uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
Private messages
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:51 PM
Features and differences from PHP forums:

1. Total of 200 PMs are kept. All received PMs are saved, you can’t change it, you can only delete them.

2. If you don’t delete PMs manually and their number reaches 200, the oldest PMs will be automatically deleted if you receive a new one.

3. Administrators can’t read other users’ PMs. And this feature won’t be added in future (privacy of correspondence).

4. Smileys in PMs can be enabled in Module settings and confirmed in User Groups settings. In User Groups settings you can also enable BB codes in PMs.

5. Message length is limited to 1000 characters.

Code
<?IF($IS_NEW_PM$)?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">[img]http://YOUR_SITE_URL/prt.gif[/img]</a>($UNREAD_PM$)<?ELSE?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">Private messages</a> <?ENDIF?>

This code will help you to get a blinking or any other button when you receive a new PM, a number of unread messages in brackets and a link to a pop-up window when you click on it or on the image.

How can I see the private messages of users? I am the website owner and want to see the PM's of users.
You can't. Private messages are PRIVATE.

How to send a PM automatically, i.e. as soon as a user has registered he receives a private message automatically from the administration?
By standard means it is not possible. The system will send an email to the user's email address.

I have added the $UNREAD_PM$ code. But the number of unread messages is always displayed as zero and new messages are not colored red.
The system reacts to a new PM within 10 minutes, you just need to wait.

How can I delete a PM which was accidentally sent to a wrong user, I don’t want him to read it?
You can’t.

I can’t find the option "Notify by e-mail about new private messages". Where is it?
It is on the profile page.

Some users of my website have a sound "private message" playing each time they enter the site, though they don’t have new PMs. Why is it so?
Restore default forum templates or resave them.

PM is not working on my website – when I click on it an empty window opens.
Restore the default PM template.

I have already read the last PM but there is still an alert.
Delete cookies.

Is it possible to delete all users’ PMs?
No, you can delete only YOUR PMs.

Is it possible to let a user use PMs only after he has 50 posts in forum?
You can disable PM for the "Users" group and enable auto-transfer to the "Checked" group after a user has posted 50 messaged in forum and has confirmed his/her e-mail

What are the IDs or classes of the fields "Subject" and "Message text"?
#pmSubject and #message

Can the forum administrator send PMs to all users? If yes then how?
By means of the mass PM dispatch.

Is it possible to do the following:
1. Only the administrator can send PMs.
2. Users can only read PMs and send PMs to the administrator only.

No. Those who are not allowed to send PMs can’t read then as well.

How can I translate the text on the PM page into another language?
Partially by means of the Substitution of default phrases, partially by means of scripts.

Is it possible to block PMs from unwanted users?
You can block messages from groups only (the option "Accept private messages from the following groups only" in the profile)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 106 | 2:28 PM
Balrog, no, not possible either.
carloscompu

Message # 107 | 2:40 PM
I dont know if its the corect thread but I have a Costumed chat in my website and It opens in a difrent page over the normal page but I would like it to stay over the normal page cause if the user clicks the normal pagethe chat hides behind the normal page its like an on-top window funtion for specific pages like in my example the chatbox
Sunny

Message # 108 | 3:24 PM
carloscompu, where is the link to the chat on your website? Couldn't find it.
carloscompu

Message # 109 | 11:30 AM
its build on an index and its not a tag board its my own chat service
You need to be logged in to see the chat if not an acces denied page will open but in any way I made it easiar to find on the right upper corner, its called chit-chat latino

I want this pop-up page to stay on top of the pages when it opens so that users can stay navegating the website without this chat hiding behind the browser

Added (2013-05-09, 5:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Inside the PM page there are some options that cant be deleted in the PM $BODY$

Like for example: recieved, Sent, send, mass mail, and the last option 'My Profile'

How can I delete 'My Profile' from this list on the top of the $BODY$ of PM.

Im not using My Profile for view only for other uses Like showing info on the page with get codes and iframes
So I cant turn off profile page

Is there a way to delete this link from here

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 110 | 11:36 AM
carloscompu, there is no standard means to achieve this. It is however possible using custom scripting. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
carloscompu

Message # 111 | 12:15 PM
I dont know much about scripting ,I just need that out of there

I can't have user entering that link.
Bond009

Message # 112 | 7:19 AM
I think the PM mailing should be more customizable. It is kind of ridiculous a site owner/admin cant adjust the max amount of PMs an inbox can hold from a max of 200 to 500 or even a 1000. It just just text and takes up very little space.

Also how do you make it so all member groups of a forum can post longer messages like admins can. For example normal users can only send like 200 characters give or take and an admin can send what seems almost endless length of a Private message.
Sunny

Message # 113 | 11:22 AM
Quote Bond009 ()
Also how do you make it so all member groups of a forum can post longer messages like admins can. For example normal users can only send like 200 characters give or take and an admin can send what seems almost endless length of a Private message.

The limit in private message is 5050 characters for Administrators, and 1050 characters for other users. The limits cannot be changed.

Please post suggestions in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1

Bond009

Message # 114 | 10:33 PM
Quote Sunny ()
The limit in private message is 5050 characters for Administrators, and 1050 characters for other users. The limits cannot be changed.

Please post suggestions in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1

alright thanks for the tip, i know a lot of other forums have a lot more administration features that can be changed/modified so i think in order to make ucoz better and be able to compete with those other sites these things should be added. smile
RampantEpsilon

Message # 115 | 11:44 PM
Question,

Is there any way (or possibly future plans) of being able to have PMs among multiple users at the same time? I know there are other sites where this is possible and think it would be a good feature to include as an option.

Essentially, what I'm trying to describe here is User A making a PM between him, User B, and Admin A where all three can see what each other reply with in it.

Quote Example PM
User A: This feature is great.
User B: I know right. Thanks Admin.
Admin A: Not a problem. Glad you like it.

In the PM example above all three would see every message in the PM.

|
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 116 | 1:58 AM
RampantEpsilon, unfortunately I'm not aware of any current plans in relation to the updating of the Private Messaging system. There is the option to email multiple users of the same group at once, however, there are no current features in terms of group mails.

NB: Could you also please adjust your signature to align with the forum rules? They are unable to be over 30px high and can only advertise uCoz sites. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Korijs

Message # 117 | 5:14 PM
what could be a problem that simple (registered) user can't send me as an administrator private message?
there is written in red color that "Korijs" is blocked private messages reception from group "User" ".

"You can block messages from groups only (the option "Accept private messages from the following groups only" in the profile) /Sunny " - where can I find that option?

ty
Post edited by Korijs - Wednesday, 2015-01-07, 5:16 PM
Sunny

Message # 118 | 2:14 PM
Quote Korijs ()
where can I find that option?

In your profile, when editing it:

Korijs

Message # 119 | 2:24 PM
Quote Sunny ()
In your profile, when editing it:

oh, seems I dont have standard design for profile editiong, I will check default codes for it..

p.s. there is no difference between using uid or local users (local as premium) ?
Sunny

Message # 120 | 3:56 PM
Quote Korijs ()
there is no difference between using uid or local users (local as premium) ?

No, there shouldn't be any.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
Search: