Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Help on Template Builder (How to Create a Skeleton ?)
Help on Template Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:47 AM
How to Create a Skeleton

When you open a Templates Builder section you can see the following options:
1. Rules for creating a skeleton
2. Sample skeleton
3. Skeletons of standard designs
4. You're using default style sheet of the design #, or Personal style sheet is in use

Those are the links to definite pages of the Control Panel. #1 and #2 are pop-up windows, # 3 opens a drop-down list with the links to standard skeletons (if you click on one of them it will be loaded to the editing area). And finally, #4 will open a pop-up window with the link to the CSS file.

Let’s get back to item 2 (sample skeleton). There are three buttons at the top of the opened window – Skeleton code, View, Edit. Active button is in a pale color, it is Skeleton code by default. When you click View you’ll see the page as it will look. We can view the appearance of the main site page (and main module pages), forum and pop-up windows. Pop-up windows are a user profile, poll results, a list of PMs etc. When you click on Edit the skeleton code will be copied to the editing area of the Templates Builder. Below are the checkboxes by means of which you can change the design either of the whole website or of some definite module(s): just remove the checkmarks for those modules which you don’t want to change. Under the checkboxes you can see the following buttons:

1. File Manager
2. View
3. Create templates (after you have clicked on this button the templates of the marked modules will change)
4. Additional options
a) Add to designs set (Addition of the created design to the set of default designs. This design will be used when restoring templates)
b) Archive the skeleton (Creation of an archive which will contain skeleton code file, style sheets file, files of images, setup manual file for installation of the skeleton on any other uCoz site)
c) Save skeleton (Saving skeleton code in a file to continue its configuring in future (backup))

Sometimes your code may contain mistakes then the system will warn you before creating an archive. The archive will be saved together with a special error file where all confusing places of the code will be listed.

If you have already edited uCoz templates then you are familiar with the principles of their structure and with the special uCoz codes. You can use in the skeleton only those codes that are working in all templates. You’ll have to paste all codes, specific for certain modules, manually. Except the standard codes, special skeleton codes are used.

The list of special Templates Builder codes:

1. [TITLE] – page name (for the tag)
2. [CSS_URL] – URL of the CSS file
3. [RSS_URL] – URL of the RSS feed (for the modules that have it)
4. [MODULE_PAGE_URL] – URL of the main module/section page (for the modules that have it)
5. [MODULE_NAME] – module name
6. [CATS_TITLE] – name of the block with the module categories list
7. [CATEGORIES] – list of the module categories (for the modules that have them)
8. [CALENDAR_TITLE] – name of the block with the calendar of additions
9. [CALENDAR] – calendar of additions (for the modules that have it)
10. [SEARCH_TITLE] – name of the search block
11. [SEARCH_FORM] – search block for searching module entries (for the modules that have this feature)
12. [BODY] – main part of the page (list of entries etc.)

When installing a skeleton on the site the Templates Builder will automatically replace those codes by the equivalent standard codes, specific for each module. In the general case [BODY] is not equal to $BODY$. For example, you’ll get the following code instead of [BODY] on the main page:

Code
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="tabbody">
<tr>
<td class="tdbody"><a href="$HOME_PAGE_LINK$">Main page</a> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td class="tdbody1">
%IF($ADD_NEWS_LINK$)%<div style="text-align:right;padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_NEWS_LINK$">Add new entry</a> ]</div>%ENDIF%
$LAST_NEWS$
</td>
</tr>
</table>

And for the File Catalog (the source code is the same):

Code
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="80%"><a href="$HOME_PAGE_LINK$">Main</a> » Files</td>
<td align="right" style="white-space: nowrap;">%IF($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)%[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add new entry</a> ]%ENDIF%</td>
</tr>
</table>
<hr />
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="60%">Total entries in catalog: <b>$NUM_ENTRIES$</b>%IF($NUM_SHOWN$)%
Shown entries: <b>$NUM_SHOWN$</b>%ENDIF%</td>
<td align="right">%IF($PAGE_SELECTOR$)%Pages: $PAGE_SELECTOR$%ENDIF%</td>
</tr>
</table>
<hr />
$BODY$
%IF($PAGE_SELECTOR1$)%<div style="text-align:center;">$PAGE_SELECTOR1$</div>%ENDIF%
</td>
</tr>
</table>

And for the Forum you’ll get just ..., ... and the following code in between:

Code
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" height="30" cellspacing="0" width="100%" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="right">[      
<a class="fNavLink" href="$RECENT_POSTS_LINK$" rel="nofollow">Recent messages</a> •      
<a class="fNavLink" href="$MEMBERS_LIST_LINK$" rel="nofollow">Members</a> •      
<a class="fNavLink" href="$BOARD_RULES_LINK$" rel="nofollow">Forum rules</a> •      
<a class="fNavLink" href="$SEARCH_PAGE_LINK$" rel="nofollow">Search</a> •
<a class="fNavLink" href="$BOARD_RSS_LINK$" rel="nofollow">RSS</a> ]</td>
</tr>
</table>
$BODY$

The conditional operators for the Templates Builder also have unique features. They are of two types: ordinary %IF% %ELSE% %ENDIF% and {IF} ... {ENDIF}. The first type is described in the Control Panel. The second type is easy to understand: these codes are used for those parts of the code that will be displayed for certain modules only. The system knows itself what and where to display.

That is what you should know when working with the Templates Builder.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 46 | 8:03 PM
yurchak, this has nothing to do with changing your design , you just need to delete or edit your entry's , those designs you pointed out are the same , only your content is different
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 47 | 10:56 AM
yurchak, you need to be more specific with what you want.
To select a default design: CP ---> Settings ---> Common settings ---->Select design->Save (as Animorph has already said to you)
Those links might be also useful http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-422-1
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/36-9267-1
Torres

Message # 48 | 1:41 PM
I'm having a problem with login page, please go to this page http://bestfullwarez.ucoz.com/ and on top of the page you'll see login, and when you click there appears some russian words, how do I make it in english? please people
Jan

Message # 49 | 5:24 PM
Torres, go to : CP - Customize design - Users - User login page.
Natashko

Message # 50 | 1:52 PM
Torres, you have asked the same here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-12199-75959-16-1304419888 And creating similar posts is against forum rules. Btw, non of the posts is in the correct place. Please, follow forum rules
billybons

Message # 51 | 5:06 PM
Hello,
I'd like to move main menu from the left side of the page to the top. Also, I want long page names in the menu to be fully displayed instead been cut and display the list of sub-pages after clicking on the page name. Appreciate your help!
Animorph

Message # 52 | 5:39 PM
billybons, what is your design number ?
To busy building a passive income online ;)
billybons

Message # 53 | 3:24 AM
it's 922
Natashko

Message # 54 | 8:45 AM
billybons, you need to create another block for the menu in the template manually. To do so create
Code
<div id="...">.....</div>
in the template (e.g. Top part of the website). And then embed
Code
<!-- <sblock_menu> -->CONTENT<!-- </sblock_menu> -->
inside of it.
And then you will have to work with styles. But it involves a lot of custom coding. Unfortunately, we do not provide help with it.
Radio-Otrov

Message # 55 | 6:17 PM
help my my disanig pic
Attachments: 9060295.jpg (186.2 Kb)
Natashko

Message # 56 | 10:36 AM
Radio-Otrov, please be more specific. What exactly do you want us to help you with?
GraveYard

Message # 57 | 9:12 AM
Hello Guys ,

I have some Problem's With my Having my premium membership

I wanna buy Premium member Ship but they saying the bank controller not letting .. ????
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 58 | 9:16 AM
GraveYard, please post your questions in the correct threads.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Natashko

Message # 59 | 1:44 PM
GraveYard, Paradox, is right. Post your message here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-13008-1#73701 Provide a screenshot of the error text you are referring to and specify your actions step by step for us to be able to understand the problem.
alyssgirl

Message # 60 | 9:25 AM
Hello! I want to change the color of the ucoz template with blue and green and with the girls and i want to be dark blue with light blue and instead of girls to put an image from my pc;). how can i do that with html code?
Post edited by alyssgirl - Monday, 2011-07-18, 9:31 AM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Help on Template Builder (How to Create a Skeleton ?)
Search: