• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Global Update of Social Media Publisher (Update 12-2013)
Global Update of Social Media Publisher
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:33 PM

This post is about a long-awaited update (or rather an extension) of our newest module - Social Media Publisher.
The module was released not so long ago, but we've been actively working on bug fixing and developing new features. After preliminary testing by uCoz employees and third-party testers, we are ready to announce that two more modules are now available for social posting - File Catalog and Ad Board!

The update is available on all servers!

Let's start with the two main and most popular questions.

Is it Paid?

Social Media Publisher remains free. Any uCoz user can use social posting in Site News and in Blog.
But posting to File Catalog and Ad Board is available only if there is an active paid package, starting from the "Business" one, on your website.

Any Limitations?

Those who actively use the module probably noticed that we updated the processing system and reduced the time interval between robot's visits of the queue from 20 minutes to 5 minutes. It has considerably increases the speed of the module work.
As for daily limits for the module, there is a limit of 10 entries per day for each social network and for each module. Number 10 was taken for a reason, as we were also taking into account the limitations of the social networks.
In the nearest future we will work out a table with the limits for different paid packages, but for now the total daily limit remains unchanged.
During the period of testing we noticed a lot of spamming attempts - that's why we set the limits and inform you that you won't be able to use our platform as a spam tool.

Tags Turn… into Hashtags!

Our users have been waiting for this feature, and we have added it for both free and paid users - we have added the possibility to send website tags to the social media.
The setting is available for each social network in the "Social network settings" section:

Note: hashtags are formed on the basis of entry tags, and due to the limits of the social media only the first three tags are transformed. Other tags are not published to the social networks.

Facebook for Custom Domains!

You have a personal domain attached to your website and therefore you couldn't connect Facebook? Now you have this possibility! Just create your own app according to the guide , enter the access data when connecting, and social posting will be available for your custom domain via a personal Facebook app:

Posting from File Catalog and Ad Board (premium!)

To set up posting in File Catalog and Ad Board, go to Control Panel -> Social Media Publisher -> Social network settings and switch to the second tab:

Connect the necessary networks, put the necessary checkmarks for automatic posting from the modules to social media.

What's with the Additional Settings?

The main settings of the module can be found in "Social network settings". The "Module settings" section contains general settings for posting to social media, and a new option for the File Catalog and Ad Board modules: Use "Image" instead of "Screenshot" as the main repost picture.
By means of this option you can change the published image from the default "Screenshot" field into the "Image" field.

The Module is Unavailable. What Should I Do?

If you see this message when entering the module settings, then you need to do the following:
  • go to the "$ Paid services" section;
  • select any package starting from "Business";
  • pay for the package with any of the available payment methods.

Afterword

If you have any difficulties with the module, ask your questions below. Thank you for your attention and see you soon!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
AlexMalik

Message # 2 | 9:45 AM
WOW, But when it will be available for Server 57?
===[On Social Network]===
Facebook/-/Twitter
===[My Website]===
WainsOrg
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:19 AM
AlexMalik, soon the update will be available on all servers.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:30 AM
The update is available on all servers.

khen

Message # 5 | 9:32 AM
wow, thanks Sunny for the update! keep adding features!
bodbreed

Message # 6 | 4:12 PM
Is there a way to have to entries posted to your website facebook fan page instead of your personal facebook page?
Sunny

Message # 7 | 12:05 PM
XO-Ferg, sure. After you have connected Facebook, all groups where you have the permissions to post will be displayed on the drop-down list. Just select the group you need.
BraziluCoz

Message # 8 | 5:42 AM
Hi uCoz team.

the module "Social Media publisher" I get this error message:
Your message couldn't be sent because it includes content that other people on Facebook have reporte

my facebook app settings

need I https (SSL) connection?

no illegal content on the posting.
I was the first to buy my domain and there is no possibility of being banned by facebook

1':'(
Attachments: 4081964.jpg (33.1 Kb) · 6432367.jpg (166.4 Kb)

Hello! I am Ennio Sousa
Post edited by BraziluCoz - Saturday, 2013-11-23, 6:18 AM
Sunny

Message # 9 | 12:08 PM
BraziluCoz, what was the exact link you tried to post? Or does it happen to any link?
BraziluCoz

Message # 10 | 3:07 PM
Quote Sunny ()
what was the exact link you tried to post?
Sunny, http://www.ucozdev.com.br/news....11-18-6

URL shortened by Social Media Publisher http://u.to/T7sMBQ

the u.to URL shortener is blocked by facebook?

Quote Sunny ()
Or does it happen to any link?
With all new posts

Added (2013-11-26, 9:07 AM)
---------------------------------------------
up

Hello! I am Ennio Sousa
Sunny

Message # 11 | 3:15 PM
BraziluCoz, we will look into the problem.
Vorpal

Message # 12 | 2:15 PM
Same problem u.to is blocked on all sub-domains and http://clan.clan.su/ sub-domain is blocked.
Sunny

Message # 13 | 2:51 PM
Vorpal, u.to isn't blocked by Facebook, only clan.su.
Animorph

Message # 14 | 2:00 PM
Sunny, The Facebook option is removed, is there a reason for that or ?
To busy building a passive income online ;)
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Global Update of Social Media Publisher (Update 12-2013)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: