uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Kron_old

Message # 2 | 10:17 AM
Do you know that...

- Informer outputs ONLY the information, available for GUESTS!

- Informers (as well as RSS-import and Tag Board) work so that not to create additional load on the server, the data are cached and refreshed after a time or at some changes on the site.

- An informer, displayed by means of JavaScript, forms a link depending of the way it is inserted - with www or without www, with uCoz domain or with own domain. An informer, displayed by means of $code$, forms a link depending on the way one has entered the page - with www or without www, with uCoz domain or with own domain.

- Informers can be also inserted into global blocks. Moreover, they can be inserted into other sites (by means of JavaScript, which you’ll get by clicking on the name of the informer)!

- Maximal number of informers is 30.

jupeto

Message # 3 | 9:44 PM
I just noticed about using informers to show the last uploaded file in my main page, that the only first 12 categories are showing up in my main page

here's my file catalog structure

EQUIPMENT SPRITE DOWNLOAD
|_ Headgear Sprites
|_ Weapon Sprites
|_ Shield Sprites
|_ Garment Sprites
|_ Footgear Sprites
|_ Accessory Sprites
|_ Other Gear Sprites
MONSTER SPRITE DOWNLOAD
|_ Custom Monster Sprites
|_ Custom Pet Sprites
JOB SPRITE DOWNLOAD
|_ Male Job Sprites
|_ Female Job Sprites
MISC CUSTOM DOWNLOAD
|_ Custom Bitmaps, Textures, Auras
|_ Custom Palettes
|_ Sound Enhancements
|_ Custom Head Sprites
|_ Custom NPC Sprites

I can only see Headgear upto Custom Bitmaps category in my main page. The rest are not showing. But I can upload files to all those categories.

Here's the screenshot of my file catalog entries. Look at the date... the look at the frontpage of my site.

Check my website, click the first link in my signature. http://artworx-enhance.ucoz.com

Hope you'll understand what I mean.

Thanks,

-Jup

Post edited by jupeto - Thursday, 2008-07-03, 10:09 PM
Kron_old

Message # 4 | 9:44 AM
jupeto, informers displays only materials which are allowed for Guest!
jupeto

Message # 5 | 8:58 PM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:31 AM
jupeto, it means that if entries of those categories are not available for guests, then the informer won't display them.
Swiftblade

Message # 7 | 11:33 PM
Hi, when using the template for the informer and linking it to my forum post, how can I do it so that it posts my message as well as topic title? What's the tag for the message because $MESSAGE$ does not work.
Kron_old

Message # 8 | 2:28 PM
Quote (Swiftblade)
Hi, when using the template for the informer and linking it to my forum post, how can I do it so that it posts my message as well as topic title?

posts message may be really long, that's why we didn't do the opportunity to use $MESSAGE$ code in Informer template.
pishin

Message # 9 | 10:18 AM
I can change color of informers [color of font] ?
I come from VietNamese. Sorry about my English
Welcome to my forum
Kron_old

Message # 10 | 10:19 AM
Quote (pishin)
I can change color of informers [color of font] ?

yes you can.... informers have templates, where you can configure its style.
catslove

Message # 11 | 7:10 PM
i got the code but i dont know where to put it in the HTML text
can u help me?
Where to put it exactly ? In the user login page? And where in the html?
jackass

Message # 12 | 8:12 AM
When informers will be possible to create more than 30?
Sunny

Message # 13 | 10:09 AM
catslove, you can put it wherever you want. If you want it to be displayed on the main page - go to Page Editor - Pages management - Main (edit information).

jackass, there is no sense in using so many informers.

Archii

Message # 14 | 4:02 PM
Hi! smile
I wanted to make an informer for the File Catalog. In the beginning was okey ,but later the informer doesnt inform at all.
I tried to make another informer and its not working too. sad
Help please!
Thanks!

Sorry for my english.Im from Europe.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 4:30 PM
Have you changed group permissions? Informer informs only about entries available for Guests.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: