uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Disk space
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:51 AM
Question-answer

What is disk space used/spent on?

On news, photos, articles, files, database, posts… in short on everything that is on a website.

Is disk space spent on users’' avatars?

If they upload their own avatars then it is spent, if they use avatars from the default sets then no.

Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months… What will happen after the period expires

You won’t be able to add a byte. Even forum posts or comments.

Yesterday I had 77% of disk space used, today - 111%. I didn’t upload anything. How can it be so?

The disk space is recounted not immediately but within 12 hours. You overloaded your site yesterday, and the disk space was recounted today. You can always contact the Technical Support if you are sure that neither you nor your site users have uploaded anything to the site.

What is a payment period?

This is a monthly fee: you'll be able to use a definite service only during the period for which you have paid.

If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb
"+10000" - 464 Mb

But this applies to FTP uploading only. The maximum file size for uploading via File Manager will remain the same - 15 Mb.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
PixelKhaos

Message # 91 | 10:08 PM
BlueBird, I can only suggest you to wait for someone from the staff to reply, as I do not have the details.
I'm unsure whether you get to keep the remaining time of a deactivated package.

But why do you need two packages at the same time? You CAN buy seperate services if needed though.
The system works by adding more time to a service or a package, therefore you can't have two packages at the same time, as that would just be costing you EXTRA money.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
BlueBird

Message # 92 | 10:12 PM
PlixelKhaos , i paid before months to membership that cost me alot and then i have to remove it ! , now i need more space so i need to remove the first package to activate the new one . its not believable also its not about the money i can pay but i need serves ... i will wait staff answer .. thank you friend
otherwise there should be way to refund ? i think so
Post edited by BlueBird - Tuesday, 2013-09-17, 10:53 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 93 | 7:01 AM
BlueBird, if you deactivate a paid services package before the time of which it is to expire the payment that would total to the remaining time is credited to your account.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
BlueBird

Message # 94 | 7:59 AM
okay , is that possible that you serve me with 15000+ MB ? because 10000+ is very a little for me .
and i will pay you anything you ask ?
or i can buy 10000+ then buy 5000+ MB , is that possible or same problem that one package only can be activated at a time .
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 95 | 8:05 AM
BlueBird, only one package can be activated at a single time. I will take your predicament to our technical team and see what they can do for you. smile I'll hopefully have a reply within a few hours.
BlueBird

Message # 96 | 10:48 AM
Paradox , its more than a few hours and i am still waiting , i really want an answer . it can be or not !
also why i got limitation like quota reached with uploading more than 200 file inside one folder , how can i increase it .
suppose i pay money you give me more service but , it looks bad now .
for example you let me buy developer package and i got 400+ file size but i cant upload more than 200 inside one folder ,its only retardation .
this is the first time i heard about one service can be activated at a time , other company's they allow to buy many services for more profit .maybe ucoz is only for limited website and limited personal website that's my opinion .
i am old customer , now after two years from using ucoz , i understands the limitations .
Post edited by BlueBird - Thursday, 2013-09-19, 10:54 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 97 | 1:49 PM
Quote (BlueBird)
Paradox , its more than a few hours and i am still waiting , i really want an answer . it can be or not !

I am awaiting a reply from our technical division. The message was only sent earlier today.

Quote (BlueBird)
for example you let me buy developer package and i got 400+ file size but i cant upload more than 200 inside one folder ,its only retardation .

400+MB is the total amount of storage size your site can take up on the server. There is a maximum of 200 files per directory, this is a system limitation and as far as I am aware cannot be removed.

Quote (BlueBird)
this is the first time i heard about one service can be activated at a time , other company's they allow to buy many services for more profit .maybe ucoz is only for limited website and limited personal website that's my opinion .

This has been in application for many years now, it is not new and has been applied to paid packages since before I was here on the forums. smile

BlueBird

Message # 98 | 2:36 PM
but its not believable that i separate my folder to 10 sub-folder and i have a lot to separate , its not real . that's damn limitation even if it's from the start date of ucoz company. should be changed .
otherwise 15000+ is useless for me because i need to separate my folders 10000000 sub-folders ....
if so , then i request to refund my money not to my account , to my paypal so should i click on Suspend or Cancel my order ?
you have to help me because you haven't say that one package can be at a time before i make my order .
Regards ,
PixelKhaos

Message # 99 | 7:20 PM
BlueBird, what are you even uploading if you need to have several hundred files in one folder? I have yet so see a site that even NEEDS more than 10mb of files uploaded to the file manager.
You can simply just create a new folder and put new files in there, why does it have to be in one single folder?

And you can buy several seperate services, but not have more than one active package
Your package still exists, you have gotten what you paid for, but it will only become active if you cancel your other package, or if it runs out. The new one will become active for the time you paid for after that.

You are getting more storage of files in terms of size, not number.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
BlueBird

Message # 100 | 8:29 PM
Quote (PixelKhaos)
You can simply just create a new folder and put new files in there, why does it have to be in one single folder?

Because this will make me crazy , where i store my file. its not about search but its needed for me .
For example , i say gam1 gam2 gam3 gam4 gam5 gam6 gam7 gam8 gam9 .... what do you think , thats usable ?
you can say i am exception of other sites that need only 10mb okay ?
I do not like procrastination , so at the end i may ask to make it for example 1000 file inside ? is that okay or not ?
Thanks
Post edited by BlueBird - Thursday, 2013-09-19, 11:47 PM
Sunny

Message # 101 | 9:27 AM
BlueBird, I'll try to answer all your questions.

1. The number of files per folder can't be changed, this limitation does not depend on whether you are a free or a premium user.

2. Sometimes we make exceptions and let users have more than 10000 Mb. Whether this exception can be made for your website or not will depend on the website itself, on what it is about and what the space is needed for. You will need to contact the Support Team via the Control Panel of your website to find it out.

3. There are several ways to bypass the limitation of 10000 Mb. First, you can use file hosting services to store the files. Second, you can register another website, attach a subdomain to it, and buy 10000 Mb for this second website, so you'll have 20000 Mb in total on both websites.

4. If you want to get a refund to your PayPal, please contact the Support Team via the website Control Panel -> Help.

BlueBird

Message # 102 | 10:09 AM
Sunny, i have sent the technical support a message to refund my money back .
Thank you for your fast reply and the full response that i want . also for other members that they tried to help me , including PixelKhaos, Paradox,
Regards ,
Davor24

Message # 103 | 3:39 PM
If i buy advanced package with 2500 Mb + i buy separately 800 Mb increased disk space will it count like 3300 Mb of disk space?
Sunny

Message # 104 | 4:09 PM
Davor24, no, two similar paid services (disk space increase in your case) cannot be active at the same time. 800 Mb will be activated after the package expires (or vise versa, depends on what you buy first).
Davor24

Message # 105 | 7:56 PM
Ok so for more space i must buy 5-10 000 Mb space separately (from Service enhancement --> Increased disk space panel) because advance and premium package offer only 2500 Mb space and i don't need to buy package anymore?

I remember that before we have package with 5000 Mb space include. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Friday, 2014-05-16, 7:58 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Search: