uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Local users (Everything about local users goes here)
Local users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 8:51 AM
LOCAL USERS

The 'Local users' sign-in system can be enabled for a website in its Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of users authorization.

• When a user signs up to a website with local sign-in system, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and User Bar are not available on the website with local authorization. Local users can't log in to other uCoz websites with the same login data, they have to sign up to other uCoz websites again.

• Local users log in to the websites by means of a Username (not e-mail) and a Password. uID authorization is not possible on such websites.

• Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the paid plans and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!
Glen

Message # 31 | 11:22 PM
Well Shoot, That sucks ok Thanks
Glen

"I Have No Gills, Therefore I Fish"
"Love The Wife, Fish Hard, Fish Till You Die"
www.glenscustomrods.com
bodbreed

Message # 32 | 1:01 PM
Do I get the "local user" option with a Business or Advanced package, or do I have to get the Premium package?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 33 | 1:02 PM
XO-Ferg, any premium package provides the 'local users' option as part of them. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
bodbreed

Message # 34 | 1:30 PM
Wait so a business package is considered a premium package? Its just confusing because there's a package named premium...
Sunny

Message # 35 | 1:42 PM
XO-Ferg, a premium package = a paid package. Though you are right, there is also a paid package called "Premium". But in any case, you can buy any of the packages to enable the local users on your website.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bodbreed

Message # 36 | 6:46 AM
Ok thanks for answering so promptly, because i plan on purchasing a package today or tomorrow.

Added (2013-01-24, 0:46 AM)
---------------------------------------------
How come users can't upload their own avatar during registration using the local user registration form?

Sunny

Message # 37 | 10:10 AM
XO-Ferg, make sure the option Enable "Avatar uploading" feature for users is enabled in CP -> Users -> Module settings.
bodbreed

Message # 38 | 1:18 PM
I do and it still only has the "select avatar" option...
Sunny

Message # 39 | 4:25 PM
XO-Ferg, you need also to enable "Upload own avatars" for Guests in CP -> Users -> User groups.
bodbreed

Message # 40 | 4:33 PM
Oooh ok that makes sense
Donught

Message # 41 | 2:13 AM
Wait, just to be sure. I can buy the cheapest package, which is the basic one, and I will still have the ability of local users? And for example, if the package expires, will their accounts be deleted? Just been curious, as I will for sure need local users for my business. And was wondering how much I have to pay to get this option.

Kind Regards, Mac.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 42 | 3:24 AM
Maczo, if you purchase any premium package (even basic) you can enabled Local Users. Once enabled local users will remain active and available to be enabled unless you disable it manually outside of the premium package time frame. smile
Donught

Message # 43 | 4:20 AM
So to clear things up, you mean if I buy even the basic package for 1 month, and then it exprires. My website will still have local users? If so, that is great.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 44 | 4:30 AM
Donught, indeed. wink
HeLpeR

Message # 45 | 11:01 PM
Quote Sanjay_149 ()
Become a premium user and continue using "Local users"

Which package to buy for 'local users'?
If i buy "Basic ($3.09)" Will I have that option?

EDIT: I'M sorry, i did not se.....there is answer for this question, i will look better next time.
Post edited by HeLpeR - Wednesday, 2014-07-09, 11:15 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Local users (Everything about local users goes here)
Search: