Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Global Blocks (tutorial and FAQ)
Global Blocks
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:04 PM
Global blocks are blocks available in all templates of your website. By means of global blocks you can optimize the design of your website, having splitted it into common parts. With the help of common blocks you can update the design on the whole website by means of editing only one block template.

Where to create a global block in the Control Panel:

Go to Customize Design -> Global blocks.

Click New block.

Enter a block name (let it be LINKS in our case) and click Add.

A block name must contain only uppercase Latin letters, max length is 10 characters. This name will serve as the $code$ of the given global block in templates.

A new block will be added to the list. In our case it is $GLOBAL_LINKS$.

Go to Control Panel -> Customize Design and find the block template on the list of templates under Global blocks.

Add any code you need to the template, save it, and paste its $code$ (e.g. $GLOBAL_LINKS$) into the templates where you want it to be displayed.

Max number of global blocks is 10, including the 4 default blocks ($GLOBAL_AHEADER$, $GLOBAL_BFOOTER$, $GLOBAL_CLEFTER$, $GLOBAL_DRIGHTER$). The number of default blocks differs in different designs, some templates have only 3.

Note: If you are going to edit templates you must have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.

Question-Answer

How can I add a global block in a global block?

You can't... we don't support global blocks nesting.

I've noticed the global block $GLOBAL_SOANDSO$ will not run inside the $CONTENT$ area.
Correct me if am wrong!

You are right. Global blocks work in templates only

Just 10 global blocks?

10 is the limit, you can't create more global blocks.
Attachments: 1514136.png (26.8 Kb) · 8639095.png (22.1 Kb) · 7644645.png (25.3 Kb) · 4539422.png (26.7 Kb) · 3073300.png (25.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Heidelbergint

Message # 91 | 0:36 AM
http://heidelbergint.do.am/

guys, look what happend, the page is now under the modul :(what do i have to do to bring it back !?(

Added (2012-03-25, 6:36 PM)
---------------------------------------------
and one more question!
where and how can i change the site ICON !? it is now <U>. i would like to have something other...

Sunny

Message # 92 | 1:25 PM
Heidelbergint, and what have you done to move it where it is now? I would suggest to restore the default template, but you have a custom one, so you need to find where the problem is. You can post on the Users Communication board.

Quote (Heidelbergint)
where and how can i change the site ICON !?

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-6836-1

Heidelbergint

Message # 93 | 4:29 PM
thx smile
donce

Message # 94 | 2:13 PM
I have problem. My site design doesnt have top part of the web site.
Is it possible to make one. I'll trying but aint work.
this is what I done.

<html>
<div id="top">
<table border="0" cellpadding="50" cellspacing="0" width="780" align="top">
<tr><td align="top">$GLOBAL_TOP$</td></tr>

code of the menu(menu is html and css coding) I spent a month to make one, and now I dont have where to put him.

</table>
</div>
</html>

Can somebody help me?

Added (2012-04-19, 8:13 AM)
---------------------------------------------
No need help, I make it

http://filmofil.ucoz.com/
zhucehao

Message # 95 | 3:06 PM
thnaks this helped because i have never really messed with mine due to lack of knowledge ty
AnimationDDD

Message # 96 | 10:32 PM
hi...please help me
i want to change the template on ucoz. i find one that i like..but i don't know what i do wrong
i don't have instructions

should look like that picture: widget in the right of slideshow..and banner below the widget
http://i49.tinypic.com/13z2tsi.png
but on my site:
http://aassdd.ucoz.net/

PS-sorry for my english smile
Post edited by AnimationDDD - Saturday, 2012-05-19, 8:40 AM
Sunny

Message # 97 | 3:33 PM
AnimationDDD, unfortunately we do not provide help with custom templates.
zhy-jones

Message # 98 | 9:44 AM
hi there,

where can i find and edit all the global boxes which aren't showed in the
design management (templates) » Global blocks?
(if it is possible in the first place)

I want to edit the width of the input field of SEARCH, which is loaded in "the first container" by the global block $SEARCH_FORM$

thanks already
Sunny

Message # 99 | 11:01 AM
zhy-jones, all global blocks are shown in Customize Design -> Global blocks. The blocks you mean are not global smile They are side blocks and can be edited via Builder.

As for you problem, you need to replace $SEARCH_FORM$ by the following code:
Code
<div class="searchForm"><form onsubmit="this.sfSbm.disabled=true" method="get" style="margin:0" action="/search/"><div align="center" class="schQuery"><input type="text" name="q" maxlength="30" size="20" class="queryField" /></div><div align="center" class="schBtn"><input type="submit" class="searchSbmFl" name="sfSbm" value="Search" /></div></form></div>
</div>

and here you can edit:
30 — number of characters for the input field;
<input type="text" name="q" maxlength="30" size="20" class="queryField" /> — here you need to add
style="width:780px" before class="queryField" , where 780 — is the size.

zhy-jones

Message # 100 | 2:41 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Hetor, because global blocks are not needed in entry appearance templates. E.g. we have 1000 entries and one single template for all of them - so this template is in fact global. Hope you understand what I mean.

I don't understand why global blocks are not needed in entry appearance.
I've made an global block filled with code that renders social media buttons.
I have placed this code in a global block because I want to add this too 'publish' (main page, artikel page) 'blog' (main page, blog page) in the site bar etc etc.

there properly will be an good reason why this doesn't work, but I preferred it would work
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 101 | 2:43 PM
zhy-jones, essentially this is because $GLOBAL_BLOCK$'s are actually intended to be used as site design components, such as Header, Footer, Sidebar1, Sidebar2, Sub-Footer, Navigation Bar, etc. And not within the actual content output itself. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Elexy

Message # 102 | 7:11 AM
I don't know why, but on some of the sections of the site (except for the Forums section) the secondary global block (the list of stuff to the right side) are not showing on one of my sites. It shows perfectly on the main page, but he second container isn't shown on other sections... How do I fix this issue?
Proud Ucoz Member Since 2013
Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
♥ http://rawtrex.com/ ♥
Post edited by Elexy - Wednesday, 2013-06-05, 7:13 AM
Xayaan

Message # 103 | 8:28 AM
Elexy, Please provide a screenshot.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Elexy

Message # 104 | 8:41 AM
Quote (Xayaan)
Elexy, Please provide a screenshot.

Main Page, Information Section, Contact Us Section, and Webcam Section of the site has the second block intact:
Removed after fix!

But it seems the main parts of the site like the Comic Section and sections not mentioned above, lack the second block. Sample using the Comic Section, the second block to the right isn't showing at all:
Removed after fix!

Note: I also can not add new blocks to the site, I don't know is wrong with it...

Proud Ucoz Member Since 2013
Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
♥ http://rawtrex.com/ ♥
Post edited by Elexy - Wednesday, 2013-06-05, 9:50 AM
Sunny

Message # 105 | 9:10 AM
Elexy, the side block code ($GLOBAL_DRIGHTER$) is missing in the templates of the modules, e.g. in Games it should be pasted between

Code
<td valign="top" class="column">

</td>

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Global Blocks (tutorial and FAQ)
Search: