Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Bug Reporting
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:53 PM
Bug (Software Bug) is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Wikipedia

If you have noticed a bug on your website, in Control Panel etc.:

1. Provide the website address.
2. Provide the server number where your website is located (you can check it in Control Panel -> Top bar -> General -> Server name).
3. Explain how the error appears, what actions lead to it and what error message the system displays.
4. Specify the module where the error takes place.
5. If the error occurs when editing an entry, specify the editing mode (Visual Editor, Pure HTML, BB Codes + HTML).
6. Provide a screenshot of the error if possible.

If you have noticed grammar/spelling mistakes, please post them in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-4537-1

Before you post in this thread, think twice and make sure it is really a bug and not the result of your own actions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 106 | 1:39 PM
Elvalianon, please provide a screenshot of the ads. The video ad can be disabled for free in Control Panel > uCoz ad banner and copyright settings > Do not display video ads:

Elvalianon

Message # 107 | 7:55 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Elvalianon, please provide a screenshot of the ads. The video ad can be disabled for free in Control Panel > uCoz ad banner and copyright settings > Do not display video ads:

Thank you for getting back at me :)

So far I have not experienced the problem myself in chrome, so I cannot show a screenshot. In other browsers it does not appear yet either, but when it does I will update here.

From what I was told by some of our site users with this issue though; is that they either got video advertisement, a website that requires them to sign up and asks for their credit card number and fake virus warnings trying to make them install software (probably being an virus itself). It does not sound safe to say the least.

I will turn off the video ads as you recommended and hope that will resolve part of the issue.

I also want to give a quick side note that our website has been bombarded by botters for the last couple months. All using similar e-mail addresses ending on .top . At first they managed to get on our forum and post 18+ advertisements, but I have changed the settings so they cannot do that anymore, though they continue to sign up by 10 or more every week.
Post edited by Elvalianon - Sunday, 2016-05-29, 7:59 PM
Sunny

Message # 108 | 11:34 AM
Elvalianon, thank you for the feedback. Please ask users to provide a screenshot of the ads that seem unsafe, so that we could look into the issue.

As for spammers, the best solution is to adjust the user group permissions so that they cannot post at all and the posts have to be approved by moderators/administrators.

Elvalianon

Message # 109 | 4:47 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Elvalianon, thank you for the feedback. Please ask users to provide a screenshot of the ads that seem unsafe, so that we could look into the issue.

As for spammers, the best solution is to adjust the user group permissions so that they cannot post at all and the posts have to be approved by moderators/administrators.

Thanks for the advice, I had already changed to settings so they can no longer post smile Will update here if any of the users will screenshot the advertisements.
ucozpp

Message # 110 | 1:45 PM
Security code is not shown up when guest adding an entry.

Please refer to below.

http://nhadat.ucoz.com/stuff/0-0-0-0-1

The security code is at bottom. It was translated to "Mã xác nhận".

Thanks!
Post edited by ucozpp - Friday, 2016-06-03, 1:46 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 111 | 5:32 PM
ucozpp, the issue has been forwarded and it will be fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting!
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
ucozpp

Message # 112 | 4:02 PM
Dear bigblog,

The problem has not been solved yet.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 113 | 4:32 PM
ucozpp, the issue has been fixed on our test servers and will be published in the next update. It will be available very soon!
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Elvalianon

Message # 114 | 8:47 AM
Quote Sunny ()

I've gotten another advertisement report from one of our site users, this time with a screenshot. As you can see the black background with the loading text is stuck underneath the suspicious looking advertisement. The black DIV is supposed to go away when the content behind it finishes loading, but the advertisement prevents this. I guess this could be a coding problem on my part but the advertisement itself is very misleading. Are these normal?
Attachments: 8893670.jpg (27.6 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 115 | 12:14 PM
Elvalianon, I will forward the screenshot of the ad to our ad management team, however except for the content the ad looks pretty normal.
ucozpp

Message # 116 | 0:22 AM
I think this is a bug.

1. Provide the website address.
>>> http://adnet.ucoz.co.uk

2. Provide the server number where your website is located (you can check it in Control Panel -> Top bar -> General -> Server name).
>>> S104

3. Explain how the error appears, what actions lead to it and what error message the system displays.
>>> $CATEGORIES$ code did not work with /board and /dir module

4. Specify the module where the error takes place.
>>> It should be displayed in the right side but it didn't.

5. If the error occurs when editing an entry, specify the editing mode (Visual Editor, Pure HTML, BB Codes + HTML).
>>> No

6. Provide a screenshot of the error if possible.
>>> Please visit the website because you can see Categories works in News module. I already set it display for all modules and for all users.
Sunny

Message # 117 | 12:26 PM
ucozpp, the issue with the entry links was forwarded to the dev team to be fixed.
thichdlcom

Message # 118 | 7:40 AM
Quote Sunny ()
ucozpp, the issue with the entry links was forwarded to the dev team to be fixed.

Dear Sunny,

Could you please help check again? Since the problem is still there.
Sunny

Message # 119 | 2:54 PM
thichdlcom, I will check with the dev team and get back to you.
Sunny

Message # 120 | 2:38 PM
thichdlcom, the techs are currently working on the fix.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Search: