• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to solve the 404 file not found problem (From my main menu, I cannot enter the publisher page)
How to solve the 404 file not found problem
SpectreWriter

Message # 1 | 2:20 PM
From my main menu, I cannot seem to be able to enter the publisher page. I checked page management to see if the page is ok and it is, but when I try navigating the newly created site (which for some reason is down now meaning it no longer exists) it gives me the 404 page not found.

The last three times I created a website, this seems to have a habit of happening, so before I create yet another website, for future reference, how do I solve this dread problem?

Thanks in advance.
belmo996

Message # 2 | 3:40 PM
SpectreWriter, please provide website url smile
SpectreWriter

Message # 3 | 3:51 PM
As stated above, the website, for some reason is dead and does not exist. I am asking for future reference. The next time it happens, what do I do to solve or preferably avoid the error altogether and why does it happen in the first place?

Also, please consider me as I five year-old. I have absolutely no knowledge of html whatsoever.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 1:58 PM
SpectreWriter, most probably there was a wrong link to the Publisher on your site menu. The site menu can be edited via the website Control Panel -> Design -> Site menu builder. Please see the following thread for more info: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-1

As for your website, please provide its address. Some servers were inaccessible due to technical problems in the data center, maybe that's why your website was 'dead'.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to solve the 404 file not found problem (From my main menu, I cannot enter the publisher page)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: