• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Type of AD on free hosting
Type of AD on free hosting
ehhe

Message # 1 | 6:09 PM
Welcome!

1. On server 58 in Hungary the only type of ad is a HUGE floating box on left or right side of page. This is really annoying for my users and this is hide my page content. When i select the another one type of ad this is not saved and always see a HUGE box... This is really bad. No other free web services use this type of ad because this is BAD.

2. No solution for pay only for NO ADS. Why?

Sorry for my english...
Ken_D

Message # 2 | 7:56 AM
ehhe, if you have enough users for your site, why don't you just pay for the basic plan? It's only 6$ per month and it ain't that much..
ehhe

Message # 3 | 10:50 AM
My site is small without profit. But with this huge annoying ad not possible to grow.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 12:28 PM
ehhe, I'm afraid the only way to remove the ad is to upgrade to a paid plan. Often you need to invest somethings before gaining any profit.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
LinearMan

Message # 5 | 3:53 PM
I sympathise with ehhe, because the advert he objects to (and the advert I object to) is one that blocks part of the screen until the user notices the almost invisible "close" bar.
The issue is not an advertisement on a free website IN ITSELF, but the fact it stays on the screen when you scroll down the page. Other websites with adverts are designed so that the adverts move up as you scroll down the page.
Surely ucoz can rectify its design so that adverts move with the page, as they do on other sites?
Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:45 AM
LinearMan, I'm afraid I can't promise you we'll do this.
LinearMan

Message # 7 | 3:35 PM
Sunny,
Does your reply mean ucoz thinks my request is unreasonable or does it mean ucoz doesn't have the expertise to scroll the advert with the page (as happens with other websites hosting adverts)?
LinearMan
ehhe

Message # 8 | 11:15 AM
Quote Sunny ()
ehhe, I'm afraid the only way to remove the ad is to upgrade to a paid plan. Often you need to invest somethings before gaining any profit.

I pay 3 years for premium but now i'm run out of money. The site changed to free and my users leave my site because this type of UCOZ ad. This is a problem!

The most used resolution worldwide is 1366x768: http://gs.statcounter.com/#resolution-ww-monthly-201412-201505

In this resolution my users UNABLE to login and search content because HIDE the ucoz ad. I know i able to edit the template and move this things to another area of page but this is INSANE.
Post edited by ehhe - Monday, 2016-08-01, 11:56 AM
Sunny

Message # 9 | 2:17 PM
LinearMan, uCoz reserves the right to display the ads in the form we deem appropriate. If you would like to have the ads displayed differently, I'm afraid the only way is to get rid of them by upgrading to a paid plan.

ehhe, unfortunately I can't help you here. Only two options are possible - a free website with an ad, or a paid website with no ads.
However, please provide also a screenshot of the ad - if you mean the pop-up ad displayed in the center, it can be removed for free.

LinearMan

Message # 10 | 4:35 PM
I do not mind a free website with an ad, but I am convinced that it should be possible to link the ad to the header so that it is a fixed part of the page not a fixed part of the screen. Other sites with ads enable the ads to scroll up as you go down the page. Take Yahoo, for example. Advertisers won't mind, (a) because they are used to their ads scrolling up with the page on other sites, and (b) they want to inform potential customers, not annoy them.
It is all very well to say "uCoz reserves the right to display the ads in the form we deem appropriate", but why is it not appropriate to go for best practice as other websites do?
babytiler10

Message # 11 | 3:33 PM
Please #Sunny, help #Ehhe with some codes that can make him feel better, at least moving the ads to another place will make him feel satisfied.
B.T.E
Sunny

Message # 12 | 5:08 PM
babytiler10, the uCoz ads cannot be moved to another place. I'm still waiting for a screenshot from ehhe to see how exactly the ad looks on the website.
LinearMan

Message # 13 | 3:09 PM
Here is a screenshot, as requested. I will send another message showing the screen when I scroll down.
Notice how inconspicuous the "close" button is.
LinearMan
Attachments: 8792452.jpg (158.2 Kb)
LinearMan

Message # 14 | 3:11 PM
Here is the same page scrolled down a bit. The advert has not moved up with the header as I believe it should.
LinearMan
Attachments: 4384532.jpg (170.2 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 15 | 4:40 PM
LinearMan, I understand your concerns but I'm afraid the ad will stay as it is for now.
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Type of AD on free hosting
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: