• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Comments are deleting
Comments are deleting
Berckley

Message # 1 | 2:32 PM
Comments on my site (in Site Catalog) are deleting every day. There are many comments but next day I see it's only 6. Can you help me? sad
Good

Message # 2 | 11:01 AM
Did you check the user right permission? If you allow user to delete their own comment?

Go to ACP > Security > Action log > a.log > Checking who deletes it.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 12:52 PM
Berckley, uCoz has an automatic system that removes spam comments, so this could be the reason. If normal comments are being deleted as well, please provide the following info:
- the address of your website,
- an example of such comment,
- the time when it was posted and deleted.

And as Good suggested, check also the permissions of your user groups and make sure that the comments are not deleted by moderators, for example.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 3:35 PM
Sunny, I have the same problem, and the comments does not containing spam.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 5 | 8:47 AM
bigblog, then please provide the info requested above.
Berckley

Message # 6 | 7:30 PM
Sunny, My site is private and I'm using it for saving my info in Web. I'm only one who comments it and it's some infos in my mother language - Georgian, maybe it's the reason why they're deleting? Is this possible for uCoz to delete comments because it's in Georgian alphabet and uCoz thinks it's spam?

BTW, Can i turn off that automatical system?
Sunny

Message # 7 | 9:44 AM
Quote Berckley ()
My site is private and I'm using it for saving my info in Web

You can send the data in a private message.

Quote Berckley ()
Is this possible for uCoz to delete comments because it's in Georgian alphabet

No, comments can't be deleted because of the language they are written in. There are other criteria.

Quote Berckley ()
Can i turn off that automatical system?

No, you can't. And we cannot even be 100% sure the comments were deleted by the system till you provide the requested data.

Berckley

Message # 8 | 10:36 AM
Sunny, Now I remember, every comment I'm writing is starting with "in TV Show (2 series)..." - maybe ucoz thinks it's spam?
Sunny

Message # 9 | 2:39 PM
Berckley, I'm unable to check anything if you hardly provide any data. I need the website address and the dates when the comments were posted/deleted. You can send the info to me in a private message.
Fermi

Message # 10 | 10:45 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Berckley, uCoz has an automatic system that removes spam comments, so this could be the reason. If normal comments are being deleted as well, please provide the following info:
- the address of your website,
- an example of such comment,
- the time when it was posted and deleted.

And as Good suggested, check also the permissions of your user groups and make sure that the comments are not deleted by moderators, for example.

It seems that a user at my site got 71 comments deleted. I had to activate the 2 last comments that he made http://summerglauwiki.com/index/34-276
I checked the activity log and no moderator or admin at my site have been deleting comments.
Good

Message # 11 | 1:14 AM
Fermi, you are correct.

I have found out that my entry has been reached to 4000 comments. Currently, it has only around 3600 comments in 3 weeks. I think it has been deleted by someway that I could not find the reason. smile
Sunny

Message # 12 | 1:33 PM
Fermi, Good, if normal comments are being deleted by the anti-spam filter, please provide examples of such comments.
Fermi

Message # 13 | 7:56 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Fermi, Good, if normal comments are being deleted by the anti-spam filter, please provide examples of such comments.

Every time when this user makes a new comment, it becomes inactive and a moderator need activate comment.

Why? I want my friend to be able to make comments without being pre-moderated.

I cannot provide examples of deleted comments because they are gone. But I am sure that he did not leave any comments that would be considered as spam.
Is it possible to retrieve the deleted comments?
Is it possible to turn this spam-filter of?

Only registered and approved users can make comments at my site. I only want moderators to be able to delete users comments.
Attachments: 2973615.png (21.6 Kb)
Post edited by Fermi - Monday, 2014-08-18, 8:00 PM
Sunny

Message # 14 | 11:19 AM
Fermi, to disable automatic pre-moderation, you can set one of the following options in Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permissions for all groups:

Disable automatic spam check of posts - will not check posts by the selected groups for spam.
Mark posts as not spam automatically - will automatically mark posts of the selected groups as not spam.

The system spam filter that deletes spam comments cannot be disabled. It trains itself on the basis of spam/not-spam options that you can see near the comments.

For us to be able to restore normal comments that were deleted by mistake you need to provide the following info:
- usernames of the users whose comments were deleted;
- dates when they were deleted;
- where they were deleted from: Guestbook, comments under posts.

Fermi

Message # 15 | 6:27 PM
Quote Sunny ()
For us to be able to restore normal comments that were deleted by mistake you need to provide the following info:
- usernames of the users whose comments were deleted;
- dates when they were deleted;
- where they were deleted from: Guestbook, comments under posts.

The user got all the comments he ever made on the site deleted. I asked him for more information about his previous comments and got this answer:
For the record, I have noticed that 73 comments I have made are now gone. I don't know exactly when my comments got erased, but I am trying to recollect where I have posted them. I'll get back to you as soon as I retrace my steps.

I notice that the comments he made that I activated before posting in this thread already are gone. Yesterday the comments was visible I even marked those comments as not spam.

The username is MattM link to profile page: http://summerglauwiki.com/index/8-276
Last comments that got deleted was today 2014-08-19 and those comments was made under news and videos
Video comment: http://summerglauwiki.com/index/8-276
MattM posted a comment after riversfeet saying that Summer got engage and chrisdvanne is answering that comment.
He also posted a comment here: http://summerglauwiki.com/news....-11-700
Post edited by Fermi - Tuesday, 2014-08-19, 6:40 PM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Comments are deleting
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: