• Page 1 of 9
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Disk space
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:51 AM
Question-answer

What is disk space used/spent on?

On news, photos, articles, files, database, posts… in short on everything that is on a website.

Is disk space spent on users’' avatars?

If they upload their own avatars then it is spent, if they use avatars from the default sets then no.

Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months… What will happen after the period expires

You won’t be able to add a byte. Even forum posts or comments.

Yesterday I had 77% of disk space used, today - 111%. I didn’t upload anything. How can it be so?

The disk space is recounted not immediately but within 12 hours. You overloaded your site yesterday, and the disk space was recounted today. You can always contact the Technical Support if you are sure that neither you nor your site users have uploaded anything to the site.

What is a payment period?

This is a monthly fee: you'll be able to use a definite service only during the period for which you have paid.

If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb
"+10000" - 464 Mb

But this applies to FTP uploading only. The maximum file size for uploading via File Manager will remain the same - 15 Mb.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Meddy

Message # 2 | 9:34 PM
Question: I just managed to attach my site www.dj-umaki.com to my Ucoz www.umaki.do.am. I bought the hosting plan with an unlimited hosting space. Now, is there a way through which I can merge that hosting space with this site?
Answer: Well... if you have managed to attach the domain you can create subdomains and attach them to the unlimited hosting. This will be a kind of merging.

jejeroy

Message # 3 | 9:27 PM
Hello Ucoz!
I am the owner of www.vertex.clan.su OriaX_ . My site is very popular and I would like to increase my disk space to +400MB. But I have two questions:
1st) Will I be able to have more than 75,000 characters in my template.
2nd) What other possibilities will I have?
3rd) Can i do my payment with paypal?

Looking forward for your reply,

Oriax

jackass

Message # 4 | 11:57 PM
I'm not admin, but I wanna to answer your question smile

Quote (jejeroy)
1st) Will I be able to have more than 75,000 characters in my template.

It does not affect this!
Quote (jejeroy)
2nd) What other possibilities will I have?

I guess nothing, except memory
Quote (jejeroy)
3rd) Can i do my payment with paypal?

Yes, but it was for UK, but I'm not sure

Is it correct? cool

I really don't know 100%, just want to help smile

Post edited by jackass - Monday, 2009-01-19, 11:59 PM
Sunny

Message # 5 | 8:37 AM
jackass is right about the 1st question.

2) The max file size for uploading will also increase

3) All available payment methods are in CP -> $

Armaros

Message # 6 | 7:37 AM
Question: Why you don’t have paypal ? Personally its what I use and what 90% of the people will want to use for pay.
Answer: uCoz methods do include PayPal! After clicking on "Pay for Services" select "Credit card (USD)". Follow what it asks & it will redirect you to 2checkout.com where you will be able to select "PayPal" method to pay.
Post edited by Armaros - Friday, 2009-01-23, 6:10 PM
Ar7

Message # 7 | 7:03 PM
I tried to read all your posts but i am not able to understand something. Suppose i buy 400 mb disk space for one month today (feb 2 2009) {i already have 300 mb}, and use all of it {700 mb} by march 2 2009, what will be my account status on march 2 2009. Will i have 0mb left or will i have - 400mb {which may lead to a ban} . Please explain.
Pilot

Message # 8 | 7:16 PM
Well, your disk size will increase by that time (depending from your website stats/hits).
Sunny

Message # 9 | 9:15 AM
Quote (Ar7)
and use all of it {700 mb} by march 2 2009, what will be my account status on march 2 2009

Your disk space will be 300 Mb + increase for this month. You won't be able to add anything to your website, not even a single comment. You will have to either prolong the payment for the next month or delete all extra files.

Ar7

Message # 10 | 2:01 PM
Quote (Sunny)
You disk space will be 300 Mb + increase for this month. You won't be able to add anything to your website, not even a single comment. You will have to either prolong the payment for the next month or delete all extra files.

Thanks. So as i see it there is no use of making a short term purchase then.
Armaros

Message # 11 | 7:27 PM
Question: This info from FAQ
How many Mbytes of disk space do you give?
We give unlimited disk space for free. Immediately after registration you get 300 Mb of disk space, but the longer you stay with us, the greater amount of Mb is automatically added.

I dont understand: first it says unlimited and then its limeted to 300mb. Can somebody explain it to me????

I have Available disk space 318 Mb (333507301 bytes). When I click on (333507301 bytes), I get this message:

Disk space is increasing with every minute of site existence. The more visitors your site has, the faster disk space is increasing.

Disk space is unlimited

If disk space is unlimited, why I cannot add a single thing to my web.

Answer: It's unlimited because it increases all the time.
Rezwan73

Message # 12 | 5:40 PM
Sunny, Hello, I have a question. If i bought space from another hosting site then how to add it or use it with ucoz??

Please tell me, i need it. I like this ucoz very much but it's space is so small. It must be ninimum 1GB in present days.
thanks.

Ar7

Message # 13 | 8:33 AM
Quote (Rezwan73)
Hello, I have a question. If i bought space from another hosting site then how to add it or use it with ucoz??
Please tell me, i need it.

You can't add disk space purchased from another hosting to ucoz. However you can use your space purchased from another hosting if you are ready to spend some more time. You can store large files in your other hosting space and hotlink them. Images, flash and videos can also be made to play directly if you know the code.
In fact you need not buy space from another service at all as there are so many free file hosting services out there. Adrive offers 50 Gb free. Skydrive offers 25 Gb free. Humyo offers 10 Gb free and they even allow embedding of your video files in your site. None of them have a bandwidth limit and they are reliable services too. In fact skydrive is provided by microsoft. You can save space by storing huge files in these services and using up ucoz space only on articles, posts and database.
Quote (Rezwan73)
I like this ucoz very much but it's space is so small. It must be ninimum 1GB in present days.
thanks.

You get close to 100 Gb by signing up to the services mentioned above. However i too wish ucoz increases minimum disk space to 1 Gb as disk space costs nothing these days.
Post edited by Ar7 - Friday, 2009-03-13, 8:40 AM
Help

Message # 14 | 10:01 PM
Ok , i purchased more diskspace so i could upload a 18mb file. I searched and sunny said that if you bought more disk space it would make it higher. it hasnt changed. What do i do.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 9:04 AM
Help, how did you try to upload files? The max. file size increases for uploading via FTP only, for File Manager it will remain 15 Mb.
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search: