uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Auto-transfer (automatic change of user group)
Auto-transfer
itseeker

Message # 16 | 9:32 PM
Hi..

In my control panel > user group. It is default set on Member ( auto-transfer )
Can i change the auto-transfer to another user group........

jackass

Message # 17 | 7:18 AM
itseeker, I guess thats not possible
JumpingJet

Message # 18 | 10:17 PM
Auto Tranfer, What is it, i am confused! Please help.
Sunny

Message # 19 | 9:10 AM
JumpingJet, auto-transfer is an automatic transfer of members from one group into another (from Users to Checked) according to the selected criteria.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Bloodman

Message # 20 | 5:47 AM
Is it possible to add another auto transfer. Like there is already a auto-transfer to checked member but is it possible to add one like from member to elite member afterl ike 100 post?
Sunny

Message # 21 | 8:40 AM
Bloodman, no unless you rename Checked into Elite members.
Igor-Sousa

Message # 22 | 7:15 AM
Hi, I read the description of the auto-transfer feature, and it says:
Quote (Auto-transfer feature)
This setting determines minimum activity of users from "Users" group which initiates automatic transfer to "Checked" group. It is useful for large forums to give new and active users more abilities automatically.

I am interested in this feature, so I registered a "user-test" on my site, and confirmed its email (different of mine) to see if it would be transferred to the group checked as is written in the description of the feature.

So I waited 1 day and he has not yet been transferred to the group checked.

I'm using the following settings:

Auto-transfer works only if the forum module is installed or also works for all other modules?

Attachments: 8588360.jpg (22.3 Kb)

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Sunny

Message # 23 | 4:19 PM
Igor-Sousa, it must work for all modules. Make sure 1 day have already passed (your time and server time may differ).
Igor-Sousa

Message # 24 | 9:12 AM
Ok, now 2 days since the user's registration day and it still in "user" group. Any idea?

User's Registration day: August / 14

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Post edited by Igor-Sousa - Sunday, 2009-08-16, 9:22 AM
t4club

Message # 25 | 6:35 PM
Ok im confused sorry to be such a bore or a dafty but i truly dont understand
1 - could someone point me to where i will find this system that sorts my members out for me, as in below [copied from above] Forum: 0 entries
Comments: 0 entries
Site News: 0 entries
Blog: 0 entries
File Catalog: 0 entries
Publisher: 0 entries
Site Catalog: 0 entries
Ad Board: 0 entries
Photo Albums: 0 entries
Number of days since user's registration: 0
Method of checking the selected conditions: OR
With confirmed e-mail only: checked

2- having found this part of the systen am i to suppose it works on the premise of x post counts will upgrade the members entitlements and duly move them up the ladder of useability so to speak ??? If this is teh case i have mucked about with my users privelages quite some now and am unable to know what to do to restore it, can i WITHOUT disturbing teh rest of my site take the privelages back to when i started and start again as if new...
3 - What i am looking for is this
1 group as guests with next to know privelages apart from they may view some parts of my site and have theri own guets forum space to post away from the main forum
2 a group of intermidiates who have say posted maybe 10-20 time sthus showing some commitment to our community which would be rewarded with more useability
3 - a members group who could do most things
4 a moderators group who could help me as admin with site chores
5 My gold club for long standing and very active or trade members by way of a thankyou for their help

Now i am sure to thos ein the know it is not all that ahrd to acheive yet to me it is i have managed to teach myself in 6 months to where i am now with 1200 members your No 1 auto moto group and getting stronger yet i just am unable to work this one out myself sadly and thus deperately need your help

One last thing is there a set level of access that guests should have, a member should have and a moderator should have etc if so could someone show me i would be etrnally graeteful

A wonderful resource this great for thickos like me 100% keep it up, THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR REPLIES

By the way just noticed a verification box appeared under my forum posts is this new have i done something and if so how do i turn it off

Please simple english step 1 do, step 2 do etc for all above as i truly do not understand HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Sir_Cr4p

Message # 26 | 7:42 PM
Quote (t4club)
2 a group of intermidiates who have say posted maybe 10-20 time sthus showing some commitment to our community which would be rewarded with more useability

so what you have to do you set a minimum number of posts in:
Forum: 0 entries
i.e. Forum: 10 entries.
this way you can separate active n non-active users, but dont forget the [Auto transfer] feature moves users from group ID 1 to group ID 2.

Buffer overrun detected!
Post edited by Sir_Cr4p - Monday, 2009-10-05, 7:45 PM
t4club

Message # 27 | 8:07 PM
Ok thanks that makes things a bit clearer so i am able to set my own limit from 1-x for my forum and other areas

What i now dont get however is if i move my members to guets i have just done this in [auto transfer] do i then just have to set these limits and autotansfer them every 30 days or so to keep my site up to date?

I would also like to be able to get everyone to join as Guest and work their way up instead of the way it is where they join as member and work theri way down seems kind of backwards no ?

How do i totally delete a user group so as to completly start it again that is one with no users in it ?

Will i do any harm by resetting all user groups to original unused set up as in refreshing to unsed state is this possible where i can then start all over again with each group a sthe auto defaul;t state will of been worked out for efficeincy i suppose will it not off..

Any further help, answers or guidance appriciated

Dougie

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Sunny

Message # 28 | 8:59 AM
t4club, it is not very easy to understand you bit I'll try.

Quote (t4club)
What i now dont get however is if i move my members to guets i have just done this in [auto transfer] do i then just have to set these limits and autotansfer them every 30 days or so to keep my site up to date?

After you set the limits users will be automatically transferred from one group to another.

Quote (t4club)
I would also like to be able to get everyone to join as Guest and work their way up instead of the way it is where they join as member and work theri way down seems kind of backwards no ?

You can organize the groups as you like.

Quote (t4club)
How do i totally delete a user group so as to completly start it again that is one with no users in it ?

You want to delete a group of registered users? If you want them to start from the very beginning you can use "Mass users transfer/removal" feature. Groups can be deleted via CP -> Users -> User groups but only custom groups can be deleted.

Quote (t4club)
Will i do any harm by resetting all user groups to original unused set up as in refreshing to unsed state is this possible where i can then start all over again with each group a sthe auto defaul;t state will of been worked out for efficeincy i suppose will it not off..

You want to reset group permissions to default? There is no such feature.

nunutu29

Message # 29 | 4:40 PM
I can't do the auto transfer!!!

why it doesn't work ?

Attachments: 2268178.png (20.5 Kb)

www.nunutu29.do.am
Post edited by nunutu29 - Thursday, 2010-03-18, 4:41 PM
Sunny

Message # 30 | 8:28 AM
nunutu29, how long did you wait?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Auto-transfer (automatic change of user group)
Search: