uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
Private messages
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:51 PM
Features and differences from PHP forums:

1. Total of 200 PMs are kept. All received PMs are saved, you can’t change it, you can only delete them.

2. If you don’t delete PMs manually and their number reaches 200, the oldest PMs will be automatically deleted if you receive a new one.

3. Administrators can’t read other users’ PMs. And this feature won’t be added in future (privacy of correspondence).

4. Smileys in PMs can be enabled in Module settings and confirmed in User Groups settings. In User Groups settings you can also enable BB codes in PMs.

5. Message length is limited to 1000 characters.

Code
<?IF($IS_NEW_PM$)?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">[img]http://YOUR_SITE_URL/prt.gif[/img]</a>($UNREAD_PM$)<?ELSE?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">Private messages</a> <?ENDIF?>

This code will help you to get a blinking or any other button when you receive a new PM, a number of unread messages in brackets and a link to a pop-up window when you click on it or on the image.

How can I see the private messages of users? I am the website owner and want to see the PM's of users.
You can't. Private messages are PRIVATE.

How to send a PM automatically, i.e. as soon as a user has registered he receives a private message automatically from the administration?
By standard means it is not possible. The system will send an email to the user's email address.

I have added the $UNREAD_PM$ code. But the number of unread messages is always displayed as zero and new messages are not colored red.
The system reacts to a new PM within 10 minutes, you just need to wait.

How can I delete a PM which was accidentally sent to a wrong user, I don’t want him to read it?
You can’t.

I can’t find the option "Notify by e-mail about new private messages". Where is it?
It is on the profile page.

Some users of my website have a sound "private message" playing each time they enter the site, though they don’t have new PMs. Why is it so?
Restore default forum templates or resave them.

PM is not working on my website – when I click on it an empty window opens.
Restore the default PM template.

I have already read the last PM but there is still an alert.
Delete cookies.

Is it possible to delete all users’ PMs?
No, you can delete only YOUR PMs.

Is it possible to let a user use PMs only after he has 50 posts in forum?
You can disable PM for the "Users" group and enable auto-transfer to the "Checked" group after a user has posted 50 messaged in forum and has confirmed his/her e-mail

What are the IDs or classes of the fields "Subject" and "Message text"?
#pmSubject and #message

Can the forum administrator send PMs to all users? If yes then how?
By means of the mass PM dispatch.

Is it possible to do the following:
1. Only the administrator can send PMs.
2. Users can only read PMs and send PMs to the administrator only.

No. Those who are not allowed to send PMs can’t read then as well.

How can I translate the text on the PM page into another language?
Partially by means of the Substitution of default phrases, partially by means of scripts.

Is it possible to block PMs from unwanted users?
You can block messages from groups only (the option "Accept private messages from the following groups only" in the profile)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Armaros

Message # 16 | 5:17 PM
No, but you can do that manually or set first group as inactive, then set auto-transfer for those
people who are active to be transferred to group which, for example, is members. And people
who remain in inactive group, you can mass PM or write an e-mail to each individual reminding.
itseeker

Message # 17 | 8:54 AM
Hi ..

I want to know that is there any option for , AUTO WELCOME PRIVATE MESSAGE to new member.
I want to set some text for welcome private message, when a new member join a auto message automatically comes in this private message.

if yes then please reply me back , waiting for your response..

<<THANKS IN ADVANCE>>

Sunny

Message # 18 | 9:55 AM
itseeker, there is no such feature.
sameerpkk

Message # 19 | 2:04 PM
I am the administrator of the site mysite.ucoz.com . when i send PM to my users, an email will be sent to them automatically which is described below.I would like to edit these message. Can I ? Please Help me

To read a new private message do the following:
1. Go to the site (use the link above).
2. Authorize yourself by entering your login name and password.
3. Open your personal page by clicking "My profile" or "Personal section".
4. Go to "Private messages" section.

iLee

Message # 20 | 1:41 AM
Quote (sameerpkk)
I would like to edit these message. Can I ? Please Help me

You cannot edit this message.

Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
Rezwan73

Message # 21 | 11:25 AM
Is it possible to notify on the main page that a user has activate his mail or not? means, if a user has not activate his mail address then a message will appear saying " Activate your mail address". is it possible?
Sunny

Message # 22 | 9:47 AM
Rezwan73, I don't think it is possible.
itseeker

Message # 23 | 6:38 AM
i want to add a popup menu for private message..

when a new private message send the member will get a popup notification for private message.

any one can help me out. dry

Sunny

Message # 24 | 8:22 AM
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/26-3513-1
JardDooku

Message # 25 | 10:04 PM
is there a way to trace messages that have been deleted?
Sunny

Message # 26 | 8:25 AM
JardDooku, no.
Balrog

Message # 27 | 10:16 PM
Hi uCoz & All ... How do I send PM's to a group of mixed user. I don't want to use the Mass PM.

An example would be there are 6 members in D-Group and 5 in A-Group ... I want to contact only 3 from D-Group and 1 in A-Group ... so I would think I set the Send PM box Recipient: to have ... 1D, 2D, 3D, 1A ... doesn't work? Hope I've explained that OK?!?

ANY advice appreciated!

Balrog

Tommy

Message # 28 | 7:09 AM
Balrog, You have to send PM manually. There is no such option.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Balrog

Message # 29 | 7:15 AM
Hey T ... thanks for that.

Is this something uCoz plan to develop? It seems an obvious thing to have on a site, say a checkbox against each member to PM in a group? ... Thanks ... Walts

Sunny

Message # 30 | 8:38 AM
Quote (Balrog)
say a checkbox against each member to PM in a group?

And what if there are not 10 members in a group but thousand? The list will be too long. Anyway you can suggest it on Suggestion Board.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
Search: