Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Bug Reporting
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:53 PM
Bug (Software Bug) is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Wikipedia

If you have noticed a bug on your website, in Control Panel etc.:

1. Provide the website address.
2. Provide the server number where your website is located (you can check it in Control Panel -> Top bar -> General -> Server name).
3. Explain how the error appears, what actions lead to it and what error message the system displays.
4. Specify the module where the error takes place.
5. If the error occurs when editing an entry, specify the editing mode (Visual Editor, Pure HTML, BB Codes + HTML).
6. Provide a screenshot of the error if possible.

If you have noticed grammar/spelling mistakes, please post them in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-4537-1

Before you post in this thread, think twice and make sure it is really a bug and not the result of your own actions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
ucozpp

Message # 121 | 1:30 PM
Quote Sunny ()
thichdlcom, the techs are currently working on the fix.

Hi Sunny,

Could you please help check again?
Sunny

Message # 122 | 3:30 PM
ucozpp, the fix is currently in testing.
ucozpp

Message # 123 | 0:56 AM
Hi Sunny,

Today, I receive a message from support team that my error has been fixed. After checked, the problem is still there.

No category shows up.
Entry is inaccessible.

Please refer to attached screenshot. Kindly forward to developer team, thank you.

Added (2016-08-13, 0:50 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I have find out the issue of not showing categories in entry:

remove below code in The first container Section

<?if($CATEGORIES$)?>
<?endif?>

I dont know why this code prevent the categories show up in an individual entry.

Added (2016-08-13, 0:56 AM)
---------------------------------------------
For the entry error 404, the problem is because of the categories were created before were gone in the ACP. They are not existed in Category Management. They have been disappeared.

I could not restored it.

Attachments: 4161943.jpg (155.3 Kb) · 2079418.jpg (74.8 Kb)
Post edited by ucozpp - Saturday, 2016-08-13, 0:51 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 124 | 8:23 AM
ucozpp, the Site catalog module is currently not installed on your website.

As for the issue with the categories list, your code looks like this:
Code
<!-- <md4> --><?if($MODULE_ID$=='board' || $MODULE_ID$=='faq' || $MODULE_ID$=='news' || $MODULE_ID$=='publ')?><!-- </md> -->
<div class="sidebox"><div class="sidetitle"><span><!-- <bt> --><!--<s5351>-->Section categories<!--</s>--><!-- </bt> --></span></div>
<div class="inner">
<!-- <bc> -->$CATEGORIES$<!-- </bc> -->
</div>
<div class="clr"></div>
</div>
<!-- <mde> --><?endif?><!-- </mde> -->

so the condition does not include the Site catalog module ($MODULE_ID$=='dir'). The correct code would be:
Code
<!-- <md4> --><?if($MODULE_ID$=='board' || $MODULE_ID$=='faq' || $MODULE_ID$=='news' || $MODULE_ID$=='publ' || $MODULE_ID$='dir')?><!-- </md> -->
<div class="sidebox"><div class="sidetitle"><span><!-- <bt> --><!--<s5351>-->Section categories<!--</s>--><!-- </bt> --></span></div>
<div class="inner">
<!-- <bc> -->$CATEGORIES$<!-- </bc> -->
</div>
<div class="clr"></div>
</div>
<!-- <mde> --><?endif?><!-- </mde> -->

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
animaria2003

Message # 125 | 7:13 PM
I have an issues with my website on lonecode.clan.su Every time I access my website, it has 11 "clan rules" tabs that aren't even listed in my admin control panel under Home>>Page Editor>>Entry Management which will be shown in my screenshots.
Server name: s105
Attachments: 8957816.png (169.6 Kb) · 8940729.png (56.7 Kb)
Post edited by animaria2003 - Monday, 2016-09-12, 7:15 PM
Sunny

Message # 126 | 9:23 PM
animaria2003, you can edit the website menu and remove the unnecessary tabs using Site Menu Builder in Control Panel > Design.
animaria2003

Message # 127 | 8:08 PM
Thanks so much! I see how it works now. biggrin smile
Elvalianon

Message # 128 | 1:33 PM
Hello Ucoz,

I'm back to follow up on my report from a while back on this topic.

I am still getting reports from my website users that they are getting shady advertisements that ask for their credit card details etc before they can sign up to my site. I have no screenshots yet but I will try to provide them if/when I do.

I also keep getting an army of bots trying to sign up to our website. I stopped cleaning out the list of new sign ups 2-3 months ago and here is a evidence of what I have gathered up so far https://youtu.be/yx0SXAIA6Mw It is truly ridiculous. Can't these emails be blocked somehow?
Post edited by Elvalianon - Monday, 2016-09-19, 1:37 PM
Sunny

Message # 129 | 6:11 PM
Quote Elvalianon ()
I am still getting reports from my website users that they are getting shady advertisements that ask for their credit card details etc before they can sign up to my site. I have no screenshots yet but I will try to provide them if/when I do.

Yes, please provide some screenshots with the browser address bar visible on them.

Quote Elvalianon ()
I also keep getting an army of bots trying to sign up to our website. I stopped cleaning out the list of new sign ups 2-3 months ago and here is a evidence of what I have gathered up so far https://youtu.be/yx0SXAIA6Mw It is truly ridiculous. Can't these emails be blocked somehow?

You can block them by moving them to the Blocked group or delete them using the Mass user transfer/removal feature in the Users module, but be careful in order not to delete ordinary users.

Elvalianon

Message # 130 | 9:47 AM
Quote Sunny ()
You can block them by moving them to the Blocked group or delete them using the Mass user transfer/removal feature in the Users module, but be careful in order not to delete ordinary users.

Thank you, the mass transfer/removal worked fine.

Can I block all future .top accounts in general to avoid them from signing up to my site?
Post edited by Elvalianon - Wednesday, 2016-09-21, 9:53 AM
Sunny

Message # 131 | 2:52 PM
Elvalianon, I'm afraid with the standard system tools that's not possible.
Good

Message # 132 | 0:44 AM
Forum design has something wrong @@

Attachments: 6688343.jpg (114.4 Kb)
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 133 | 3:21 AM
Good, thanks for letting us know, bigblog is currently offline, however I've sent him a message so it will be fixed asap. Thanks again for being on the ball, I'll update this response once I've confirmed it's been fixed. cool
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 134 | 8:53 AM
Good, Paradox, some classes have been updated in the CSS. Y'all just need a good ol' CTRL+F5 tongue
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Penthboy

Message # 135 | 10:01 PM
My adsense account shows a red error
Earnings at risk – One or more of your ads.txt files doesn't contain your AdSense publisher ID. Fix this now to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Sites with ads.txt issues
Publisher ID missing from ads.txt files
You need to add your publisher ID to the following ads.txt files:
ucoz.de/ads.txt
ucoz.ro/ads.txt
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Bug Reporting (System Bugs, Errors, Reports)
Search: