uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:39 PM

We've been preparing the changes in our pricing and plans for several months, and today we are ready to announce them.

Starting from September (approximately September 22) we introduce new prices and add new options to the packages, such as:

• additional storage in the plans;
  • a minimum package for "light" websites;
  • a business package for the owners of online shops;
  • increased security (basic and premium antiviruses);
  • automatic backups;
  • free premium templates.

We've always been the most inexpensive website builder, and if we take into account the features uCoz offers — the most functional as well. And we still want to keep the title, so the prices remain affordable.

We understand that many of our premium users have already purchased the existing packages or were counting on the existing prices.
We will continue to provide all purchased services for their original prices. Besides, the current plans can still be acquired until the new plans have been introduced. Afterwards only the new plans and prices will be available.

Want to switch to the new plans?
The previously purchased plans can be cancelled at any time — you will have the funds returned to your website’s account and will be able to select and buy a new plan.

We gave a lot of thought to the new plans before introducing them, but it is likely that we will continue to fine-tune them, adjusting and extending more options for the premium users into the future.

Our goal is to make the plans clear and useful; to remove the options most users don't need from the plans, and make them available for purchase as separate services. That can be done only through active communication with the users, so we will be very glad to receive your comments and suggestions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Urs

Message # 76 | 12:42 PM
Quote Paradox ()
Urs, from what I can determine you should receive a new coupon if the plan expires completely.

I agree. This is the way it should work. But i need someone who knows for sure to confirm it.

Also, will the new SEO module allow to set titles and meta descriptions for every single page without using conditional operators in 'site pages' like we do now ?

And Optimal plan still says : uCoz's Copyright -> can be chosen ( http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ )
Since, nobody will chose to keep it this is very confusing.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Raver

Message # 77 | 1:58 PM
Urs, you will receive the coupon code only once, even though you will allow the plan to expire completely. The code is given per website, once, similarly on how the gift domains are offered.

Yes, it will allow, but most certainly within the Premium Settings, while the module will look slightly different for the non-RU localizations.

Regarding the option "uCoz's Copyright -> can be chosen" on the tarrifs http://tariffs.ucoz.com, it means that you have the freedom to keep or remove ucoz's copyright from your website. In case of the other Packages, where it is said "Can be removed", it means that the copyright will be removed automatically.
Urs

Message # 78 | 2:48 PM
Quote Raver ()
Yes, it will allow, but most certainly within the Premium Settings, while the module will look slightly different for the non-RU localizations.

It may look different but will it have the same features ? In the end it's just a translation.
If i change the Control panel to RU will i benefit from the extra functions of the non-Ru localization ?

Quote Raver ()
Regarding the option "uCoz's Copyright -> can be chosen" on the tarrifs http://tariffs.ucoz.com, it means that you have the freedom to keep or remove ucoz's copyright from your website. In case of the other Packages, where it is said "Can be removed", it means that the copyright will be removed automatically.

Will i be able to remove it for free if i chose optimal or will i have to pay something extra ?

If someone buys a package between 6 to 24 months the total price for the purchase is actually going down by -10% -20% -30% or you get some pseudo credits for future purchases ?

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Monday, 2014-10-20, 2:49 PM
Raver

Message # 79 | 6:31 PM
Urs, as you maye know, the most popular search engine in the russian speaking markets is Yandex, therefore, the SEO Module is tailored towards the peculiarities of the Russian Search engines. Given this, the SEO module for the other languages, will be slightly different. If you will change the CP language into Russian, you might need to change the website's language as well (or create one with Russian being its language), in order to fully use the SEO Module in Russian.

Regarding the discounts, for example, if you purchase an Optimal package which costs 7.99$/month, for 24 months, the amount to be payed would be 134.23$, from 191.76$, which translates into a 30% discount!
Mar1aN

Message # 80 | 10:59 PM
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 81 | 0:33 AM
Mar1aN, buy the maximal package. It's $15.99 per month.
Sunny

Message # 82 | 11:12 AM
Mar1aN, you can buy it as an additional option to any new pricing plan after you purchase one.
Davor24

Message # 83 | 5:11 PM
Is there any way for me to disable antivirus feature in optimal package?

I have buy it for 2 month but it make big problem whit advertising (company advertisers) on my site. No regular AV has reported any problem but uCoz antivirus gives warnings to my users.

If it is not possible is there any option to cancel my 2 month optimal package and buy separate services?
Sunny

Message # 84 | 8:25 AM
Davor24, please provide a screenshot of the warning.
Vorpal

Message # 85 | 11:03 PM
Quote Davor24 ()
Is there any way for me to disable antivirus feature in optimal package?

I have buy it for 2 month but it make big problem whit advertising (company advertisers) on my site. No regular AV has reported any problem but uCoz antivirus gives warnings to my users.

If it is not possible is there any option to cancel my 2 month optimal package and buy separate services?

This problem should have been avoided a long time ago when they designed the antivirus. They should have given option to disable it or some of its functions.
Mar1aN

Message # 86 | 2:31 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Mar1aN, you can buy it as an additional option to any new pricing plan after you purchase one.

Can you please tell me how to activate PHP? I have a BASIC plan activated.

Sunny

Message # 87 | 4:29 PM
Mar1aN, additional options can be purchased only on the same day as the plan (this is because they must have the same expiration date). When you purchase a plan, you will see a link to buy additional options. It is displayed for about a day.
Mar1aN

Message # 88 | 0:05 AM
Urs

Message # 89 | 0:01 AM
Quote Sunny ()
Mar1aN, additional options can be purchased only on the same day as the plan (this is because they must have the same expiration date). When you purchase a plan, you will see a link to buy additional options. It is displayed for about a day.

Hello Sunny,

1. Can you tell us what are the additional options and their prices ?

2. If someone buys Optimal, Shop or Maximal packages now, will they get the pro version of the SEO module when it is released ?

3. There are some things that need to be cleared out like Maximal package in Control Panel doesn't mention PHP at all. Also there is no mention about uCoz's Copyright removal. You said the Optimal package removes the uCoz's Copyright right ? ( you should include more info from http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ to the CP )

4. What is the difference between antivirus pro and basic ?

5. If you buy Optimal package and you don't buy the shop module the same day for example you need to wait until your package expires and then try again ?

6. What does Mobile Version mean (basic PDA vs mobile template ). This is different from the meaning of responsive templates. How will a site look with basic PDA vs mobile template on a given site ? How it will behave if the site has a responsive template already installed ? Will you have to select show site in PDA version in order to activate it ? Will it work when the resolution of the device is below a certain point ?

7. Can the E-shop module be used with other services other than 2Checkout.com integration in the E-shop module ? http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/40-18754-1

8. If any of the premium services (seo/e-shop) expires the changes will not be deleted but you will simply no longer be able to edit / delete or add stuff correct ?

For example will someone be able to buy from an e-shop in this case ?

Another question, for example after using / applying the 20 personal templates in order to use titles and meta descriptions i had to start using conditional operators for the rest of the pages instead of the default titles/meta descriptions. (what other solution is there ?). So in case the SEO module expires and there are conditional operators or personal templates that dictate otherwise and a person will no longer be able to edit / delete or add stuff how are these three things going to work together ? (won't they go into conflict with one another?)

Thank you for the clarifications !

Thassos Island Portal :
Sunny

Message # 90 | 2:57 PM
Quote Urs ()
1. Can you tell us what are the additional options and their prices ?

The additional options are Removal of ads in CP ($1/mo), E-shop ($3.99/mo), PHP ($1.99/mo), Removal of the copyright ($4.99/month). And their availability will depend on the chosen plan, e.g. the Maximal plan includes all of them, so no additional options will be available, while all of them will be available in the Minimal and Basic plans.

Quote Urs ()
2. If someone buys Optimal, Shop or Maximal packages now, will they get the pro version of the SEO module when it is released ?

The final version of the EN module version is still to be approved, so I'm unable to answer this question at the moment.

Quote Urs ()
3. There are some things that need to be cleared out like Maximal package in Control Panel doesn't mention PHP at all. Also there is no mention about uCoz's Copyright removal. You said the Optimal package removes the uCoz's Copyright right ? ( you should include more info from http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ to the CP )

Yes, the Optimal plan removes the copyright. The descriptions at http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ are more detailed, you can rely on them.

Quote Urs ()
4. What is the difference between antivirus pro and basic ?

The pro antivirus checks all files when they are uploaded (both File Manager and entries), the basic one works in the background.

Quote Urs ()
5. If you buy Optimal package and you don't buy the shop module the same day for example you need to wait until your package expires and then try again ?

If you buy the plan for more than a month, you will be able to buy the shop each month on the same date you purchased the plan. You can also cancel the plan if you do not want to wait, and then buy it once again with the shop this time.

Quote Urs ()
6. What does Mobile Version mean (basic PDA vs mobile template ). This is different from the meaning of responsive templates. How will a site look with basic PDA vs mobile template on a given site ? How it will behave if the site has a responsive template already installed ? Will you have to select show site in PDA version in order to activate it ? Will it work when the resolution of the device is below a certain point ?

The mobile version basically means that you get a responsive template from ucoztemplates.com, and it's up to you whether you will use it or not (in case you already have a responsive template on your website).

Quote Urs ()
7. Can the E-shop module be used with other services other than 2Checkout.com integration in the E-shop module ? http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/40-18754-1

Yes, there are other options, e.g. PayPal, but some of them are country-specific. Do you have any specific services in mind?

Quote Urs ()
8. If any of the premium services (seo/e-shop) expires the changes will not be deleted but you will simply no longer be able to edit / delete or add stuff correct ?

No, the changes are not deleted, the modules are simply not active.

Quote Urs ()
For example will someone be able to buy from an e-shop in this case ?

No, it won't be possible to buy from the shop till the payment is renewed.

Quote Urs ()
Another question, for example after using / applying the 20 personal templates in order to use titles and meta descriptions i had to start using conditional operators for the rest of the pages instead of the default titles/meta descriptions. (what other solution is there ?). So in case the SEO module expires and there are conditional operators or personal templates that dictate otherwise and a person will no longer be able to edit / delete or add stuff how are these three things going to work together ? (won't they go into conflict with one another?)

Let's discuss the SEO module when it is released.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Search: