uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Mass emailing (sending mass emails to users)
Mass emailing
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:21 PM
There is the possibility of mass emailing to users.

It can be done in Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch according to the following rules:

1. The max message length is 10,000 characters.
2. Emails can be sent not more often than once per 5 hours.
3. Users can subscribe to the mailing list when registering or editing their profiles.
4. You can create subject categories to which users can subscribe (e.g.: "Site News", "Computer News", "World News"). The max number of categories is 20.
5. Dispatch cannot be stopped so be attentive and don't click "Start dispatch" beforehand.
6. All emails are sent in the text format, therefore HTML tags won't work in the emails.

Mass emails are sent only to the users who have subscribed to them and who have confirmed their emails. Mass mail subscription is VOLUNTARY!

Note: The subscription option will appear in the registration form and on user profiles ONLY after you have created at least one mailing category!

How to send a mass email?

Go to: Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch.

1. Make sure you have created at least one category. If no, click on New category.

2. Select a category. (Required)

a) To see who subscribed to the category click on Subscribers.
    b) To see previous sent mass emails click on Dispatch archive.

3. Fill out the form and click on Start dispatch.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Intense

Message # 46 | 7:06 PM
I have a slight problem with the mass mail dispatch. At one time when the subscribers hit 30 every other registered user was not added in the subscribers list. I know that it is possible to not subscript but after 20 people registered with no one subscribing I got a little suspicious, so I registered a new account (on another e-mail of course) and subscripted, confirmed the e-mail and it was not added to the subscription list.
Why is that ? How can it be fixed ?

P.S. Can someone give me a code on how to add a "button" on the homepage for easier subscription if someone missed the subscribtion field on the registration ?

Natashko

Message # 47 | 10:03 AM
Intense,
Quote (Intense)
At one time when the subscribers hit 30 every other registered user was not added in the subscribers list

The problem wasn't confirmed. For testing purposes I have subscribed to your mass mail dispatch and I saw myself among the subscribers in the subscribers list. If some of your users do not receive messages from you, it might be due to their e-mail provider. There are no limitations at our end.
Intense

Message # 48 | 8:35 AM
Thanks for the help, Natashko, although except your and one other account from the last 30, no one is in the subscription list. I know that some e-mail providers could block the dispatch, but the problem is that the list does not grow. It just skips some of the people who subscribe from what we tested.

This seems unfixable at this time and I know I can't receive help on this matter, but is there a way to put a "SUBSCRIBE" button on the main page and probably a little info on how to do that if possible ?

Natashko

Message # 49 | 2:20 PM
Intense,
Quote (Intense)
but is there a way to put a "SUBSCRIBE" button on the main page and probably a little info on how to do that if possible ?

I do not think it is possible. Btw Mass mail subscription is VOLUNTARY! Mind that not all of your users might be subscribed (that is why not all of them will appear in the subscribers list).
ConstantineP

Message # 50 | 6:09 PM
I have over 1.700 users on my forum but I have got only 100 members registered on mail dispatch. I have also the option for mail dispatch ON in every registration !
I need help.

Thank you.
Susmoy

Message # 51 | 7:05 PM
ConstantineP, I think it is maybe some of them are using those Email which are not allowed or Maybe some users has UnSuscribe your site To get Mails!

smile smile

If I Help you then Please +Rep and Awards
ConstantineP

Message # 52 | 6:48 PM
Oh .. How can I change this ? ... Or how can Add themm all into email dispatch ?
Thank you.
Animorph

Message # 53 | 10:55 PM
ConstantineP, you cannot do that mass mail dispatch is volunteerly , your users can choose if thy want to get it or not and are dispatched only to the users who have subscribed to it and who have confirmed their emails.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 54 | 9:05 AM
ConstantineP,
Quote (Susmoy)
I think it is maybe some of them are using those Email which are not allowed

All the e-mail providers are allowed. It is just that some send uCoz letters to spam and some (like Yahoo) do not send them at all sometimes.
But these are the problems your subscribed users might face. As to their number - Animorph is right. It is purely voluntarily.
ConstantineP

Message # 55 | 11:14 AM
Quote (Animorph)
ConstantineP, you cannot do that mass mail dispatch is volunteerly , your users can choose if thy want to get it or not and are dispatched only to the users who have subscribed to it and who have confirmed their emails.

Can I have alla those mails some how ? rar or text file. something ? I thought that I can send newsletter to them :/ . That will make my word hard!
Natashko

Message # 56 | 12:10 PM
ConstantineP,
Quote (ConstantineP)
Can I have alla those mails some how ?

It can not be done by means of mass mail dispatch, only manually, if you want.
ConstantineP

Message # 57 | 2:54 PM
Sending email manuall one by one ?
Natashko

Message # 58 | 2:59 PM
ConstantineP, if mass mail dispatch feature (its voluntarily) doesn't satisfy you - you can always do it manually - sending email one by one
ConstantineP

Message # 59 | 4:10 AM
Ok I can say that I am ready to die after this manual-send-system... I am now at 2.200 users ...
Hope

Message # 60 | 10:03 AM
I have registered myself as users but I didn't receive the email notification of mass dispatch either. I didn't set any spam folder in my email account. If there is email notifications, I should have received it.

Also, I can receive notifications of new users, messages posted in forum. I only can't receive notification of private message and mass dispatch.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Mass emailing (sending mass emails to users)
Search: