Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Bug Reporting
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:53 PM
Bug (Software Bug) is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Wikipedia

If you have noticed a bug on your website, in Control Panel etc.:

1. Provide the website address.
2. Provide the server number where your website is located (you can check it in Control Panel -> Top bar -> General -> Server name).
3. Explain how the error appears, what actions lead to it and what error message the system displays.
4. Specify the module where the error takes place.
5. If the error occurs when editing an entry, specify the editing mode (Visual Editor, Pure HTML, BB Codes + HTML).
6. Provide a screenshot of the error if possible.

If you have noticed grammar/spelling mistakes, please post them in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-4537-1

Before you post in this thread, think twice and make sure it is really a bug and not the result of your own actions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Charley_Dixon

Message # 31 | 0:42 AM
Hi Sunny,

I could argue that in this case user's input is not sanitized properly, which is a bug. But of course it's all up to you, so can you please consider it as a feature request? Of course I understand that my example is rather extreme, but most people usually use WYSIWYG editor and they probably paste text there from MS Word or other editors that tend to wrap the entire text in 'div' tags and those tags end up being on site pages without corresponding closing tags. In this case I think it makes little sense to ask users to switch to raw HTML editing mode and figure out how to properly close and re-open tags in machine generated code they just pasted.
Sunny

Message # 32 | 12:21 PM
Charley_Dixon, you can post your suggestion in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1
ZTSF

Message # 33 | 9:39 AM
On some reason the most of the PM's get recieved twice.
I thought it would be over in a week, but it's now already a problem for 1 month sad

No matter what's in the PM but some users (± 70%) recieve the PB 2 times (while it's standing just once at the send PM's) and at other users (± 30%) everyting is working just fine.
Did you already know of this problem??

Raymond wink

Come to ZTSF: www.superzt.ucoz.com
Locky

Message # 34 | 1:39 PM
i work for 2 hours, but i lost this time, because template backup forgot to save my global blocks.

I don't have a top and bottom blocks. thanks uCoz. Next time don't "repair" the good functions...

Hungarian uCoz forum moderator
vmarci21

Message # 35 | 5:15 PM
only complain that runs uCoz not under restriction in PHP and can be read ... sad SSI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Side_IncludesSSI

Locky, úgy tűnik hogy a magyarok ide panaszkodni járnak... biggrin

Added (2013-03-17, 11:15 AM)
---------------------------------------------
only complain that SSI is not running uCoz under PHP limitation can be read only ...

Locky

Message # 36 | 7:46 PM
vmarci21, yeah, but usually nobody helping us.
Sunny

Message # 37 | 4:02 PM
ZTSF, what is the website address?

Locky, it may happen if there were global blocks on the website, then they were deleted, then a backup was restored.

vmarci21, uCoz doesn't support SSI.

ZTSF

Message # 38 | 10:43 PM
Sunny, superzt.ucoz.com

Added (2013-03-21, 4:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
While still fixing the PM problem, now I found an other (more serious) problem/bug.
All versions of IE can not use the new "New reply" form.
The can doe everything with it, except use the post button dry

Any solution?

Raymond wink

Sunny

Message # 39 | 9:44 AM
ZTSF, the bug in IE has been already fixed, and will be updated on all servers soon.
ZTSF

Message # 40 | 0:31 AM
Sunny, Great!

Now again a bug.
When your logged in on my website (and you gave the admin bar) the whole website is getting below the admin bar (pretty logic).
But, when your not logged in, but instead of the admin bar you see the ad-bar, it is getting over the layout.
Is there a way to made it the same way as the admin bar, so the website is getting below under the ad-bar?

Raymond wink

Sunny

Message # 41 | 9:13 AM
ZTSF, it's not a bug and I'm afraid it's not possible to move it. The only was is to pay for its removal.
Rheiko

Message # 42 | 7:07 AM
Hello Sunny,

I have a problem, i'm not sure if it is a bug
i am an admin at indomodding.ucoz.com
when i try to log in at admin control panel, it always says "incorrect login or password" but i check my password and it is totally correct
please tell me if this is a bug or not and how to solve it
thanks
Sunny

Message # 43 | 9:14 AM
Rheiko, try to retrieve the passwords to make sure you are entering the correct one: http://www.uid.me/remind/
Rheiko

Message # 44 | 9:52 AM
i already did that and i am really sure that i entered a correct password
Post edited by Rheiko - Wednesday, 2013-10-02, 9:53 AM
Daffa_Mage

Message # 45 | 10:27 AM
Hello, I would like to report that for some reason, the Captcha used to avoid spam for some reason are bugged in my site.
2 Users that try to register (one of them manage to pass through after several tries and with luck, the other haven't).
Both users report that they have put the correct Captcha code [marked with a check mark].

a screenshot from one of them can be found attached to the post.

Please respond and thank you for taking your time smile
Attachments: 1551914.jpg (30.2 Kb)
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Search: