uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Disk space
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:51 AM
Question-answer

What is disk space used/spent on?

On news, photos, articles, files, database, posts… in short on everything that is on a website.

Is disk space spent on users’' avatars?

If they upload their own avatars then it is spent, if they use avatars from the default sets then no.

Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months… What will happen after the period expires

You won’t be able to add a byte. Even forum posts or comments.

Yesterday I had 77% of disk space used, today - 111%. I didn’t upload anything. How can it be so?

The disk space is recounted not immediately but within 12 hours. You overloaded your site yesterday, and the disk space was recounted today. You can always contact the Technical Support if you are sure that neither you nor your site users have uploaded anything to the site.

What is a payment period?

This is a monthly fee: you'll be able to use a definite service only during the period for which you have paid.

If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb
"+10000" - 464 Mb

But this applies to FTP uploading only. The maximum file size for uploading via File Manager will remain the same - 15 Mb.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 106 | 10:53 AM
Davor24, Developer and Premium+ have 5000 Mb, Developer+ and Ultra have 10000 Mb (available after you click "Show all packages"). Yes, you can either buy a package or the separate service, but remember that if you have an active paid package (any, all of them include disk space increase), the separate service of disk space increase won't be activated till the package expires or till you cancel it.
HaRuT

Message # 107 | 8:26 AM
My Disk space limit has been reached, how to add more ?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 108 | 8:33 AM
HaRuT, you have to buy additional space from a Paid package, or to wait until the disk space will increase with some MB (the speed of the disk space increasing depends by the site's visits, however, generally you have to wait ~1-1,5 weeks to increase with ~4MB).
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 109 | 12:15 PM
HaRuT, and if you upload large files to your website (videos, for example) you may consider hosting such files on file hosting services, and just using the links or embedding files on your website.
Ed05

Message # 110 | 1:23 AM
My disc space is reached.How long it will take to increase litle so i can add something? I just upload smaler images. Also, i see that i have 770 mb to use and i cant upload even 1kb, i dont understand.
Attachments: 7968016.jpg (11.7 Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2014-10-28, 2:07 AM
Sunny

Message # 111 | 11:10 AM
Ed05, 770 MB is the total disk space you have. How many of them are used? You can check it in the top right corner:

And I can't say how long it will take to get more MB, it depends on the site age and traffic. And the increase speed is counted automatically by the system.

Ed05

Message # 112 | 1:42 PM
Sunny, for some reason my site wont show numbers on mouse hover, but i just se that field is full..so i reached maximum disc space. i misunderstand that about disc space,i know now smile any way it looks like this after i deleted so many things,images, modules .
Attachments: 1485975.png (0.4 Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2014-10-28, 1:50 PM
Sunny

Message # 113 | 9:51 AM
Ed05, if you deleted some things to free the disk space, you need to wait, because the disk space is not recounted immediately.

Quote Ed05 ()
for some reason my site wont show numbers on mouse hover

In different browsers?

Ed05

Message # 114 | 2:41 PM
Quote Sunny ()
In different browsers?

in all browsers. i thing that i have some css that making problems. when i click on disc space it only show sign ? when i inspect element i can se how much i spend. anyway today i have about 200mb extra disc space cause deleting unnecessary images and scripts. is it posibile to pay via paypal for services such a disc space and can i pay separately from other like basic or premimum? cause until now i used recharge on my acount smile im asking that cause now i cant se posibility to pay separate service wacko

!
Sunny

Message # 115 | 3:38 PM
Ed05, after the launch of the new plans additional options aka separate services are available for purchase only after you buy a paid plan. And disk space is not available as an additional option, it is included into the plans.

You can pay by PayPal when you buy any of the plans - choose the Other tab:

Ed05

Message # 116 | 1:15 AM
Sunny, Ok, i was afraid that i cant pay via paypal. I have about 200mb disc space to spent ,after that i will be forced to pay for more. thanks so much biggrin
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Saturday, 2014-11-01, 1:19 AM
osmanys

Message # 117 | 3:06 PM
Hi everyone, I'm still having a doubt:

Quote Sunny ()
Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months

this means that disk space stop increasing after 3 months?? Sorry if this has answered, I'm still confused about this detail.
Sunny

Message # 118 | 9:11 PM
osmanys, no, the disk space is constantly increasing.
osmanys

Message # 119 | 12:24 PM
Sunny, understood!! Thank you
Mawerick

Message # 120 | 6:29 PM
Help when i try to buy Basic plan for one month via paypal... when i click on pay this happend(image) why? I have money on paypal and i use it on other think online and it is not looking for my credit card?? Help Please!
And one question can I purchase only dics space not whole plan. Thanks!
Attachments: 2386889.png (49.8 Kb)

Student and Developer!
Post edited by Mawerick - Friday, 2016-02-26, 6:29 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Search: