uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Local users (Everything about local users goes here)
Local users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 8:51 AM
LOCAL USERS

The 'Local users' sign-in system can be enabled for a website in its Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of users authorization.

• When a user signs up to a website with local sign-in system, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and User Bar are not available on the website with local authorization. Local users can't log in to other uCoz websites with the same login data, they have to sign up to other uCoz websites again.

• Local users log in to the websites by means of a Username (not e-mail) and a Password. uID authorization is not possible on such websites.

• Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the paid plans and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!
Marrenas

Message # 2 | 8:51 AM
1 year ago, I was using the "Local user", but currently, after a time to move from "Local User" to "Unet user", I did not move again, please let me know how to move from "Unet user" to "Local User" without Premium Account has not?
Sanjay_149

Message # 3 | 8:51 AM
Not possiable ..

Become a premium user and continue using "Local users"

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-9877-1

Unlike computers, no human brain has ever said:" Hard drive full."
Marrenas

Message # 4 | 8:51 AM
but .... i used to setup " Local User " , why now i cant ?
Sunny

Message # 5 | 8:52 AM
Marrenas, everything is explained in the thread Sanjay_149 gave:

Soon will be an authorization change. Login form will disappear and uNet
users will have a button like on facebook and twitter. Eventually the sites
will have either local or global users, both wont be possible. We consider
that usage of global users would be better. There are lots of reasons for
that. If you think different, that's ok, your money - your choice therefore
premium users have this choice.

All further discussions go into the mentioned thread.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
SirDarknight

Message # 6 | 8:52 AM
Anyone Can Give Me A List of Premium Features or Only Local User's?

Added (2011-02-27, 3:20 Am)
---------------------------------------------
And Anyone How To Change Username The Current Username To Another?

Animorph

Message # 7 | 8:52 AM
SirDarknight,
Quote (SirDarknight)
Anyone Can Give Me A List of Premium Features or Only Local User's?

be more clear about that

Quote (SirDarknight)
And Anyone How To Change Username The Current Username To Another?

this can only be done wih local users
Main » Users » List of users »

To busy building a passive income online ;)
SirDarknight

Message # 8 | 8:52 AM
I meant I Want To Know The Features Of Local Users or The Premium Account.

I Want To Know What Will I Get Extra Features Buying A Premium.

Animorph

Message # 9 | 8:52 AM
* Removal of uCoz ads on the website.
* Disk space +2500 Mb.
* Bonus messages to Technical Support - 2 per month.
* FTP access.
* File size for uploading - 135 Mb (via FTP only).
* The possibility to hide statistics counter.
* The possibility to attach files in E-mail Forms.
* If the website has no visitors it will NOT be deleted.
* A domain as a gift (e.g. website.com) when paying for a year.
* Subscription fee for "E-shop" module.
* Removal of uCoz ads in Control Panel.
* Removal of uCoz copyright.

you can find this here:
CP ---> $ ---> paid services

Natashko

Message # 10 | 8:52 AM
SirDarknight, All available payment methods are in Control Panel -> $ -> Paid services. http://faq.ucoz.com/screenshots/paid_service_packages.png
It is possible to change "Allowed methods of users authorization" from uNet users to Local users, by buying any package or a service that costs more than 2 dollars.
Next time use search
Jrexel

Message # 11 | 8:53 AM
Is it possible for a user to register once and log in to all of someone's websites with the 'Local Users' option?
Basically 'uNet Users' but logging in with their username.

And if not, would there be a problem with me switching from one to the other? (I'm planning on using sub-domains for multiple websites.)

Animorph

Message # 12 | 8:53 AM
It is possible to change "users authorization" from uNet users to Local users, by buying any package or a service that costs more than 2 dollar.
all the available payment methods are in Control Panel -> $ -> Paid services

and more info is here:
http://u.to/c0KQ

Natashko

Message # 13 | 8:53 AM
Jrexel, let's say you are registered with a website as a Local user. It means that you don't have a uNet account and you can't login to other websites without indicating your uNet account data. So the bottom line is, you need to be registered uNet user to login to uCoz website.
If you have any other questions, be more specific for us to understand and answer your question.
Please, refer to the following forum board http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-52-1#200 as well.
Jrexel

Message # 14 | 8:53 AM
OKay, what I meant was I have a website with the Local Users option from before any packages were required and I want to make another website, without my users having to register twice. So I was asking if you could basically link two websites together, but if not would there be in trouble for my local users if I switch to Unet Users?
CoffeeCone

Message # 15 | 8:53 AM
Quote (Jrexel)
OKay, what I meant was I have a website with the Local Users option from before any packages were required and I want to make another website, without my users having to register twice. So I was asking if you could basically link two websites together, but if not would there be in trouble for my local users if I switch to Unet Users?

That would be no.

Quote (Jrexel)
but if not would there be in trouble for my local users if I switch to Unet Users?

Your users will still be able to login to your website via their old usernames so IMO, it won't be that much of a problem. Your new users however will have to use the uNet system from then on. Plus you won't be able to revert back to Local Users unless you pay the premium price.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Local users (Everything about local users goes here)
Search: