uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Addition and management of entries (problems with adding new entry, order, sticky news, sorting)
Addition and management of entries
spproject

Message # 1 | 6:28 PM
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, and I have a quick question to fix a problem on my site. Unfortunately, I was editing the news page and I deleted the link to adding a news entry because I didn't wasn't normal users adding news and messing it all up. However now I realize it was quite stupid because now I as the admin have no way of adding news entries, because I deleted the link for it. Any help?
Post edited by spproject - Sunday, 2008-08-03, 6:37 PM
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 2 | 5:37 AM
spproject,

Control panel - Site News - [ Add new entry ]

spproject

Message # 3 | 3:50 PM
Haha ok i see, thanks for the help wink
ebby

Message # 4 | 4:14 PM
I have a custom-design website...but whenever I'm logged in as administrator, I click on the [add new entry] button and all it shows up is a blank page. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Eckho

Message # 5 | 4:14 PM
ADD THIS IN YOUR HOME PAGE

Code

<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><div align="right" style="padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add entry</a> ]</div><?endif?>$LAST_NEWS$
Latvija

Message # 6 | 4:15 PM
Quote (Eckho)
ADD THIS IN YOUR HOME PAGE

Code

CONTROL PANEL >>>> Page Editor >> Pages management >>> main page >>( Edit information]

Code
<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><div align="right" style="padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add entry</a> ]</div><?endif?>$LAST_NEWS$

>>> Visual HTML editor > Code and save!

ON :). :)
george914

Message # 7 | 4:15 PM
the site news doesnt come up when i post news,
and when i put the code $LAST_NEWS$ on the HTML visual editor, the news comes up on every page :S
can somebody help me please!! smile
thanks

Beamish
Kron_old

Message # 8 | 4:15 PM
restore Site pages Template

add $LAST_NEWS$ code to Main page (edit main page content).

be more attentive and read all texts in CP.

george914

Message # 9 | 4:15 PM
ahh i figured it out now,
dm thanks anyway

and whats CP? lol

Beamish
Sunny

Message # 10 | 4:15 PM
george914, CP - Control Panel
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
illuminaut

Message # 11 | 5:32 PM
Is it possible to perform an action when a new blog or news post is submitted? I'd like to do things like ping blog catalogs to update their feed, email the post to someone, etc. Basically, these are things that cannot be done in JavaScript, so is there another way?
Sunny

Message # 12 | 9:40 AM
illuminaut, you may use informer to display new blog entries or posts on the main page.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
illuminaut

Message # 13 | 3:53 PM
Informers don't help me as they can only display things. I need to do two things when a new post is added: 1) send an email with the complete post (not the standard ucoz "new material added" mail), and 2) send a ping to technorati that the blog has been updated.
Can this be done?
SirFur

Message # 14 | 0:03 AM
Hi there - two questions in one here.

Firstly, was wondering if its possible to create a 'sticky' on the main page - which is also my site news - that stays there and is not affected by new news entries, which then go below this option ie can I create a 'textbox' maybe using html, above the news sections, that I can use as a welcome message for all visitors.

In addition, I'm trying to arrange new news entries in the order they were posted - ie the first one is at the top and the latest ones come below these ones. I have tried both the descending and ascending options - and deleted the posts and reposted after each change, but to avail. Any one know if this is even possible and if so how should I go about it.

Thanks in advance for your help! biggrin

Added (2008-08-19, 6:03 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Hello again - I think I've manged to work out how to set a main message that is separate from the news section. However, I still cannot figure out how to change it to ascending order in terms of date added. The option in CP doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks again smile

Life is a Gift: Use it Wisely
Kron_old

Message # 15 | 10:06 AM
Quote (SirFur)
In addition, I'm trying to arrange new news entries in the order they were posted - ie the first one is at the top and the latest ones come below these ones.

you must switch on function that allows to mark entry "Always on top" (in bottom of News module settings).
Quote (SirFur)
can I create a 'textbox' maybe using html, above the news sections, that I can use as a welcome message for all visitors.

of course you can... you must edit the content of main page and before code $LAST_NEWS$ add any textbox you want with any design.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Addition and management of entries (problems with adding new entry, order, sticky news, sorting)
Search: