• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to require approval for registration?
How to require approval for registration?
Vendetta6692

Message # 1 | 3:13 AM
Hello,

I need to know if it is possible to be notified of new registrations to my forums and to require me to approve them before they are allowed access.

Thanks
V
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 8:41 AM
Vendetta6692, if your sites registration method is not uID to receive email notifications on users registration to your site you can enable the option in Control Panel > Users > Module Settings. Look for the checkbox labelled "" and make sure it is ticked. Don't forget to save.

As for approval, you cannot "approve" automatically however you can make the default "Users" group to have no permissions and move users to the checked group as the confirmation where they would have the necessary permissions to post, add content etc.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:25 AM
Quote (Paradox)
to receive email notifications on users registration to your site you can enable the option in Control Panel > Users > Module Settings. Look for the checkbox labelled "" and make sure it is ticked. Don't forget to save.

But this will work only if you have local users on your website. You cannot receive notifications about uNet users.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Vendetta6692

Message # 4 | 9:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm still not receiving any email notifications when new users register on the site, but I have set the permissions to be VERY basic for new users and then once I see who they are I change them to another user group with more permissions.

Thanks again,

V
Sunny

Message # 5 | 10:37 AM
Quote (Vendetta6692)
I'm still not receiving any email notifications

That's because you have uNet user on your website.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to require approval for registration?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: