uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Sites, inaccessible from the UK
StarLITE

Message # 331 | 8:43 PM
I am having issues too www.techtoxic.com . Extremely slow loading. Can I change server please.
Post edited by StarLITE - Tuesday, 2012-04-17, 8:44 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 332 | 7:03 AM
StarLITE, it is impossible to change your sites server. As to your access problems could you please provide a copy of the tracert results to the server. These will aid in the analysis of the problems you are encountering.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Dave9014

Message # 333 | 6:07 PM
Having big issues here to. Just spent two hours (the image adder is very hit and miss) adding an article to my website (filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk) and after clicking "add" on to get the article on my site has now died.

Any idea what the issues is here? Tried accessing the site on my laptop, PC and PS3 and it won't load anywhere. Not best pleased as I just laid out £20 for the proper domain name and added to my site....

Added (2012-04-22, 12:07 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Finally got this message up after 20 mins:-

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk/

The following error was encountered:

•Connection to 193.109.247.57 Failed
The system returned:

(110) Connection timed outThe remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExGAssass1n

Message # 334 | 8:13 PM
yep, i'm getting the same problem and the same message. my site http://yourgames.ucoz.co.uk

Added (2012-04-22, 2:13 PM)

Hope this HELPS
Post edited by ExGAssass1n - Sunday, 2012-04-22, 9:06 PM
Dave9014

Message # 335 | 11:28 PM
Well I guess I'm not the only one whose up the creek then...

Anyone know what the Unlimited Web Hosting UK service is like?? Its pretty cheap per month and I've been reading good reviews. Would happily part with the price of one beer per month to avoid these sort of problems!

Added (2012-04-22, 5:28 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Update:

Looks like my site is back again, but the article I spent 2 hours adding to the site this afternoon isn't there....*big sigh*....

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 336 | 8:16 AM
Dave9014, ExGAssass1n, please provide traceroute results (not host-tracker) for the mentioned domains if you begin to experience access problems again. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Dave9014

Message # 337 | 9:47 AM
Hi Paradox...thanks for the reply post.

A complete novice here so I'll do some swotting up on traceroute results in case it happens again.

Out of interest is there a better time of the day to log on to do updates, or does the time of day/ amount of Ucoz traffic not really make a difference?

Thanks again smile
Sunny

Message # 338 | 2:02 PM
Dave9014, the time of the day does not matter but I still suggest that you create articles in a text editor and then post them to your website. Backups come very useful in cases like the one you experienced smile
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dave9014

Message # 339 | 5:00 PM
The text itself I have saved on a Word document, so that's backed up. It was just a case of copying and pasting it, then reformatting it (for some reason all the paragraph breaks, bolds, italics, etc disappear when copying) then putting the pictures in I wanted...this was what took the time as uploading them can be a little hit and miss. Might be the netbook I'm using or the speed of my internet connection as it works alot smoother when I do it at work.

Cheers for the tips though smile
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Search: