• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Buying a domain
Buying a domain
meyaseen2003

Message # 1 | 7:31 PM
heloo Admin
I am joined your site and make a web site but i have one question.please tell me about this
can i buy your domain if yes then what is the benefit in baying and how much is this?
plz answer me of this question
thank u

The thread is locked. Please refer to the following threads:
Post edited by meyaseen2003 - Monday, 2010-12-13, 7:34 PM
Animorph

Message # 2 | 7:43 PM
hello , although that i am not an admin as you asked for i would love to help you out a bit

This topic would help you allot with domain transfer and etc

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-1

please continue new questions about domain transfer there

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Post edited by Animorph - Monday, 2010-12-13, 7:44 PM
Natashko

Message # 3 | 2:29 PM
meyaseen2003,
You can have a free third-level domain name from uCoz at registration of the website. (zone ru com net org).
You can have a second-level domain name for free from uCoz if you buy a package of services for a year. (zone ru com net org)
Here https://domains.ucoz.com/
fieshah

Message # 4 | 2:35 AM
Hello there,

that is mean, after i transfer to a paid domain ( lets say my current domain is zisstudio.ucoz.com and then i transfer it to paid domain such as moviereviews.com ), i can still use ucoz contral panel and current template design?

how about if i use current template design but using wordpress hosting, then i put in my footer "Template by uCoz" (linked to uCoz.com)? because i like uCoz template design rather than wordpress template design, uCOz is nice!

if cannot, is there other ways i can do so?

Natashko

Message # 5 | 2:59 PM
fieshah,
Quote (fieshah)
that is mean, after i transfer to a paid domain ( lets say my current domain is zisstudio.ucoz.com and then i transfer it to paid domain such as moviereviews.com ), i can still use ucoz contral panel and current template design

you can buy a domain name from any registrar. Attach it to your uCoz website. Your website will be available under both names. You will have the same assess to your website as before.
Quote (fieshah)
how about if i use current template design but using wordpress hosting, then i put in my footer "Template by uCoz" (linked to uCoz.com)? because i like uCoz template design rather than wordpress template design, uCOz is nice!

I am not sure I understand you. Do you have a website hosted at another web hosting? If so - uCoz has nothing to do with it. Forward all your questions to the support service of the hosting provider.
fieshah

Message # 6 | 3:33 PM
Hello Natashko,

Quote (Natashko)
you can buy a domain name from any registrar. Attach it to your uCoz website. Your website will be available under both names. You will have the same assess to your website as before.

ok for example, currently i am using zisstudio.ucoz.com. Then i bought paid domain which is zismovie.com and want to attach it into zisstudio.ucoz.com. That is mean, my website's url after that is no longer zisstudio.ucoz.com but already change to zismovie.com, right? If i want to change my website's content after that, i still need to login into zisstudio.ucoz.com/admin, izit?

Quote (Natashko)
I am not sure I understand you. Do you have a website hosted at another web hosting? If so - uCoz has nothing to do with it. Forward all your questions to the support service of the hosting provider.

ok for example, currently i am using zisstudio.ucoz.com. Then i register new website using Wordpress which is zismovie.wordpress.com. However, i dont want to use their template, but i want to use my current template which is what i am using at zisstudio.ucoz.com now as the template for zismovie.wordpress.com. But i still will give credit to uCoz by putting "Template designed by uCoz" in my footer at zismovie.wordpress.com. Am i allowed to do so?

Natashko

Message # 7 | 4:24 PM
fieshah,
Quote (fieshah)
ok for example, currently i am using zisstudio.ucoz.com. Then i bought paid domain which is zismovie.com and want to attach it into zisstudio.ucoz.com. That is mean, my website's url after that is no longer zisstudio.ucoz.com but already change to zismovie.com, right? If i want to change my website's content after that, i still need to login into zisstudio.ucoz.com/admin, izit?

You will be able to both old/admin website and new/admin website (both zisstudio.ucoz.com/admin and zismovie.com/admin)

Quote (fieshah)
ok for example, currently i am using zisstudio.ucoz.com. Then i register new website using Wordpress which is zismovie.wordpress.com. However, i dont want to use their template, but i want to use my current template which is what i am using at zisstudio.ucoz.com now as the template for zismovie.wordpress.com. But i still will give credit to uCoz by putting "Template designed by uCoz" in my footer at zismovie.wordpress.com. Am i allowed to do so?

You need to ask that question to Wordpress first of all. Second of all, you need to have an official permission from uCoz web-services to do it, otherwise the design is considered to be ripped. We do not guaranty that the web-services administration will allow it.
fieshah

Message # 8 | 6:33 PM
Dear Natashko,

Quote (Natashko)
You will be able to both old/admin website and new/admin website (both zisstudio.ucoz.com/admin and zismovie.com/admin)

ok lets say i already attached zisstudio.ucoz.com to zismovie.com,

1) when visitor type zisstudio.ucoz.com on their browser, is it will be automatically redirect to zismovie.com or i need to do the setting manually by putting some redirect coding?

2) how about my subpages? for example, when visitor type zisstudio.ucoz.com/gb on their browser, it will be automatically redirect to zismovie.com/gb or i need to change the whole url of my subpages? or when i already attached to zismovie.com, the whole old url (zisstudio.ucoz.com) will be automatically redirect / change to new url (zismovie.com)?

p/s: just wanna make some confirmation. That is mean, after i attached zisstudio.ucoz.com to zismovie.com, i am still able to use my current template design, right?

Animorph

Message # 9 | 7:36 PM
Quote (fieshah)
1) when visitor type zisstudio.ucoz.com on their browser, is it will be automatically redirect to zismovie.com or i need to do the setting manually by putting some redirect coding?

the visitor will be redirected to zismovie.com

Quote (fieshah)
2) how about my subpages? for example, when visitor type zisstudio.ucoz.com/gb on their browser, it will be automatically redirect to zismovie.com/gb or i need to change the whole url of my subpages? or when i already attached to zismovie.com, the whole old url (zisstudio.ucoz.com) will be automatically redirect / change to new url (zismovie.com)?

the same will happen with your sub-pages if you type zisstudio.ucoz.com/gb it will redirect to zismovie.com/gb

Quote (fieshah)
i am still able to use my current template design, right?

yes you will still use your uCoz design and the uCoz service , don't worry there won't be any difference with the uCoz modules and design

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 10 | 1:05 PM
fieshah, after you attach a domain, a new option will appear in Common settings of your website - "Redirect from the default domain to the attached one automatically". If you tag it, users will go to newly attached domain automatically, even if they type in the default address of the website. They same with all the modules.
And if you don't tag this option, your website will be accessible under both domain names.
fieshah

Message # 11 | 3:08 AM
Hello there,

currently i am successfully attached my paid domain and do it automatically redirect as instructed by Natashko hands
thanks to Animorph and Natashko for helping me!

Added (2011-03-06, 9:08 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hello there,

I have one problem. I noticed that since I transfered my domain to a paid domain, my server ( I dont know what to call it ) is always down. I mean, there are no more nav bar buttons on my website. Usually its have GENERAL, CONTROL, USERS, MULTIMEDIA and so on. But lately, it is always disappear. So I cant edit any of my website's content.

Is there anything that I forgot to set? Because I tried to login with my other ucoz website, the nav bar buttons are there. But it is not there for mymoviesreview.com

What happen?

Post edited by fieshah - Wednesday, 2011-03-02, 8:23 AM
Natashko

Message # 12 | 2:24 PM
fieshah, we have checked your website and the admin bar is actually missing. The third-party scripts are causing it. I suggest you disable third-party scripts one by one and check which one is causing the problems. When you find out - just delete it.
billybons

Message # 13 | 3:01 AM
Hello,
Can I pay for domain by credit card or PayPal? All payment options offered by uCoz are unavailable to me.
Thank you.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 14 | 8:19 AM
billybons, please continue in the threads mentioned in the first post. And what service are you referring to with payment? I believe all of them support PayPal.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 10:43 AM
billybons, domains.ucoz.com supports payments by PayPal and credit cards.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Buying a domain
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: