uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Smiley's (Forum animation, smiley FAQ ...)
Smiley's
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:37 PM
Frequently Asked Questions

Is it possible to change the smileys near the reply form for my own, in order not to go to the full list of smileys?
- No, those are standard emoticons, they cannot be changed.

May I add my own smileys?
- Yes, you may. Create a sml folder in File Manager and upload there your smileys. Only .gif format is accepted, number of smileys is 100. Standard smileys will remain, new smileys will be added to them.

How can I remove smileys from the list of All smileys?
- Forbid users to use smileys (see the permissions of the user groups).

Why are there no 3D smileys in the default sets?
- There are. Pay more attention to the list.

Is it possible to remove standard smileys?
- No.

Is it possible to write added smileys as tags, e.g. ":twisted:"?
- No.

Will the smileys from the folders sml2, sml3 work?
- No.

How can I add my own smileys to the standard collection?
- Use Smileys editor.

I’ve added 16 own smileys. But when I want to change them they remain the same. What should I do?
- You can't edit smileys. You should remove them and add new.

Is it possible to automatically substitute smileys, after they have been updated, in all written posts ?
- No.

Is it possible to limit the use of smileys in posts?
- No. You can only forbid using them at all.

How to create a custom set of smileys

An illustrated tutorial: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/49-15242-1

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
lightness

Message # 16 | 2:43 PM
Can i ask here something? i hope you don't mind if i didn't make a new thread for it.

Well i have this problem with smileys i got every smiley twice in the list of All Smileys.You can see it here for your self.

See there's every smiley twice (i didn't take a picture of all smileys but you can see an example).I got all these smileys in the File Manager and in the Smileys Editor only once.Can you guys please help me? cry

[I'm new in ucoz so don't yell at me if i do something wrong..]
Please forgive me Aramos if im getting on your nerves or im too newbi for you..
finally!..(lol i couldnt say it to you before, because you closed all my threads..
Jaffakeksi

Message # 17 | 7:17 PM
Quote (Eckho)
Go To Control Panel -> Forum -> common Settings -> Set of smileys " Custom Set "

Sorry for being newb, but I can't find such a thing as "common settings" from Forum part of the control panel. Any hints where it could possibly be?

Armaros

Message # 18 | 10:02 PM
Quote (Jaffakeksi)
Sorry for being newb, but I can't find such a thing as "common settings" from Forum part of the control panel. Any hints where it could possibly be?
Control Panel -> Settings (Top Bar) -> Common Settings -> Smileys set.
Jaffakeksi

Message # 19 | 12:39 PM
mmkay... Why does it say "Your custom set of smileys is empty." every time I choose custom set, even when I've added a smiley that is a gif to the sml folder and from there added it to the smiley editor?

E: Already figured that out. But I have another question. If I want to add smileys to already existing smiley set, how can I choose which set I want to add it to? When I added the smiley to smiley editor it automatically went to every set, and I want only add it to standard (dark background) set.

E2: And also, when I want to use the smiley in a message, I click the smiley and instead of the code it appears like this: [img] link [/img]
The code that I want the smiley to have doesen't work. Any help?

Added (2009-04-19, 6:39 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Can anybody help?

Post edited by Jaffakeksi - Saturday, 2009-04-18, 5:16 PM
Armaros

Message # 20 | 1:12 PM
Jaffakeksi, did you use 'Smileys editor'? It creates a new smiley set and isn't adding anything to other set. It appears normal as in :name: without [img] link [/img].
Jaffakeksi

Message # 21 | 6:07 PM
Yes, but when I choose "custom set" from common settings, it says that my custom set of smilies is empty.
Oh, and does that mean, that I don't have to use smiley editor to add smilies to a set that already exists?

Added (2009-04-19, 11:55 Am)
And how do I add smileys to a set that already exists?

Added (2009-04-19, 12:07 Pm)
Anybody?

Armaros

Message # 22 | 10:26 PM
If you want smiley's to have code not [img]link[/img] use Smileys editor and re-add all smiley's you need. If you don't want to re-add all smiley's then use sml folder but then you'll have [img]link[/img]. Choice.
Jaffakeksi

Message # 23 | 7:57 PM
I used smiley's editor, but there was no new set of smilies. The smilies I added went to every one of the existing sets. When I choose "custom set" from common settings, it says that my custom set of smilies is empty.
Post edited by Jaffakeksi - Monday, 2009-04-20, 7:59 PM
lightness

Message # 24 | 3:26 PM
Anyone knows the answer to my question? cry
Id be really glad if i could fix it..

[I'm new in ucoz so don't yell at me if i do something wrong..]
Please forgive me Aramos if im getting on your nerves or im too newbi for you..
finally!..(lol i couldnt say it to you before, because you closed all my threads..
Sunny

Message # 25 | 10:44 AM
lightness, that's because you added smileys to Smiley editor from the "sml" folder. If you create a custom set you must give any other name to the folder but not "sml".
Armaros

Message # 26 | 10:56 AM
lightness, I can't follow everything... Didn't notice posts.
Jaffakeksi

Message # 27 | 6:43 PM
How can't my smileys be working? I uploaded them to file manager to a folder that is NOT called sml. Then I go to smiley editor and add the smiley there. Then I go to common settings and choose custom set, but I still get a message that says that my custom set of smilies is empty! What am I supposed to do to make the smileys work?
Post edited by Jaffakeksi - Thursday, 2009-04-23, 6:44 PM
Armaros

Message # 28 | 8:58 AM
Jaffakeksi, you come yelling when you can't read yourself properly?
Sorry, but I wont face such an attitude. Hope someone else will help you.
Sunny

Message # 29 | 9:49 AM
Jaffakeksi, what's your website url?
Jaffakeksi

Message # 30 | 3:48 PM
Sunny: http://aliens-exist.ucoz.com/

Aros, yelling? How is it possible to yell here? I did what people told me to do.

Post edited by Jaffakeksi - Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 3:48 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Smiley's (Forum animation, smiley FAQ ...)
Search: