• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » attach subdomain with other host
attach subdomain with other host
bepeasstreet

Message # 1 | 3:22 AM
Hi. i want attach a subdomain (like site.mysite.com) but the principal domain is hosted in other host.. so its possible to attach my ucoz site in a subdomain?
Sunny

Message # 2 | 2:10 PM
bepeasstreet, yes, it is possible. Use Method 3 in Control Panel > Domain attachment. Please see the guide at http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bepeasstreet

Message # 3 | 0:08 AM
Sunny, I think u didnt understand what I say...

I have a site, but its not a uCoz site. its hosted in a x host. so site.com its in this x host. And i have a new site hosted with uCoz.. i want this site in uCoz to have a subdomain in my other site.. lets say sub.xsite.com

so when you enter in xsite.com u enter in my other site hosted in other host, and when u enter in sub.xsite.com u enter to my site in ucoz. it is possible?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 8:24 AM
bepeasstreet, yes, you can attach a subdomain with Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1 . But first of all, you have to create the specific A-records in the domain control panel (ergo the CP of your site hosted on another host):
  • Name: YOURSUBDOMAIN*
  • Type: A
  • TTL: 300
  • Target: The IP address of your site's server (uCoz site Control panel » General » IP-address).

*it's recommended to use capital letters, but you can use normal characters as well.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
bepeasstreet

Message # 5 | 4:48 PM
bigblog, when all that is finished I just go to the panel control in ucoz, i select the method 3 and i put "sub.mysite.com" and its ready?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 6:27 PM
bepeasstreet, yes, but you will have to wait ~15 minutes until the changes will be applied.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
bepeasstreet

Message # 7 | 7:48 PM
bigblog, i did that and put

Name: YOURSUBDOMAIN*
Type: A
TTL: 300
Target: 213.174.157.140

but when I want to attach the subdomain say "Specified domain name gives an incorrect IP address. ()"
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 9:05 PM
bepeasstreet, first of all, you need to replace YOURSUBDOMAIN with the subdomain you want to attach to your site. For example, if your subdomain would be photos.whatever.com, you have to write there "photos" or "PHOTOS". Please notice that the provider will need some time to apply the changes made to the A-records. Until the A-records are not applied, you cannot attach your domain.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
bepeasstreet

Message # 9 | 10:53 PM
bigblog, yes of course, I replace YOURSUBDOMAIN for "blog" and didnt work anyway.. ok i will see that smile thanks

Added (2015-06-29, 10:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
bigblog, her say the minimum TTL for the other host its 14400.. but i dont understand so much that :S

Sunny

Message # 10 | 10:36 AM
bepeasstreet, if you still have difficulties attaching the subdomain, please provide the subdomain itself and the uCoz website where you are trying to attach it.
bepeasstreet

Message # 11 | 10:45 PM
Sunny, my ucoz site its miljugadas.do.am ... The subdomain its BLOG (blog.miljugadas.com) and of course the principal domain its miljugadas.com

Added (2015-06-30, 10:45 PM)
Name: BLOG
TTL: 300
Target: 213.174.157.140

this what i put....

my web in ucoz its miljugadas.do.am ... the other host its Hostmonster... please I need help ASAP..

bepeasstreet

Message # 12 | 2:00 AM
here some picutres fo the other hots where i put everything to attach my subdomain in ucoz..

Attachments: 7267097.jpg (96.1 Kb) · 5129987.jpg (71.0 Kb) · 7126437.jpg (81.3 Kb)
Post edited by Paradox - Wednesday, 2015-07-01, 4:20 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 13 | 4:17 AM
bepeasstreet, you need to either a) specify the domain servers and park the site on the uCoz servers, or b) otherwise point your domain to the uCoz server and attach it to the site without parking.

You're currently creating a separate site file for your subdomain as an extension of your primary domain which is prone to cause a range of issues. To resolve this remove the "subdomain" entry you currently have within your hosting CP.

You can now choose between either option a, or b as listed above. I'd personally advise just pointing the subdomain to the uCoz site using A Records. It is the simplest solution. The record will require the following information:

Name: blog.domain.com
TTL: 14400
Address: 213.174.157.140

The domain extension of the website may not be required so check in your hosting panel and follow the advice offered by self support and technical service documentation.

Please remember we do have guidelines applied to the excessive use of text styling here on the forums. There was no need to use the larger text at the end of your previous post, it has been removed. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
bepeasstreet

Message # 14 | 5:43 PM
Paradox, thank u very much!! and sorry for that, I really was soo desperate! because i didn find a single solution to this.. so im going to do that right now!!
thanks again for being there to help me! :3

Added (2015-07-01, 5:43 PM)
still dosnt work :(((

Sunny

Message # 15 | 1:14 PM
bepeasstreet, your website miljugadas.do.am is currently available at http://blog.miljugadas.net/ , not .com
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » attach subdomain with other host
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: