• Page 1 of 8
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Password (forgot password, restore password, change password)
Password
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:56 AM
  • How can I change the Control Panel password?

Control Panel -> Security -> Change account password.

• I just created a site and don’t know how to run this site. I can log in to admin panel but cannot log in to forum with same password?

Control Panel password and site (forum) password are DIFFERENT. You had to choose two different passwords while registration. If you don't remember the password to the site just create a new user-administrator via Control Panel.

• How can I reset my ftp password since I have forgotten it?

Change it via Control Panel -> Security

• The link "Lost password" in login form is not working... when you put your login or user name in it and press enter you will see a red cross as you see when you enter a wrong password. What to do?

1. Passwords can't be sent to administrators and moderators. If you want to change administrator's password you can create another user-administrator and change the password by means of this second account.
    2. Red cross means that the e-mail is not confirmed and reminding password is impossible with unconfirmed email.

• I forgot control panel password and can’t get it because haven’t confirmed e-mail yet, I’m administrator on the site and people are speaking there, need help...

The system warned you to remember the password and to confirm your e-mail. Contact Technical Support.

• Somehow my password to control panel is not working. After trying several times, apparently my ip add is temp blocked. How long do I have to wait to try again? Thanks,

Not too long ..about an hour

• How can I change user name and password to control panel

You can change only password. Go to Control Panel - Security - Change account password.

• If the users forgot their password how can I send them their password? They use "Lost password" they got message like this: "passwords of administrators and moderators cannot be sent automatically".

You should change the lost password yourself and then send it to the user.

• I forgot my CP password. How can I recover my password?

When you get to ucoz.com there were you type your login and password under there is "Lost Password" click on it, then it’ll ask you to type in your username and it will send you to your e-mail your account details.

• Ok as you know all admins login to admin panel with same user name and password. How do I make it so admins use they own login and password to access the admin panel and myself have the only root access

It`s impossible.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
  • RotL

Message # 2 | 10:56 AM
    Okay, heres the problem...My PC crashed and I had all the info saved on it because I thought it would be fine but I was wrong apparently. So I lost everything on it and now i'm on a new one. I can still login to the control panel with the original password and username I created when I first made the site but you know the 2nd and 3rd passwords it had asked us to place on the FTP and ADMIN sections after creating the site a few steps later and closer to the finish of it. I hope you guys know what i'm talking about. Those are the ones that I can't seem to remember at all. Cus I can't login into the Main Site Page like I was able to do before as i'm certain i'm using the correct username but it's telling me I'm using the wrong main page login and when I click on FORGOT PASSWORD it pops up with enter USERNAME and I put in the right username but it says it's wrong too and I know it's right except for the password that I was imputting before that so it won't even let me reset it or something. Is there a way to reset that part or would it be easier to just register a new login for the Main Site and make the account an Admin to be able to do what I was doing on the Main Site and such? Someone help me and please tell me what would be best for me to do?
    ocam

Message # 3 | 10:56 AM
    PLZ READ THE ALL THING

If u can log in to cp? u will be able to do the following!

make sure ur web is the right 1!

And if it is right... than make sure ur account name is correct

And if it is correct... try forgot password!

if that still doesnt work?... Register new account (on ur website) and make that account admin!

your future question
    RotL, but will i still be the main admin of my website!

YES, there is no difference (being admin of website) cp is the main thing!
    if not clear, if i register on ur web and u make me admin, i will be able to do the exact things u can do on ur website!
    but as long as ur the only 1 who knows cp password? u are the main admin!

your future question
    RotL, how do i make the new account in to admin?

am guessing u know it, u have mentioned it! but still here it is tongue

Go to cp (and follow the image)! new account usually appears in user section, so click on the number of users!
    like i have shown in the image (round circle red color) and make him admin as i showed!

and log in with the new user account (that u made admin)

Post edited by ocam - Monday, 2009-02-09, 11:58 AM
    Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:56 AM
    "Lost password" doesn't work for administrators and moderators (for the reasons of safety). So, RotL, you should create a new administrator's account (as ocam wrote). Then you can either use this account, OR, if you want to use your previous one, log in with second account and change the password for the first one (via profile).

FTP password can be changed in CP -> Security -> Change FTP password.

joeyw517

Message # 5 | 9:15 PM
    Is it possible for different Admins to use different passwords to access the Control Panel? And is it possible for Admins to access only certain sections of the Control Panel?
    jackass

Message # 6 | 9:16 PM
    No, this is not possible
    magnificul

Message # 7 | 4:14 PM
    The account pass is same with the administrators pass?PLS HELP ME!!!
    Armaros

Message # 8 | 5:08 PM
    The CP pass should be same as administrators.
    Sunny

Message # 9 | 8:40 AM
    Armaros, yes but only if a website was created before the update.

magnificul, if you created your website recently, your administrators password is the same as uNet password, and your CP (account) password is the same as Webtop password. CP password can be changed in CP -> Security -> Change account password.

fakeros

Message # 10 | 3:49 PM
    sunny can we also able to change unet password?
    I m back on track...
    Sunny

Message # 11 | 8:05 AM
    U -> Settings -> Profile settings -> Security
    Condorn1

Message # 12 | 8:06 AM
    How can I off security of my website. Every 10 minute later cp asks for password?
    Igor-Sousa

Message # 13 | 9:00 AM
    Quote (Condorn1)
    How can I off security of my website. Every 10 minute later cp asks for password?
    Control Painel > Security > Security settings > Session timeout

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Post edited by Igor-Sousa - Monday, 2009-08-10, 10:20 AM
    BouRn3

Message # 14 | 11:02 PM
    how to give back my password ? dry

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9889/ddddddddddp.png

Renatus

Message # 15 | 11:30 PM
    BouRn3, from what I see you have a uNet login, you password is the same as you Administrative password on uNet. If you don't remembet that go to uNet and press the Remind password button and work from there.

Oh I forgot this is customizing the Deisgn how?

Post edited by jevajev - Friday, 2009-08-21, 11:35 PM
    uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Password (forgot password, restore password, change password)
    • Page 1 of 8
    • »
    Search: