uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Module Release (Update 2-2016)
SEO Module Release
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:45 PM

No doubt, the SEO Module is one of the most desired and long-awaited updates, and we are happy to finally announce its release! The module's main goal is to help you optimize and promote your website.
It is possible to optimize a website manually, and our advanced users know how to do it, however, it's surely much easier if this process is automated and requires no more than ticking a checkbox or filling out a field. With the launch of the module, website owners can generate custom URLs, easily set up meta tags, and use 301 redirects within a website.

Features

SEO Module in an uninstallable module that is activated automatically on all websites. It has two versions: Free and PRO. Premium users with the enabled Optimal, Shop or Maximal plans get the full PRO version (as long as the plan is active). Free users and users with the Minimal or Basic plans get the limited Free version.

The module has three sections: Premium settings, Redirects, and Yandex Services.

Premium Settings

The tools in this section will help you do the following:
  • Use custom meta tags Title, Description, Keywords for modules, categories, and posts (new variables are introduced for this purpose: $SEO_TITLE$, $SEO_DESCRIPTION$, $SEO_KEYWORDS$).

• Set custom URLs for modules, categories, and posts — now you can not only choose URLs for posts, but also change the default module URLs: /blog, /news, and so on.

• Edit the robots.txt file directly in the Control Panel.

• Set priorities for pages with the rel="canonical" attribute — this will allow to remove duplicate content from search results.

The described features are quite resource-intensive, that's why they are only available in the PRO versions of the module.

Note: currently custom URLs, Title, Description, Keywords are only available in the content modules: Page Editor (index), Site News (news), Publisher (publ), File Catalog (load), Site Catalog (dir), Blog (blog), Online Games (stuff), Photo Albums (photo), Ad Board (board).

Redirects

It often happens that the URL of a post changes, or a page is deleted completely. As a result you may need to set up a redirect that will help to transfer traffic from the old page to a new one, as well as merge the two URLs (which will preserve their search engine rankings).

That's where the Redirects section comes to the rescue as it will help you to set a 301 redirect from one page to another. The maximum number of redirects is unlimited in the PRO version, and 5 in the Free version.

Note: only internal redirects within your website are allowed.

The Yandex Services section is currently under development.
The SEO Module FAQ will be available soon at http://faq.ucoz.com

If you notice any bugs or errors, please report them here.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Urs

Message # 16 | 2:38 PM
Quote Sunny ()
3. Could you describe your steps in more detail? Which meta tags and on which page you added?

The SEO Module does not work !

Example page :

http://thassos.ucoz.com/etasmag

Title, Description, Keywords does not work.
Custom URLs works.

Added (2016-04-07, 2:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Do i have to use in site pages this :
Code

<title>$SEO_TITLE$</title>
<meta name="description" content="$SEO_DESCRIPTION$">
<meta name="keywords" content="$SEO_KEYWORDS$">

??? in order for it to work ?

Keep in mind that most don't have this in site pages and so the SEO module won't work for them. Maybe put it in a FAQ.

Quote Sunny ()
1. Both sets of meta tags will be displayed, i.e. they will be duplicated.

The browser will read the first one, and if that one is empty it will ignore the second. Don't know what crawlers will do.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Thursday, 2016-04-07, 2:43 PM
Sunny

Message # 17 | 6:45 AM
Quote Urs ()
Do i have to use in site pages this :

$SEO_TITLE$

??? in order for it to work ?

Keep in mind that most don't have this in site pages and so the SEO module won't work for them. Maybe put it in a FAQ.

That's right, you need to add the $CODES$ to the templates for the entered meta tags to be displayed. This will be included into the FAQ together with a guide on how to add the $CODES$.

classic007

Message # 18 | 8:04 AM
cool update... thank you mods and admin.. may god bless us all.. more power to uCoz... cool
check my page at Geeks
My webpage
with uCoz since 2008
Bibo

Message # 19 | 6:22 PM
thanx
www.dzknow.com :)
VZ

Message # 20 | 10:01 PM
Serves no purpose in free mode.
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Mar1aN

Message # 21 | 12:46 PM
Nice. :)

But what about more server side control? (Databases and PHP) dry

Don't you want medium-experienced developers on uCoz? wink

Urs

Message # 22 | 2:56 PM
The problem with custom URL is that links mow, if the URL is changed, are no longer redirected like the index pages before them.

This can lead to loss of page rank.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 23 | 3:06 PM
Urs, you can use the "Redirects" feature of the SEO module for this purpose.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
ugdrey

Message # 24 | 12:27 PM
Sunny

Message # 25 | 1:09 PM
ugdrey, the Free version of the module is available for free users.
ugdrey

Message # 26 | 6:48 PM
Quote Sunny ()
ugdrey, the Free version of the module is available for free users.

how to use for free user setting ??

Good

Message # 27 | 5:54 AM
Currently, free version can use redirect feature only but it limits the number of redirect link as I know.

http://yourdomain.ucoz.com/panel/?a=seo;l=redirects
Post edited by Good - Thursday, 2016-04-21, 5:55 AM
Sunny

Message # 28 | 11:50 AM
Yes, the number of redirects in the free version is 5.
IMB4

Message # 29 | 8:39 PM
TITLE, DESCRIPTION, KEYWORDS and CUSTOM URLS Would be free for all people who payed "basic" or other package. I think that are basic tools for webmasters (NOT PREMIUM). However, I think that is not aceptable that webmaster can not edit urls from "example.com/photo/bla_bla_23_1000" to "example.com/photo/bla-bla-23-1000".

After 6 years in uCoz I am somewhat disappointed with the service ...
1 - Facebook penalizes uCoz websites
2 - uCoz pages can not be customized (URLS) and Google "penalizes" too.
3 - Basic Tools are not free or not with basic package.
4 - Pay Services increased considerably (>$)

It is an opinion and simply want to present my point of view. I have always been with uCoz and I would like to remain.
Sunny

Message # 30 | 1:48 PM
IMB4, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Quote IMB4 ()
Facebook penalizes uCoz websites

Facebook penalizes uCoz domains because of users who use our service to create illegal websites, including phishing websites directed at Facebook users, even though we delete such websites as soon as we find them. In any case, this issue is easily resolved by connecting a custom domain to your website. Having a custom domain is strongly recommended if you are serious about your website, whether you use uCoz or another service.

Quote IMB4 ()
uCoz pages can not be customized (URLS) and Google "penalizes" too.

It's not really an obstacle for successful website promotion. Even without the SEO module the URLs can be customized to certain extent.

Quote IMB4 ()
Basic Tools are not free or not with basic package.

The premium settings of the SEO Module aren't available in all plans because they require considerable resources to work.

Quote IMB4 ()
Pay Services increased considerably (>$)

We kept our prices unchanged for a long time, as long as it was possible. We have our expenses as a business, which also increase over time, that's why we had to reconsider our prices. Given the features uCoz provides, we believe current prices are reasonable.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Module Release (Update 2-2016)
Search: