Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Security code (captcha)
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:36 PM
The security code is a part of the uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may click on the code itself and it will refresh. Click it till you see the characters clear enough to type them in.

There are three types of the security code (captcha):
  • Standard - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, simple enough for the human eye.
  • Complicated - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, complicated for the human eye.
  • Simple - reliable enough, can be discerned automatically, simple for the human eye.

If you notice spam on your website when using the simple captcha, enable the complicated captcha.

To change its type go to: Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Type of security code (captcha).

Select the necessary type and click Save.

It is possible to remove the security code for certain groups. To disable the security code go to Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permission for all groups-> Other -> No security code required

Select the necessary groups and click Save.

It is not possible to disable the captcha for the following groups: Guests, Users, Blocked.
For Users the security code can be disabled only on Forum and Tag Board. To disable the code on Tag Board, go to Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module settings -> Use security code for "Users" group.

It is not possible to disable the captcha in comments and private messages.

The standard captcha in not case sensitive, it does not matter where you type the capitalized captcha letters in CAPS or not.
Xayaan

Message # 91 | 3:46 PM
Try refreshing the CAPTCHA and trying a easier one. Be careful and type the words according to the CAPTCHA , ie : Type it according to what is written on the CAPTCHA.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
ShinzuiUindo

Message # 92 | 4:27 PM
I do, here is an example:
Xayaan

Message # 93 | 4:36 PM
ShinzuiUindo, Okay, It looks like to me that their is a problem with the CAPTCHA in your control panel. Contact the support team via this link -> http://www.ucoz.com/contact Since you can't access CP you can't reach technical support team. But use that Contact us form instead. And Mention the link to your website and your webtop link along with the problem.
ShinzuiUindo

Message # 94 | 4:59 PM
Getting offtopic, but the form in the link also requires a security code and I have the same situation as accessing my CP. So it looks like it doesn't matter if it's my website or not. Also when I log in to ucoz.net it doesn.t detect that I have a website at all. I am posting here because I couldn't PM you for the same reason.
Xayaan

Message # 95 | 5:17 PM
ShinzuiUindo, Please clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. See if it helps.
ShinzuiUindo

Message # 96 | 9:14 PM
Doesn't work by clearing cache, but did work from another browser. Looks like this is a known issue and there is no fix yet.
Xayaan

Message # 97 | 6:29 AM
What browser did you use before and from which browser is the CAPTCHA working now on ?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 98 | 6:51 AM
ShinzuiUindo, clear your browser cache & cookies as Xayaan has previous stated and keep on trying. The captcha does have its moments however as far as I am aware there have been no reported bugs with it at the moment.

The captcha is not case sensitive btw. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
ShinzuiUindo

Message # 99 | 6:14 PM
Didn't work on Chrome, I accessed it from Firefox, changed the captcha to complicated, because bots are bypassing the standard one. Now I can access it from Chrome too without clearing anything.
Davor24

Message # 100 | 4:53 PM
Can uCoz introduce some new version of captcha code because this no longer can stop bots from registering?

Last few days many ucoz sites ( i have notice 3-4 ) have big problem with auto bot registration, in the past complicated captcha have solve this problem but it have no effect now. smile
Sunny

Message # 101 | 3:22 PM
Davor24, websites with local users? I can't promise that we'll change the captcha soon, but I can suggest the following: increase the number of required fields in the registration form,and make e-mail confirmation required.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Davor24

Message # 102 | 3:46 PM
Sunny, yes with local users, i will try to increase the number of required fields for registration but i don't think it will work because i have already put almost all the fields and they fill them with some fake info. I can't make e-mail confirmation required because it will affect my real users who have not confirmed e-mail.

Also i noticed a few more ucoz sites ( 5-6 in total ) who have this problem, it's seam that captcha does not work anymore.
Post edited by Davor24 - Monday, 2014-03-24, 3:51 PM
IGC_D34TH

Message # 103 | 9:44 AM
i have my website set up to allow local users rather the UID users. however, upon signing up on the website, the member clicks "ENTER" they are brought directly back to the registration page with "incorrect security code". the problem is, there are no captcha showing up to be entered. If the captcha doesnt even show up how is someone to enter it? what must i do to correct this?

www.individualgamers.com
Post edited by IGC_D34TH - Tuesday, 2014-03-25, 9:52 AM
Sunny

Message # 104 | 11:25 AM
IGC_D34TH, at the moment the uID form is used on your website. If you enable the local form again, we will be able to check.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
IGC_D34TH

Message # 105 | 7:05 PM
sunny, i have it switched back over now.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Search: