• Page 1 of 8
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Admin Bar (illustrated manual)
Admin Bar
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:06 PM
How to work with the administrator’s panel

Admin Bar has a number of Control Panel functions. Here you can read how to use them and what they can do

If you do not want to read everything follow the links: tabs: General, Control, Addition, Users, Multimedia, Builder (or Design), Help

Key words: Admin Bar, hide Admin Bar from definite pages, management of Admin Bar, management of a website via Admin Bar, closing of Admin Bar, administrator’s panel on a website.

I Enabling of Admin Bar. Admin Bar is enabled by default for "Administrators" group. It can be enabled/disabled in user groups settings (CP -> Users -> User groups). You can make it available for all groups except the default "Checked", "Users" and "Guests". Admin Bar can’t be disabled for administrators because many control features are located on this panel. Note: if the Admin Bar is not visible for administrators you should just resave permissions for this user group.
II Usage of Admin Bar. After Admin Bar has been enabled the administrators will see a bar with control features at the top of site pages.
1 "General". Here you can see the link(s) to your profile(s) (local or uNet, or both; depends on the allowed methods of authorization), as well as the buttons for the Admin Bar management.
1.1 Login to Control Panel (CP). If you click on this item you will be redirected to the CP login page (http://site_url/admin). Everyone can get to this page but only the person who knows the CP password can log in to the Control Panel.
1.2 Admin Bar color. Click on it and you’ll see a small panel with the list of available colors. Anyone who has access to the bar can change the color, and the color of Ajax-windows will change as well for all users (it is impossible to change it separately for yourself).
1.3 Logout, closing of Admin Bar. If you click on 'Logout' you will be logged out of the website. By means of the last line you can close the Admin Bar but note that when you refresh a page or go to another page it will appear again.
2 "Control". The features of this tab refer to the management of entries at your website.
2.1 Inactive entries. This feature allows to quickly and easily find non-activated/non-moderated entries on your website (entries of all modules except the comments). If there are pending entries you’ll see the name of a module and the link to the page with all inactive entries in the pop-up window. If there are no such entries the system will inform you.
2.2 Comments management. This feature permits to quickly view/edit/delete/activate/deactivate necessary comments of any module (without the necessity to browse all entries).
2.3 Orders management. This item will appear if you have E-shop module installed. Here you can manage e-shop orders quickly and easily.
2.4 File Manager. By means of this button any administrator can enter File Manager without having the access to CP. Here you can create/edit/remove folders and files like in CP.
2.5 Notifications about updates. This item allows subscribing to notifications about new entries and/or comments of any website module. You can also select the way in which you want to be notified – PM or E-mail.
2.6 IP blocking. If you need to block/unblock IP address of a user/several users you can do this in this menu. Enter the necessary addresses/subnetworks (each in a new line) in the pop-up window that will appear. All users with their IPs on this list will see the message "Access denied. You IP address is blocked" when trying to add an entry.
2.5 URL blocking. This feature is similar to IP blocking. When using this feature all forum posts, module entries and comments will be blocked when being added if they contain the URLs from this list. You can add here links either with "http://", "www" or without them, the result will be the same.
3 "Addition". By means of this tab all users, having access to Admin Bar can quickly go to the page for the adding of new entries of any active module. Here one can also add site pages without the access to CP.
4 "Users". This tab is used for the work with users. The first button permits to open the page with the list of all site users, where you can see all registered users and use sorting by username, registration date, number of messages and so on.
4.1 Removal of user’s entries. This option permits to easily and quickly remove all entries added by a user in one of the modules or all of them. To do this specify the exact user’s nickname, select the modules where you want to remove entries, enter security code and click "Remove".
4.2 Mass PM dispatch. This button will redirect you to the page where you can send PMs to necessary user groups. You can also access this page from your profile.
4.3 View site as ... This feature allows you to view your site as a user of any other group. You’ll be able to view the site with the settings and permissions of other user groups. The only difference is that Admin Bar will remain in its place.
5 "Multimedia". By means of this tab you can access multimedia features of your website (players, editors...).
5.1 Graffiti. A flash drawing tool from uCoz, by means of which you can easily draws a simple picture or decorate a photo uploaded from your computer.
5.2 Upload video/audio. These two buttons simply open the window of File Manager where only video/audio file formats are displayed.
5.3 Insert video/audio. By means of these features you can generate BB/HTML codes of a player for video/audio playback at your site or forum. For this purpose specify a direct link to a video/audio file uploaded to some third-party hosting or to the File Manager (see item 5.2), and then the codes will automatically appear in the second and the third fields.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:07 PM
6 "Builder/Design". This tab will be named "Builder" if it is enabled in Common Settings, otherwise it will be named "Design". The tab permits to manage design of all site pages without the access to CP.
6.1 Builder. After you click on "Enable Builder" you will be able to add/edit/delete blocks, edit site name etc. Afterward click Save changes to save all modifications or Disable Builder to exit Builder mode without saving.
6.2 Site design customization - by means of this button you’ll get to the page with the full list of site templates, there you can change them and save. By means of this option you can also create/edit/delete global blocks, use quick replacement feature and create/restore backup copy of all templates. Page design customization - this button will take you to the page for editing of the current page (the page where you are at that moment).
6.3 List of page variables. The list of values of the three variables, used in conditional operators for the output of some text or code on definite pages.
7 "?". The things that can help a newbie: 1) the link to uCoz Support Forum where you are right now; 2) the link to uCoz FAQ; 3) useful tips and hints.
IV Several unconventional solutions. If you want to completely hide Admin Bar from definite pages you can do this manually using your HTML and CSS skills. Admin Bar is enclosed in div with the id="puzadpn". Paste the following code in head of a necessary page:
Code
<style> #puzadpn {display:none;} </style>
then save and you won’t see Admin Bar on the page. You can also hide unnecessary buttons from the Admin Bar (e.g. if you want to hide "Site design management" button from administrators). Each "button" at the Admin Bar band has its id = admBarP1, admBarP2, admBarP3 etc. So, let’s examine the mentioned example - we want to hide design management item from moderators. Look into the source code of Admin-bar - "Design" has id="admBarP3". Write the following code in head of all pages’ templates:
Code
<?if($GROUP_ID$="3")?> <style> #admBarP3 {display:none;} </style> <?endif?>
save and log in to the site as a moderator – you won’t see the "Design" tab. These examples show that you can change almost everything if you have enough knowledge.

kostova

Message # 3 | 9:17 AM
This is the first time I've seen this code - $ADMIN_BAR$
and I was curious on what it does. It has no reference on the list of codes below the template editor.
Assuming it's for admin http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-2189-1, hence the ADMIN.
When I tested it, nothing happens. Just curious, that's all.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:05 AM
heysupp, it is the code for Admin Bar.
Altric

Message # 5 | 0:07 AM
I've been trying to edit some key parts of my website, but during this my admin bar disappeared, and won't come back. I don't think disabling the users module would've done this and i've read every article about this problem. I've even removed some needed javascripts trying to fix it. Please help me.

~ Altric

"When you get frustrated, Just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."
~ Altric
..::Jack's Blog::..
Dartz

Message # 6 | 0:16 AM
You disrespect us then come for help? Ask you "friends" who talk "smart"
about uCoz Support Forum. They are "amazing coders" who are capable.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Sunny

Message # 7 | 8:44 AM
Altric, if you messed up with the code then no wonder. Tried to use another browser? Tried to restore default templates?
ChakraBlast

Message # 8 | 9:35 AM
tryed to write $Admin_bar$ at the start of the body?
-Site1- Design # 853
-Site2-
Post edited by ChakraBlast - Monday, 2009-10-05, 9:36 AM
Altric

Message # 9 | 10:21 PM
Quote (Dartz)
You disrespect us then come for help? Ask you "friends" who talk "smart" about uCoz Support Forum. They are "amazing coders" who are capable.

If your not going to help.. Please don't step in.
Quote (Sunny)
Tried to use another browser? Tried to restore default templates?

I was using google chrome and it didn't work. I tried Firefox 3.5 and 2, plus Opera 10
Quote (ChakraBlast)
write $Admin_bar$ at the start

I also tried this.

I've also noticed that the normal "Add new Entry" link didn't appear so i guess that means i'm not logging in correctly. I've check and my password i entered was correct. Still no luck, any more ideas?

Added (2009-10-05, 4:21 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I also noticed now it's saying '"Users" Feature is Disabled.' Although at the bottom it say's it shouldn't matter.

~ Altric
Renatus

Message # 10 | 1:09 AM
Quote (Altric)

If your not going to help.. Please don't step in.

You are not the sharpest crayon in the box are you?

BJ! on speaking to the "Head Mod" like that.

BJ = Brilliant Job

PS. For you people thinking oddly highlight my post.

Post edited by Renatus - Tuesday, 2009-10-06, 1:10 AM
Tommy

Message # 11 | 6:25 AM
Altric, Do you know who you are talking with. You are telling the "Head Mod" to don't step in. Interesting! Now I feel bad for letting you free on that "Time stamp" suggestion.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Sunny

Message # 12 | 8:48 AM
Altric, if you want to get help then be polite and mind your words. Provide website url.
Altric

Message # 13 | 10:50 PM
http://jack.ucoz.com/
Quote (Sunny)
polite and mind your words

Sorry I'm rushed to get my site back working before I have to go camping, and i'm so busy with Homework from being sick. Life's so rushed! wacko

But, Thanks for helping.. Sorry for 'yelling' at your Dartz.

---------------
Edit: I've re-enabled the "USERS" module and now it works. But i don't want the user's module enabled.

~ Altric
Post edited by Altric - Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 1:51 AM
Tommy

Message # 14 | 6:34 AM
Quote (Altric)
But i don't want the user's module enabled.

If you don't want User's module, then disable it.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Sunny

Message # 15 | 9:30 AM
Altric, are you sure you are speaking about Admin Bar and not User Bar? Admin Bar must not disappear if Users module is disabled. What is website url?
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Admin Bar (illustrated manual)
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search: