uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
MyanmarWebDev

Message # 631 | 10:40 AM
I use method 3 to use uCoz site with Sub Domain. When I attach domain, I got following message -
"Specified domain name gives an incorrect IP address. ()"
Sunny

Message # 632 | 11:57 AM
MyanmarWebDev, please make sure you specified the correct IP address. Provide the website address where you want to attach the domain, and the website address, where you created the subdomain.
MyanmarWebDev

Message # 633 | 5:25 AM
View the following image. I set A Records for my sub-domain.

And I insert "name.domain.com" into it.

Result is "Specified domain name gives an incorrect IP address. ()"

Added (2012-02-27, 11:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Can anyone help me?

Attachments: 5059842.jpg (13.5 Kb) · 2241624.jpg (15.5 Kb)
RuideCarvalho

Message # 634 | 2:15 AM
Can I retire the site rating of my Contact Us panel?
How can do so?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 635 | 3:33 AM
MyanmarWebDev, the IP-Address of s52 has recently been changed to solve access problems for US users with AT&T. The new IP-Address of s52 is now 193.109.247.162. wink

RuideCarvalho, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. What rating are you talking about and are you discussing the control panel or contact us page?

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
SaadAhmedDar

Message # 636 | 8:20 AM
can someone please set up .tk domain on my site i'm a newbie and dont know much about these things
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 637 | 8:22 AM
SaadAhmedDar, we are unable to do that for you here. We also advise against allowing any other user into your Control Panel no matter how well you know them.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 638 | 9:54 AM
SaadAhmedDar, just follow the guide on the first page of this thread. If you have any difficulties - contact Tech. Support via your Control Panel -> Help.
Sunny

Message # 639 | 1:48 PM
The IP address of Server 57 has been changed to prevent access issues. Please note that the new IP address for Server 57 is 193.109.247.157

Those users, whose websites are located on the mentioned server and whose domain names are attached by Method 3, should change the A-Record in their domain control panel.

Your website will then be available under the attached domain name once the domain data has successfully updated.

pow

Message # 640 | 8:26 AM
Hi i want to buy 12m and get domain as free gift however i want to use subdomain for my minecraft server its possbile to redirect IP to mc server?
Admin on website and pro MC survival server Helikaon
Sunny

Message # 641 | 9:02 AM
pow, yes, it must be possible.
Plantillasw

Message # 642 | 0:00 AM
Friend, I have a problem, you park a domain. Co.cc, and when trying to configure the DNS, I get that is locked. There is another DNS address you can give me. Please.
Hello, I'm a graphic designer emr dustin, I am programmer and diseñor addition of web pages, uCoz chose because of its advantages.
Sunny

Message # 643 | 12:05 PM
Plantillasw, what is the exact error message you see? Please provide a screenshot.
Plantillasw

Message # 644 | 9:04 PM
Sunny, when I try to save the dns, I get this:

Attachments: 2640166.png (27.9 Kb) · 4978174.png (11.6 Kb)

Hello, I'm a graphic designer emr dustin, I am programmer and diseñor addition of web pages, uCoz chose because of its advantages.
Sunny

Message # 645 | 12:23 PM
Plantillasw, I've sent a request to co.cc, let's wait for their reply if any.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: