uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
inflam52

Message # 106 | 3:35 PM
I have the settings to not need email verification and I have the users on the local setting so I can keep contact of fans via email. There is no actual error, but I have watched people sign up, I and they do not show as users.

For example, last night

Neil Solomon attempted to register through solmonn@duq.edu but I do not see him as a user.

Kurt

Message # 107 | 3:35 PM
inflam52, what is your website url?
inflam52

Message # 108 | 3:36 PM
http://yesterdayrocks.com

or

http://yesterday.ucoz.com/

Juli

Message # 109 | 3:36 PM
We have tried 3 test registrations using 3 different browsers with both true and fake e-mails, and all of them were successful.

Thus:
* If the version of your browser is less than 8 for Internet Explorer or less than 10.1 for Opera or 3.5 for Firefox - then install a new version, please.

* If everything is ok with the version of your browser - then clear browsers cache data.

* Do not use the services for traffic economy (like Traffic Compressor). These services have plenty of servers and for every other inquiry servers can give out different IP addresses (the least loaded server is selected).

* Troubles with other programs are also possible. For example, firewall can block transfer of big posts. You should try to find the cause of the problem stage by stage (if all previous steps are fulfilled).

HarryPotter

Message # 110 | 3:36 PM
I can make an account on my site like this: Name (space) Name ?
Sunny

Message # 111 | 3:36 PM
HarryPotter, no, it is not possible.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
HarryPotter

Message # 112 | 3:36 PM
ok sad
Sway-Entertainment

Message # 113 | 3:36 PM
I wanted to register with adsense. At that time I did not know that people visiting my site would have to login or register before they would view my written content. I have gone to the site different times and did not have to login (maybe because of my cookies)
I do not want people to login or register unless they want to leave a comment regarding website or blog or forum. New people coming to the site should not be faced with blank content off the bat.

can you help me Please. sad

Sunny

Message # 114 | 3:37 PM
Sway-Entertainment, adjust user group permission in Control Panel -> Users -> User Groups and CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management.
Tiny-T

Message # 115 | 3:37 PM
When someone new signs up on my site, I don't want there account to need a confirmation code or anything, I want them to be able to log on...

How would I do this?

Dartz

Message # 116 | 3:37 PM
If you are using uNet users, it's not possible to disable.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
strads10

Message # 117 | 3:37 PM
Having problems whit people registering on my website..
When ever someone try's to register (after filling everything out) after in the end when he clicks ok he gets the page you have successfully registered an so on. But there is a problem it doesn't show up that he has done so in my control panel, and he cant log in, the first 3 members could but no one else can and everything is fine in the user module settings the Activate "Users" module: is checked ass always...so what happened? and how can i fix it?
Sunny

Message # 118 | 3:37 PM
Quote (strads10)
But there is a problem it doesn't show up that he has done so in my control panel,

Probably you have the uNet registration form. Users register at uNet and they will appear on the list of your website users after their first logging in to the website.

Quote (strads10)
and he cant log in, the first 3 members could but no one else can

Did they confirm their emails? Why cannot they log in? What error message do they see?

strads10

Message # 119 | 3:37 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Did they confirm their emails? Why cannot they log in? What error message do they see?

Yes they did confirm their emails.
They are getting "wrong login or password".
Sunny

Message # 120 | 3:38 PM
strads10, it means that they are typing smth wrong. Create a test account and check it yourself.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: