Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM
Here is short video about this new feature - Builder. Builder allows to easily add/edit blocks on your website and change their display order in visual mode.

By means of this feature you can quickly select content for your blocks - scripts, widgets, menus, video, audio, RSS, HTML code.
This feature is installed by default for all new websites. If your website was created before the global update you can enable Builder in Control Panel -> Common settings -> Use "Builder" for the website design customization.

Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 3888038.png (27.1 Kb) · 7010682.png (55.3 Kb) · 4383780.png (41.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
thevenom

Message # 181 | 11:54 AM
Well, I am using Google Chrome and just tried it on IE, because I don't have other browsers installed, and yes, in IE the problem occurs as well.
2012Titan

Message # 182 | 10:13 AM
Why is builder not available on my administrator bar? sad
I started this about a month ago and need to make changes.... any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 183 | 4:58 PM
2012Titan, you may have disabled the builder in your site settings. If you open Control Panel > Settings > Common Settings and check the box that enables Builder usage for design management it should be there. If not please provide a site URL. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
milenski64

Message # 184 | 10:31 PM
The Builder button is not in the admin bar. I have checked Common Settings, but there is a tick for this option.
This is the URL: http://taralezhite.ucoz.com/
Animorph

Message # 185 | 11:57 PM
Check your user permissions in Control panel
Main » Users » User groups > Other

checkmark these things

Edit site design
Use File Manager
Access to Admin Bar

you can also have problems because of this:

1. IF you have widgets on your website remove them and try again if the builder works.
2. If you have third party scripts on your website remove them because thy might also cause difficulties with the builder.

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Post edited by Animorph - Wednesday, 2014-01-15, 11:58 PM
Sunny

Message # 186 | 9:45 AM
Quote Animorph ()
Check your user permissions in Control panel
Main » Users » User groups > Other

checkmark these things

Edit site design

This one should help.

Sunny

Message # 187 | 12:56 PM
Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 1133616.png (27.1 Kb) · 9263551.png (55.3 Kb) · 0859112.png (41.9 Kb)

QueenMaa

Message # 188 | 6:37 AM
Builder is not showing up anymore. In the control panel I have it checked marked. What can I do to get builder to show up again. Thanks in advance.

Added (2016-01-25, 6:37 AM)
---------------------------------------------
That's okay. I figured it out.

http://moneytobemade.ucoz.com
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Search: