-03-10, 7:27 PM
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 25 | 8:41 AM
i'm not saying the adds need to be removed, just to create something to select age for adds in cpanel
This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Sunny

Message # 26 | 2:57 PM
ursuletul, yes, the ads can differ for a certain degree for different countries.

As fatgher48 noted, thare are ways to hide the ad banner even if you cannot pay for its removal.

The current banner is in testing mode and its appearance can be changed within a certain period of time.

Kajamaz

Message # 27 | 10:56 PM
Please, i liked the old ads on top of the website, i will not pay for this servis if you put things like this onto the website, I might even shut it down, i have people under 18 on the website, please, make them be the way they used to be, and the ads are in russian, PLEASE, REMOVE THIS, IT MADE SOME OF MY SITE USERS DISTURBED!
Also, i understand it when an ad is a top banner, the old normal one is actually the best ad style i have ever seen, it doesnt block the screen or disturbe the user or distract them, but when the page loads and the person uses it, they pay attention and may click on it, PLEASE, REMOVE THESE ADS, THE OLD ONE WAS FFFFIIIIINNNNEEEE!!!! I am personally disturbed by these ads, they pop up all over the place, i cant even visit my own website!
Post edited by Kajamaz - Tuesday, 2012-06-19, 11:18 PM
leohbep

Message # 28 | 11:28 PM
THIS IS SOOOO WRONG.
www.BEPfanclub.com
cyberpunk

Message # 29 | 0:27 AM
This is really terrible, I made efforts to gain public and now the website has a banner with the redtube from russian sad
Unallowable BB codes were found ([URL] or [IMG]) ?? np, here is the banner -> http://s7.postimage.org/uan1qwwt7/vsf.jpg
XT3

Message # 30 | 2:25 AM
HandsofWondr, thank you! Its weird i have like no adds on my other sites only the one that was made by my friend from another couintry in his county so it was transferd to me as he cound't support it so i want this fixed maybe i can transfer right.

Edit never mind for no reason the adds only appear for me! when i am not logged in blink UM why me! huh
Post edited by XT3 - Wednesday, 2012-06-20, 2:29 AM
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
Search: