• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » transfer of domain (a question)
transfer of domain
Doomcaster

Message # 1 | 7:56 AM
I have a question that when I have made a site and I submit it to the social bookmarking websites and search engines with the url ".ucoz.com" and then afterwards i buy a domain name, will the name of my website get automatically updated in the search engines and the social bookmarking sites?
If not, then how will I go about it?

Added (2012-11-18, 12:40 PM)
---------------------------------------------
bump...

2.Can i change my domain name I bought if I don't like it or is it permanent?

Added (2012-11-19, 1:56 AM)
3. And what is the difference b/w method 2 and 3 to attach domain? I am not so good in these technical terms so please elaborate. smile

Post edited by Doomcaster - Monday, 2012-11-19, 7:52 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 8:05 AM
Doomcaster, it will be automatically updates upon indexing of the new domain by the search engine - yes.

Once you 'buy' a domain name it is permanent. You can't just transfer the payment to a new domain because you don't like the old one. What you buy is what you're stuck with for however long the payment period is for.

Method 3 is attachment without parking - so if your sites domain is hosted on a remote location you can point it to the site's server and attach it using Method 3. Method 2 allows you to park the domain on the uCoz servers - meaning your domain will be hosted by uCoz on our dedicated domain servers (ns1 & ns2).

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Doomcaster

Message # 3 | 10:48 AM
Not transfer the payment but buy a new one and remove the existing one which was bought.
Post edited by Doomcaster - Monday, 2012-11-19, 10:56 AM
PixelKhaos

Message # 4 | 10:49 AM
Doomcaster, yes, you can attach a new domain, replacing your old one.
Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Doomcaster

Message # 5 | 10:57 AM
1. What about the social bookmarking websites and web directories?

Added (2012-11-19, 4:57 AM)

Quote (Acid)
Doomcaster, yes, you can attach a new domain, replacing your old one.

And how to do so?
PixelKhaos

Message # 6 | 11:20 AM
Doomcaster, about attaching domains http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-1

Search engines should either update, since the search engines index content, and update titles and domains.
I'm not quite sure how searh engines work, but you shouldn't have to do anything.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Sunny

Message # 7 | 1:21 PM
Doomcaster, you don't need to worry about search engines, they will reindex the website. When you attach a domain, there is a server redirect set for it, and all old links are 'glued' to the new domain. However the links themselves will remain as they were submitted to directories etc.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » transfer of domain (a question)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: