• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Login not working...
Login not working...
FilmsFilmsFilms

Message # 1 | 7:47 PM
Not been the best week so far. Website wasn't loading but contacted Ucoz and it seems to be up again now...but...

...now when I got to my website and I click "login" it brings up the signing in box, I put in my details, click Login and nothing happens. I click login on my homepage again and the box doesnt come up second time.

So....I went to login via the control panel route (on my "Webtop" page my website is listed as filmsfilmsfilms.ucoz.com, even though its been filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk for a while now should I be worried?) and my website doesn't even load when I click on it via this route.

Anyone else having this problem or know why clicking "Login" isn't logging me in??

Thanks folks
dwaindibs

Message # 2 | 7:53 PM
I am having the same problem as soon as i click log in the box just disappears and wont even let me put in my details.
also my site seems to go down around the same time every day.
FilmsFilmsFilms

Message # 3 | 8:23 PM
Yup...my website is down completely again now.... *deep sigh*

Had another email from the Ucoz guys (signed Nataliya...is that an actual lady at Ucoz or just a name they use as its always signed with that name...she's quite quick at coming back to me if it is, so that's something)

"Nataliya" said I also need to do a tracetcp thingy (I'm an IT Noob here) following this link http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-14360-16-1229049275 ....downloaded both the programs I needed to, tried running the command...nothing.

...after a cr*p day at work its enough to drive me to the beers...so much for new year health drive!! angry
dwaindibs

Message # 4 | 8:35 PM
biggrin same here i was advisde to do the same thing but i havent got a clue what i am doing.
This is why i set up my site with ucoz because of the easy edit options not so i can bein trying to put codes in places i dont even know exist.
FilmsFilmsFilms

Message # 5 | 9:38 PM
Misery likes company, so you have my sympathy mate!

I set up my website to try and further my writing career. My first book came out November 2011 (it didn't earn me much so alas I have to work all the hours to pay the bills still) and my site www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk was set up to hopefully take things further. Ucoz is ok most of the time but lately it has been hit and miss.

For a free service you can't really argue (I did purchase my domain name through Ucoz for two years) but it is frustrating when it does fail. I've got half an article on my site at the mo that I really need to format...it bugs me that people my visit the site, see it and think "this is rubbish"...
Post edited by FilmsFilmsFilms - Wednesday, 2013-01-16, 9:39 PM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 12:06 PM
Quote (FilmsFilmsFilms)
I click "login" it brings up the signing in box, I put in my details, click Login and nothing happens.

The login form works fine for me on your website. What browser do you have this problem in? Did you try to use other browsers to be sure the problem is not with the browser? You might also need to clear your browser's cookies and cache files and try again.

Quote (FilmsFilmsFilms)
my website is listed as filmsfilmsfilms.ucoz.com, even though its been filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk for a while now should I be worried?

No, you don't need to worry. Websites are always listed with their system domains in Webtop.

Quote (dwaindibs)
I am having the same problem as soon as i click log in the box just disappears and wont even let me put in my details

A website link would help.

Quote (FilmsFilmsFilms)
(signed Nataliya...is that an actual lady at Ucoz or just a name they use as its always signed with that name

For the most part the names of people who answer tickets are real smile

Quote (FilmsFilmsFilms)
tried running the command...nothing.

Where there any error messages or any other command output?

Quote (dwaindibs)
here i was advisde to do the same thing but i havent got a clue what i am doing

The tutorial here is quite detailed: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1#14360 If something is not clear enough, please describe what exactly.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
FilmsFilmsFilms

Message # 7 | 1:27 PM
Thanks for the info Sunny (soz for the late reply...the day job has taken over in the last few weeks....stress city!)

Seems to be ok again recently, so fingers crossed, just a glitch.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Login not working...
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: