There is the possibility of mass emailing to users.
It can be done in Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch
according to the following rules:
1. The max message length is 10,000 characters.
2. Emails can be sent not more often than once per 5 hours.
3. Users can subscribe to the mailing list when registering or editing their profiles.
4. You can create subject categories to which users can subscribe (e.g.: "Site News", "Computer News", "World News"). The max number of categories is 20.
5. Dispatch cannot be stopped so be attentive and don't click "Start dispatch" beforehand.
6. All emails are sent in the text format, therefore HTML tags won't work in the emails.
Mass emails are sent only to the users who have subscribed to them and who have confirmed their emails. Mass mail subscription is VOLUNTARY!
Note: The subscription option will appear in the registration form and on user profiles ONLY after you have created at least one mailing category!
How to send a mass email?
Go to: Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch.1.
Make sure you have created at least one category. If no, click on New category
Select a category. (Required)
a) To see who subscribed to the category click on Subscribers.3.
b) To see previous sent mass emails click on Dispatch archive.
Fill out the form and click on Start dispatch
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.