uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 151 | 12:08 PM
Vorpal, Paradox is right, in Control Panel -> Security there is an option "Change of site owner" - it's the best way to transfer a website to another uID account, and won't need to give any data like the security answer to another person.
ryan9363

Message # 152 | 5:45 AM
Hello. I just sent some information on support but they dont reply. I need my secret answer for FTP
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 153 | 7:35 AM
ryan9363, there's no secret answer for FTP? You can set an FTP password by opening CP > Security > FTP Password and setting a new one. You do need to know your secret answer to be able to do this. Technical support generally reply within 2-3 days so if they have not replied yet they will soon. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 154 | 12:13 PM
Paradox, actually you need to know the answer to the secret question in order to set your FTP password.

ryan9363, how exactly did you contact the support: through the Control Panel or the Contact Us form? Provide the website address in the first case or your e-mail in the second, and I'll check.

MicayMaldita

Message # 155 | 3:26 PM
I have the same problem. I am trying to retrieve my password but the answer to my security question did not match. I am pretty sure I wrote the right answer. I sent message to tech support through here (http://www.ucoz.com/contact/) but there were no replies . Please help.
Post edited by MicayMaldita - Thursday, 2014-10-16, 3:28 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 156 | 4:07 PM
MicayMaldita, technical support can take up to 3 business days to reply. Please remain patient. smile Unfortunately here on the forums we are unable to assist with these matters.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 157 | 2:24 PM
MicayMaldita, have you received a reply to your question?
Luke7106

Message # 158 | 12:48 PM
I remember my password but it says it is wrong?

I entered it to remove a module and it worked fine, I did it again and it says it's not valid. What changed?
Sunny

Message # 159 | 2:57 PM
Luke7106, make sure you entered it correctly the second time.
wmosta

Message # 160 | 10:28 PM
I just Tired form it I gave for it right answer and it tell to me its wrong please help me and the technical support didn't reply me so please help me
Post edited by wmosta - Thursday, 2014-11-20, 10:30 PM
Sunny

Message # 161 | 11:37 AM
wmosta, what email/site did you contact the support from?
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: