• Page 1 of 8
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User Profiles (Customisation & Editing)
User Profiles
Lurtz

Message # 1 | 3:51 PM
Hello

I have question, because I heard from people and received messages how/where they
can edit their profile. Well, I was surprised --> My profile --> Update Info, I thought all have
this function, but seems only admin site, strange in my opinnion. So my question is where
other people can edit their own profile? Maybe I changed or removed something while editing
site users or site page. Please for explain with screenshot if possible, thank you.
My site background ( design --> Design # 996 ) If url to site need just say.

Waiting for fast response happy

Vanofuture

Message # 2 | 7:24 PM
Lurtz, check on Main » Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permissions

I'm from Russia, sorry for my english.
If I helped you give me a respect.
HAYRENIQWEB

Message # 3 | 0:59 AM
HI EVERYONE. PLEASE HELP ME sad :( sad cry

I GOT THIS MESSEGE IN MY FORUM I CANT SEE USERS PROFILE I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME. I GOT THIS MESSEGE IF YOU CAN PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I FIX IT I WANT TO SEE USERS PROFILE HERE IS THE MESSEGE

If you are the administrator of this project, go to Control Panel and Restore default template for "Profile page".

_ZLoVeЩиЙ_

Message # 4 | 1:23 AM
HAYRENIQWEB, Restore template "User's personal page"
MADMAX

Message # 5 | 12:23 PM
Hi! I have same problem as HAYRENIQWEB: "If you are the administrator of this project, go to Control Panel and Restore default template for Profile page". And I don't have any template for "User's personal page". When I pressed button "Restore default user's personal page" and "Save", my problem didn't solve.

Please help me ...

Kron_old

Message # 6 | 9:32 AM
You have this problem because of old design, which is chosen in Common Settings (choose another design).
Kron_old

Message # 7 | 10:19 AM
Pouter, do something like this

Code
<a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$">Personal page</a>
Kron_old

Message # 8 | 9:12 AM
Pouter, you paste this as a plane text, but you must do it as HTML.
esp-css

Message # 9 | 4:22 PM
How can I change it so that for example instead of asking a user for their "state" they live in, i can ask for their "x fire account"? I tried the quick replacement thing, but it hasnt worked.
Kyoshi

Message # 10 | 4:50 PM
Everytime I, or a user of my site clicks their or other member's profile link it makes the window smaller, then they have to Maximize their window again. Is their a way I can fix this so that when they click on the profile link, it goes straight to the desired profile without the window going small and having to make them maximize their window again?

Help on this topic would be greatly appreciated, the users on my website are getting annoyed with it. If you need to see it yourself, go here: http://demonanime.ucoz.com/

By the way, just note this. In the Control Panel under Users > Module settings where it says 'Open user's personal page:' I have 'In active window' selected, I don't want the link to open up a new window. I just want the profile link to go straight to the desired profile, no hassle, no having to mazimize windows again.

Thanks,
Kyoshi

Armaros

Message # 11 | 5:09 PM
esp-css, well, you can replace one messengers field with Xfire field, but than you would have to remember which one you replaced. For example, no one uses AOL, or you don't need it at all, so, you'll simple rename AOL ID to Xfire ID but code will be $AOL_FL$ (that you'll need to remember). I'll explain it on AOL, but you can do it with ICQ or others as well:

Quote (CP -> Customize Design -> Users registration form:)
<?if($AOL_FL$)?>
<tr id="siM9"><td class="manTd1" id="siM10">$AOL_SIGN$</td><td class="manTd2" id="siM11">$AOL_FL$</td></tr><tr><td height="10" class="manTdSep" colspan="2"><hr class="manHr" /></td></tr>
<?endif?>
Red - Change it to "XFire:"

Quote (CP -> Customize Design -> Personal information editing form:)
<?if($AOL_FL$)?>
<tr id="siM9"><td class="manTd1" id="siM10">$AOL_SIGN$</td><td class="manTd2" id="siM11">$AOL_FL$</td></tr><tr><td height="10" class="manTdSep" colspan="2"><hr class="manHr" /></td></tr>
<?endif?>

Quote (CP -> Customize Design -> User's personal page:)
<?if($_AOL$)?>
<div id="block14" class="udtb"><div class="udtlb">AOL:</div> $_AOL$</div>
<?endif?
Armaros

Message # 12 | 5:16 PM
Kyoshi, CP -> Users -> Module Settings -> Open user's personal page -> In a new window (formatted).

You have selected 'In active window' and that's why it minimizes whole browsers page.
This: 'In a new window (formatted)' will pop-up a new, a small window for user data &
editing it. That's recommended from my side. A separated window is best way, because
you can edit profile or view it & in same time check the site or read forum.

Kyoshi

Message # 13 | 0:00 AM
I've looked around on the uCoz Support Forums and I didn't really find this question, but if I missed it and it has been posted, I'm sorry.

What I want to do is allow my users to put a custom background on their profile. I've been PM'd by them on my site asking me for this, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that at all, really. So I'm asking for help. Any help I get is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kyoshi

Armaros

Message # 14 | 1:51 AM
That's not possible. The bg change would have to save in users acc.
kxcore

Message # 15 | 3:43 AM
i was wondering if there is anyway a user on my site can integrate their own personal touches kind of how myspace has "about me section" and , if possible, if they can put any sort of html in their profile??
cry

when clicking a user's profile i was wondering if you can neutralize the window resizing. wacko

so it would just show in fullscreen and not open in another window cry plz help

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User Profiles (Customisation & Editing)
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search: