uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User groups (group colors, how to change a user group)
User groups
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
User Group Colors in Forum

If you use the default CSS (CP -> Customize design -> Style sheet (CSS)), then Administrators are red, Moderators are blue, Checked are green and this is set by the following lines:

Code
/* User Group Marks */
a.groupModer:link,a.groupModer:visited,a.groupModer:hover {color:blue;}
a.groupAdmin:link,a.groupAdmin:visited,a.groupAdmin:hover {color:red;}
a.groupVerify:link,a.groupVerify:visited,a.groupVerify:hover {color:green;}
/* ---------------- */

The Users group is not indicated here and its color is assigned by the first lines of the CSS file, it's the color of the ordinary links on a website. If you want to use your custom color for Users, then add a line for groupUser.

Code
a.groupUser:link,a.groupUser:visited,a.groupUser:hover {color:#A8C9E2;}

A color may be assigned both by an English name and an RGB hex code.

Each newly created group has the designation groupOther1, groupOther2 and so on up to groupOther8, as you can add 8 custom groups.

Code
a.groupOther1:link,a.groupOther1:visited,a.groupOther1:hover {color:Yellow;}
a.groupOther2:link,a.groupOther2:visited,a.groupOther2:hover {color:DarkCyan;}

A group number in this case means the order of adding, and not a group ID.
groupOther1 is the 1st group you create. E.g. uCoz has Users, Administrators, Moderators and Checked as the default groups. If you create a group other than the default groups then this group will be groupOther1.
If you create a second group other than default ones then this group will be groupOther2

Other Color Classes

On the Forum main page:

1. Greetings to our new member - class="lastUserLink" (if it is not assigned, then it has the color of an ordinary link)
2. Happy Birthday! - class="userBirthdayLink" (similarly)
3. Forum moderator - class="forumModer" (similarly)
4. Thread author - class="lastPostUserLink" (similarly)

The same classes as in p. 3 & 4 apply inside the Forum, on pages with sections and forum boards.

On the page with posts:

1. Forum moderator – class="forumModer"
2. User nickname - class="postUser"
3. Group name - class="postUserGroup" - Attention! It’s not a link, but a plain text and the class applies to both words – e.g., group: Moderators.

On the website:

On the website group names are also determined by the classes groupModer, groupAdmin, groupUser etc.

When changing a group color, check whether the page template has the address of the file where you make changes.

The following line must be in the template:

Code
<link type="text/css" rel="StyleSheet" href="http://YOUR_SITE_ADDRESS/_st/my.css" />

Username Colors in Posts

How to display the colors, set for certain groups, in thread posts? Go to Customize Design -> Forum -> Appearance of entries, find this:

Code
<tr><td width="23%" class="postTdTop" align="center"><a class="postUser" href="javascript://" onClick="emoticon('[b]$USERNAME$[/b],');return false;">$USERNAME$</a></td>

and change it for this:

Code
<tr><td width="23%" class="postTdTop" align="center"><a class="postUser$GROUP_ID$" href="javascript://" onClick="emoticon('[b]$USERNAME$[/b],');return false;"><span class="forum_nik$UID$">$USERNAME$</span></a></td>

Save the template, go to Style sheet (CSS), and add the following lines there:

a.postUser1 {color:#000000;} – color of group 1
a.postUser2 {color:#00FF00;} - color of group 2
a.postUser3 {color:#0000FF;} - color of group 3
a.postUser4 {color:#FF0000;} - color of group 4

and so on for each group (if you have more than four groups).

Note: Do not put the text in blue (color of group n)!

Then you can also assign a certain username color to a definite user, just add the following to the CSS:

.forum_nik1 {color:#F6F6F6;} – username color of the user with ID=1
.forum_nik6 {color:#F7F7F7;} - username color of the user with ID=6
.forum_nik7 {color:#F9F9F9;} - username color of the user with ID=7
.forum_nik4 {color:#A6A6A6;} - username color of the user with ID=4

Thus you can assign colors to each group and at the same time assign personal username colors to certain users.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 46 | 8:41 AM
Question: Is it possible to add other effects to names? Like how "font-weight:bold" makes someone's name bold. Is there an italics, underline, strikethrough, etc? If so, what are those codes?
Answer: Yes. Read CSS tutorials, e.g. http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Armaros

Message # 47 | 9:03 AM
gobadgers77, where exactly you want these effects to apply? Don't tell me on "User groups", but where exactly as in at "Who's online" field or at "Forum moderators" field etc?
gobadgers77

Message # 48 | 10:59 PM
Sunny, thanks.

Armaros, everywhere. Posts, Who's Online, Main page. Wherever the username appears, I want it to have that effect.

Armaros

Message # 49 | 6:48 AM
Add font-weight:bold; to User Group lines. Like this:

/* User Group Marks */
a.groupModer:link,a.groupModer:visited,a.groupModer:hover {color:blue;font-weight:bold;}
a.groupAdmin:link,a.groupAdmin:visited,a.groupAdmin:hover {color:orange;font-weight:bold;}
a.groupVerify:link,a.groupVerify:visited,a.groupVerify:hover {color:green;font-weight:bold;}
/* ---------------- */
PurpleBisch

Message # 50 | 4:02 AM
a.postUser1 {color:#000000;} – color of group 1
a.postUser2 {color:#00FF00;} - color of group 2
a.postUser3 {color:#0000FF;} - color of group 3
a.postUser4 {color:#FF0000;} - color of group 4

with those ^ the user number is the CSS ID? and what about moderators and Admin colors? are they automatically added?

Sunny

Message # 51 | 8:49 AM
PurpleBisch, 1,2,3,4 are IDs of user groups.
J-Mod2

Message # 52 | 1:38 AM
Needing help.....

Members of my forum added their b-days and real last names, but most of us decided we didn't want that info on there. Whenever I log into control panel and click on users it is blank. There's nobody showing up and nothing I can do. Also when I try to change a members group, it says I need to log into control panel to do that function, then when I do, again, there are no users listed for me to change/edit.

I need to try to get this resolved and am hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Sunny

Message # 53 | 8:29 AM
J-Mod2, provide your website url and a screenshot of your problem.
J-Mod2

Message # 54 | 8:24 AM
Quote (Sunny)
J-Mod2, provide your website url and a screenshot of your problem.

Well I was finally able to get some functions to work but I still cannot figure out how to remove info in members profile such as their full name/DOB. I'm not sure if I have to or they do but so far none of us know how too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/amber036/IS-1.jpg here is SS link. Not sure how to get it to show up because it says BB code not allowed.

I have edited out the personal info but you can see here what is being shown that I have to get rid of on everyone's profile.

Also, what do I have to do to enable users to be able to use IMG tags to add photos for signatures, or can this be done? Thanks.

Post edited by J-Mod2 - Thursday, 2009-06-04, 8:27 AM
Sunny

Message # 55 | 8:43 AM
J-Mod2, if a user has a uNet profile then you can't edit his personal details, he/she must edit them himself/herself at uNet.com. As for registration IP - it is visible for administrators only, all other users can't see it. E-mail can be also hidden if there is a corresponding item checked when editing profile.

As for signatures: CP -> Users -> User groups -> Edit group properties and permissions -> Allow BB codes in signatures

Sunny

Message # 56 | 9:54 AM
Question: is there a way so that when you click the username you get taken to their profile page? instead of adding it into a new post.
Answer: Go to CP -> Customize Design -> Forum -> Appearance of entries. Find the following:
Code
<a class="postUser" href="javascript://" onClick="emoticon('[b]$USERNAME$[/b],');return false;">$USERNAME$</a>
and change it into:
Code
<a class="postUser" href="$PROFILE_URL$">$USERNAME$</a>

PurpleBisch

Message # 57 | 9:07 PM
Hello, the user group colors appear on the main page but wont appear on the forums.

My site

This is in Style Sheets (CSS)

Code
/* User Group Marks */
a.groupModer:link,a.groupModer:visited,a.groupModer:hover {color:#7D2252;}
a.groupAdmin:link,a.groupAdmin:visited,a.groupAdmin:hover {color:#FF0000;}
a.groupVerify:link,a.groupVerify:visited,a.groupVerify:hover {color:#99CCFF;}
a.groupOther2:link,a.groupOther2:visited,a.groupOther2:hover {color:#FFFFFF;}
a.groupOther3:link,a.groupOther3:visited,a.groupOther3:hover {color:#7E2217;}      
a.groupOther4:link,a.groupOther4:visited,a.groupOther4:hover {color:#F52887;}      
a.groupOther5:link,a.groupOther5:visited,a.groupOther5:hover {color:#FFFFFF;}      
a.groupOther6:link,a.groupOther6:visited,a.groupOther6:hover {color:#41A317;}      
a.groupOther7:link,a.groupOther7:visited,a.groupOther7:hover {color:#EAC117;}      
a.groupOther8:link,a.groupOther8:visited,a.groupOther8:hover {color:#FFFFFF;}
a.groupOther9:link,a.groupOther9:visited,a.groupOther9:hover {color:#9E7BFF;}      
a.groupOther10:link,a.groupOther10:visited,a.groupOther10:hover {color:#5CB3FF;}      
/* ---------------- */

a.postUser8 {color:#F52887;}      
a.postUser10 {color:#41A317;}      
a.postUser11 {color:#EAC117;}      
a.postUser7 {color:#7E2217;}      
a.postUser3 {color:#7D2252;}      
a.postUser14 {color:#5CB3FF;}      
a.postUser13 {color:#9E7BFF;}      
a.postUser4 {color:#FF0000;}      
a.postUser9 {color:#FFFFFF;}      
Sunny

Message # 58 | 9:14 AM
PurpleBisch, move the following part

Code
a.postUser8 {color:#F52887;}      
a.postUser10 {color:#41A317;}      
a.postUser11 {color:#EAC117;}      
a.postUser7 {color:#7E2217;}      
a.postUser3 {color:#7D2252;}      
a.postUser14 {color:#5CB3FF;}      
a.postUser13 {color:#9E7BFF;}      
a.postUser4 {color:#FF0000;}      
a.postUser9 {color:#FFFFFF;}  

under /* Posts View */ -> .postUser {font-weight:bold;}

Altric

Message # 59 | 11:51 PM
This is the code i have right now.
Code

/* User Group Marks */
a.groupModer:link,a.groupModer:visited,a.groupModer:hover {color:Green;}
a.groupAdmin:link,a.groupAdmin:visited,a.groupAdmin:hover {color:Red;}
a.groupVerify:link,a.groupVerify:visited,a.groupVerify:hover {color:#99CCFF;}
/* ---------------- */

But i've made a few more user groups and i wanted to give them there own color, i don't know how to do this and i'm not so skilled with CSS. I was afraid i would mess something up. If anyone can help me or teach me how to add a new user group to it i would greatly appreciate it.

"When you get frustrated, Just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."
~ Altric
..::Jack's Blog::..
Armaros

Message # 60 | 4:27 PM
You read bad. Read whole post. It's clearly written.

a.groupOther1:link,a.groupOther1:visited,a.groupOther1:hover {color:Yellow;}
a.groupOther2:link,a.groupOther2:visited,a.groupOther2:hover {color:DarkCyan;}

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User groups (group colors, how to change a user group)
Search: