uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
HeinLay

Message # 121 | 3:38 PM
Someone register in my site.He/she must confirm registration.I don't want he/she to confirm registration.How to make.
uCoz forever user from
Dartz

Message # 122 | 3:38 PM
If you have uNet registration form, then you can't do anything about it.

If you have Local registration form: CP -> Users -> Module Settings.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
HeinLay

Message # 123 | 3:38 PM
Can get Local User with payment?How many?
If i make Local user,can I get registration without confirming.

uCoz forever user from
Sunny

Message # 124 | 3:38 PM
Quote (HeinLay)
Can get Local User with payment?How many?

Any paid package for any period. You can pay only once and you will be considered a premium user till your website exists.

Quote (HeinLay)
If i make Local user,can I get registration without confirming.

Yes.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Aremambois

Message # 125 | 3:38 PM
Helo,
I'm newbie here...
i've a question...about this text..
"Attention! This website is a member of uNet system. We recommend that you sign up to uNet system by means of filling this registration form. It will let you not only log in to all uNet websites (there are 1 000 000 such websites, you can recognize them by the icon in the login form) but also get a number of other capabilities."
in registration page
can i change or remove it?
thanks before...
Sunny

Message # 126 | 3:39 PM
Aremambois, it is uNet registration form, is cannot be edited. You can switch to local registration form that can be edited in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings, but the "Local users" feature is available for premium users only.
Neko

Message # 127 | 3:39 PM
Quote (thapchi)
Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]

May I ask how I do this? I've tried to do it, but I guess I wasn't able to do it right >.<

Sunny

Message # 128 | 3:39 PM
Neko, go to Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> click "edit" near "Users" and disable all permissions for this group. To move a user to another group go to his/her profile or to Control Panel -> Users -> List of users.
alexis

Message # 129 | 3:39 PM
Quote (thapchi)

Guys,How do i move the users to Checked Users????

Sunny

Message # 130 | 3:39 PM
Quote (Sunny)
To move a user to another group go to his/her profile or to Control Panel -> Users -> List of users.

Lykos

Message # 131 | 3:39 PM
I confirmed my email right away when I started my website. HI-Sense kind of requires that users confirm their email, or it should.

I just checked the "Forbid activity of users with unconfirmed email" option. And when I went to post the daily blog entry, it wouldn't let me, and said "You must confirm your email."

I went to click the link again, and it said what I expected "This email has already been confirmed."

So here I am, completely lost. Sadly members are starting to use OTHER peoples' emails to register, mainly mine. And this way they can get onto my website and meander around.

And that's another question. I have their IPs blocked (they hacked many of the games I play on, email, Facebook, oh I'll spare you the list), and yet they can still register? How does this happen?

Sunny

Message # 132 | 3:40 PM
Lykos, are you sure the email account you used to sign up and to post the blog entry are the same? Make sure you did not log in using another account.

Quote (Lykos)
Sadly members are starting to use OTHER peoples' emails to register, mainly mine. And this way they can get onto my website and meander around.

Sorry it is not very clear what you mean. One e-mail can be used to register only once.

Quote (Lykos)
And that's another question. I have their IPs blocked (they hacked many of the games I play on, email, Facebook, oh I'll spare you the list), and yet they can still register? How does this happen?

IP ban forbids activity on a website but I am not sure whether it forbids registration. Besides, are you sure those people don't have dynamic IPs or don't use proxy? Please see the following thread - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/9-2577-1

don_slasher

Message # 133 | 3:40 PM
I wanna know how to condition for the user registration, for example I want people to authorize themselves from 9 to 23 on my website, otherwise nobody will be able to authorize... Can you tell me how to do that?
Sunny

Message # 134 | 3:40 PM
don_slasher, try to use the codes $HOUR$ and $TIME$ to hide the login form when you don't want users to authorize.
ScoobAttack

Message # 135 | 3:40 PM
I read some of the posts in this thread and was able to get some information for my issue but I wanted to check a little further to clarify is possible. What I'm wondering is if there was a way to control registrations a little better, meaning....I don't want just anyone to be able to just register on our site.

Is there a way that I can send them email link to register possibly, or maybe a password?

I did read that I would be able to turn of the log-in/registration I believe and then just manually enter that user into our site which may be the last option if there is no other way to do it. If anyone would be helpful in explaining the ways or options that are available for this I would appreciate it. Thank you for you time.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: