uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Disk space
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:51 AM
Question-answer

What is disk space used/spent on?

On news, photos, articles, files, database, posts… in short on everything that is on a website.

Is disk space spent on users’' avatars?

If they upload their own avatars then it is spent, if they use avatars from the default sets then no.

Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months… What will happen after the period expires

You won’t be able to add a byte. Even forum posts or comments.

Yesterday I had 77% of disk space used, today - 111%. I didn’t upload anything. How can it be so?

The disk space is recounted not immediately but within 12 hours. You overloaded your site yesterday, and the disk space was recounted today. You can always contact the Technical Support if you are sure that neither you nor your site users have uploaded anything to the site.

What is a payment period?

This is a monthly fee: you'll be able to use a definite service only during the period for which you have paid.

If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb
"+10000" - 464 Mb

But this applies to FTP uploading only. The maximum file size for uploading via File Manager will remain the same - 15 Mb.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
xxxGG

Message # 76 | 3:17 PM
Now I'm using Mozilla. If I use another browser I can show admin bar.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 77 | 3:26 PM
xxxGG, are you using the uCoz Tool-bar add-on? If you are it sometimes doesn't show up in the tool-bar itself and it is also removed from the floating position in the browser window. If not then maybe delete browser cookies & empty the cache. If none of the abive work have you installed any third-party scripts on your site recently?
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
xxxGG

Message # 78 | 4:24 PM
Done. Thank you so much
Superstar

Message # 79 | 11:01 PM
If I buy 800 MB Site Capacity, will the capacity going be full like now. I mean: Now(I didnt bought anything) the capacity is greater (400 MB and right now is 421 MB). If I buy it, will the capacity be greater? Hope you know what I mean.
Bekt

Message # 80 | 6:16 AM
It is +800 Mb. So, you will have (421+800) = 1221 Mb of disk space if you buy the package.
Natashko

Message # 81 | 11:53 AM
Superstar,
Quote (Superstar)
If I buy it, will the capacity be greater? Hope you know what I mean.

The given by default 400 MB of disk space will continue to increase. Not the purchased 800 MB however, because you are paying for a certain amount. When the paid period is over, the given by default 400 MB of disk space will continue to increase.
VZ

Message # 82 | 5:59 AM
Quote (Armaros)
How many Mbytes of disk space do you give?
We give unlimited disk space for free. Immediately after registration you get 300 Mb of disk space, but the longer you stay with us, the greater amount of Mb is automatically added.

Used to be 400MB

Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Sunny

Message # 83 | 6:11 AM
VZ, you probably quoted a very old post, it used to be 300 Mb several years ago, now it is 400 Mb. Link me to the post, please.
UndisPuted1982

Message # 84 | 8:43 PM
Sunny, Here is 1 message VZ maybe talked about: Its from 2009-06-22

Quote (Armaros)
Message # 26 |
2:59 AM
2009-06-22
Nothing is required. After registration your website will have 300MB.
Space will increase and it increases faster if your website is active.
You can buy extra space, everything depends on websites content.

Hits & visitors depends on websites popularity, which is up to owner
himself. Your website wont be deleted without warning which you'll
receive as an E-mail & only in case you wont login in your CP or web.
Post edited by UndisPuted1982 - Sunday, 2012-08-12, 8:45 PM
Sunny

Message # 85 | 12:06 PM
UndisPuted1982, could you provide the link to this post?
UndisPuted1982

Message # 86 | 4:03 PM
bodbreed

Message # 87 | 4:22 PM
File manager and FTP isn't letting me upload files , I have the package that allows you to upload files up to 70 mb through FTP and have plenty of disk space left. Used 283 mb out of 1944.

Added (2013-03-26, 10:22 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Nevermind, it is now.

BlueBird

Message # 88 | 9:18 PM
Hello ,
i have a paid for 10000+ to increase my disc space for one year on my website . but after 10 hours ,nothing happened . it still pending .it takes much time like this !!!
and then i saw this :
This status of the service means that it has another active payment which hasn't expired yet (for the service package it means there is an active payment for one of the services in the package). When the previous payment expires, the new one will be activated automatically. If the new payment needs to be activated immediately (e.g. after paying for increasing disk space to a bigger amount), the current one should be canceled manually. To view the payment history of a certain service, click on its name in the list of order.

i paid before two months for basic membership . so it means that after my membership expire , you will activate my disc space increase ?
i am confused . please answer me fast
the question : are you going to activate my order or not ?
Regards
PixelKhaos

Message # 89 | 9:34 PM
BlueBird, As you quoted in the post, if you need the package to be activated immidiately, cancel the other one you have active, and the new order will become active.
Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
BlueBird

Message # 90 | 9:42 PM
what are you talking about my friend , it means i cant buy membership , also one package should be activated at the time !!!!
i need both packages to be activated , ucoz please ...its important for me
it means also i lost my money from the old package if i cancel it ?
it stupid system if it accept one package only at a time , so you have to re-implement your system again because its useless . because it dosent serve the requirements of the customer .
for me i would like to request more than 150000+ not only 10000+ if it can be .
i need solution as soon as possible ..
Post edited by BlueBird - Tuesday, 2013-09-17, 10:06 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Search: