• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Adding of new photos (fields of a new entry form and other problems)
Adding of new photos
jackass

Message # 1 | 8:26 AM
Fields for addition of photos.

Here you can activate/deactivate (1) the fields for photos addition and make them optional/required (2).

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/13-2286-1

But if I check 2. and unchecked 1.?
Field will be required, but user can't fill it up.
than what will happen?

Armaros

Message # 2 | 9:04 AM
System wont request field to be filled in if both box's wont be marked.
If the first one isn't marked and second is, the field wont even appear.
jackass

Message # 3 | 9:24 AM
Yes, but if in site news for Entry brief description I check only 2., than It take automatically from Entry full text that way I think in photo album will be something similar.
Armaros

Message # 4 | 10:13 AM
Why are you mixing here? This is board for Photo Album... and post/thread was about it.
Thinking & checking are two different things. Same will go for Site News. If both wont be
marked field wont appear. If only second, field still wont appear. Both or first is needed.
newportrfc

Message # 5 | 10:13 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me, if the sites created in ucoz only hold a certain size file? As in, someone has registered with my site and wants to submit photos to the gallery but its telling them it is too big. What can I do? It says that I only have 325 MB available. Is this enough?
Thanks
Pilot

Message # 6 | 10:13 AM
It might be telling them it's too big, because of the settings you have on your photo album module.

CP > Photo Album > Module settings

and check "Maximal size of a photo:"

325 MB isn't all that bad. It's quite enough.

newportrfc

Message # 7 | 10:13 AM
Thanks, but how can you make photos smaller i.e I have a photo at 521kb and it wont load as the limit is at 500kb. How can I make the photo size smaller rather than change the specifications?
Thanks
Pilot

Message # 8 | 10:13 AM
You'd probably have to resize the picture or change it's format.
Mike

Message # 9 | 10:13 AM
I was able to upload pictures with no problem until today. Now I'm getting a message: sending request to www.(my site name ).ucoz.com. It looks like it's trying to upload the picture, but after a while it times out? Does anyone have any ideas?
Sunny

Message # 10 | 10:14 AM
Mike, it may be your Internet connection, browser, other software such as firewall or antivirus.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
jcrm

Message # 11 | 3:52 AM
I want to add picasa to my entry list in order to upload pictures not to ucoz but picasa.Meantime the pictures I upload to picasa appear in the post directly because you know the space ucoz provides is very limited!
Thank you
Sunny

Message # 12 | 10:50 AM
jcrm, I think that won't be possible. The only way is to first upload photos to picasa, and then use "File on the Internet" field to add a link.
PSP0P

Message # 13 | 7:13 PM
I always try to save space by using imgshack or sometime. But in this module I can't.

It always uploads on my space and server and I always like to upload quality images and I'm sure other people do to. Unfortunately, this will occupy a lot of space since 1 photo is the equivalent of 7/10 MB and I don't have that much to spare.

Is there an alternative? to upload on imgshack...other web image hosts.

Sunny

Message # 14 | 9:44 AM
PSP0P, upload images to any image hosting and then use [File on the Internet ] option when adding an image.
kshengelia

Message # 15 | 8:42 PM
I have tried to upload some photos today but it was loading for 5 minutes and than I stopped it. sad

Georgian Mountain Dog (Tarti) named "Balta" - On the avatar
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Adding of new photos (fields of a new entry form and other problems)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: