About Social Media Publisher
Where can I find the new module?
First of all you need to activate it in the Control Panel of your website:
Where can I connect the necessary social media?
To do this go to the module settings:
The connecting process is quite simple and most accounts will only require for you to be logged in to the necessary social network, so that you don’t have to re-enter your social account username and password. Your profile will be found automatically.
- Automatic posting of entries is done once per 20 minutes. There is a countdown above the entry list that shows time left till the next automatic posting to social media. You can also publish any entry manually and don't wait for its turn.
- At the moment the following social media are available for posting: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr.
- Posting is possible both to groups and public pages: you will be able to select from all pages or groups where are an administrator or have the permissions to post.
- Only one social group can be selected per one module (at this moment there are two of them - Site News and Blog) for posting (in other words it is not possible to publish entries to several groups at once - only one group per one social network).
- If you have some social network connected to your website, but you don't want to publish a certain entry to this network, you don't need to disconnect it in Control Panel; just click the icon of this social network to make it inactive (black & white).
- Repeated posting is not possible; if your post was successfully published, the icon of manual posting will become inactive.
- At the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.