Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Bugs after the update
Bugs after the update
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:30 AM
The main stage of update has been finished but there are still some bugs. They will be fixed as soon as possible.
Please, post all your bugs here and don't create a lot of separate threads. Thank you

How do I log in to a website

Due to the general authorization (uID) you can now log in to all uCoz websites by means of one single profile.
Some nuances:
1) If you don't want to re-register, enter your previous login and password. You are on a website. (If you can't login to your website as an administrator try to use your CP password).

2) To log in by means of a new form - (uNet) - your confirmed e-mail and password are used.
You'll have as many uNet accounts as you have your registered accounts with unique confirmed e-mails.
If your e-mail is not confirmed - the new login form won't work.
If you used one and the same e-mail for all your websites, the system has automatically chosen one of Control Panel passwords and has created an account (uID). You can find out the current password by means of the "Lost password" feature: http://unet.com/remind/
You should also delete cookies and cache files.

More info - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-5729-1

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Vanenix

Message # 46 | 10:57 AM
I have another issue.
Why I could not delete some of the Unet members instead it keep saying that I could just banned them?
The reason I want to delete them is due to some people will just logged in for 1 day and never show up anymore.
If I am going to have a lot of Unet members, my member list would be so crowded that it would be difficult to set there restrictions individually.
Furthermore, I don't like the pop ups that always appear on my screen after the system upgrade and it do cause lag.
Unfortunately, I also went in Unet (Http://S2.Unet.com), and there is nothing special in the site.
It just made the system more complicated. wacko

Thanks.

Post edited by Vanenix - Friday, 2009-04-03, 11:12 AM
ursuletul

Message # 47 | 11:58 AM
How can you delete a Unet account ?

You can delete ucoz websites but where is the option to remove/delete Unet account ?

Navigator

Message # 48 | 12:14 PM
I have an issue/bug - How do I edit Site Friends? There, where was all links, adds etc. now is just blank space + thers no "Eye" button to edit it biggrin Even when im logged in with administrators Account, still - cant see/edit - any ideas?!
Sunny

Message # 49 | 1:58 PM
Vanenix, you can't delete uNet members since they are global users that belong not only to your website. Therefore you can only ban them. You can also select the necessary type of authorization, and have only local users (CP-> Users -> Module settings). However it's not desirable. 2) What pop-ups do you mean? Tips? 3) uNet.com haven't been completely launched with this update. If future it will have more features.

ursuletul, you can't delete a uNet accont, at least for now.

Navigator, have you installed Builder? If yes, then you can easily edit all website block by means of Builder.

smokingunzz

Message # 50 | 2:22 PM
Ok, I thought this problem was fixed. I was able to logon my site last night for an hour. When I try this morning I have the same problem again. Please help!

See this post: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-5561-25803-16-1238705978

Post edited by smokingunzz - Friday, 2009-04-03, 2:30 PM
jackass

Message # 51 | 2:57 PM
In my site main page don't show up admin bar.
Sunny

Message # 52 | 3:00 PM
smokingunzz, your website loads fine in Opera and Firefox.

jackass, it will be fixed.

th0rss0n

Message # 53 | 3:45 PM
Afer the update my entire website is all wacko, i think it will go faster if i mentioned what is not wrong instead of what is, my menus, photo albums, forums, blogs, guestbook and tons of otherthings ahve just vanished up into the thin air :S
smokingunzz

Message # 54 | 3:52 PM
Quote (Sunny)
smokingunzz, your website loads fine in Opera and Firefox.

It works for some of the people that use my site and then not for others. I am one of the others. I included links to screenshots in my previous post to show that none of the browsers will load my site. This wasn't an issue till after this update. It just continues to redirect in a loop.

Sunny

Message # 55 | 3:59 PM
th0rss0n, since you are using a default design, try to restore all templates.

smokingunzz, well I suggest that you check your browser settings. And try to upload them to the latest versions.

PIPERON

Message # 56 | 4:18 PM
Mine gone too -> main menu, song comments, sub-category after I changed the design. Screwed.

www.piperon.net.ms

Anyway of fixing the links back?

I suggest the site admin to disable the "change design option" for the time being inorder not to cause further damage to other users and loosing faith in here. I know it is a free service, I appreciated that but if things happened in this way, it is very bad for the site reputation. I know to look up the bug is not easy especially maintaining such huge site but I think the future version should be well tested and proven before rolling out. Crossed my fingers.

With million of love from Singapore.
Piperon - One and Only spiritual flute player on Earth.

Added (2009-04-03, 10:18 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I also noticed one new feature is the Substitution of default phrases, I can now change the module name to tally with the site main menu. Once you changed the module name, it will be reflected on the navigation bar on the left after you refresh the page. EXCELLENCE FEATURE, WELL DONE!

But there are some places which still maintain the same name, not reflecting the new module name. The following are :-

1) Setting
2) Common Setting
3) Under this option "When opening the main page, redirect to:", the list box is not reflected the new module name.
4) And one more thing, the list box should include all the modules including the site info too (If we want to use the site info as first page).

And here also :-

1) Design
2) Site menu builder
3) The module name reflect below is not updated to the new names too.

I am still playing around with the site and see any more can I find.

Meantime, I like to take this opportunity to thanks the site admin (Owner) for his/her generous hardwork to bring us such fantastic site hosting.

Blessing to you and all in family.

With million of love from Singapore.
Piperon - One and Only spiritual flute player on Earth.

Official Website : www.piperon.net.ms
Myspace Website : www.myspace.com/piperon
Mixposure Website : www.mixposure.com/piperon

DanielLemon

Message # 57 | 7:17 PM
DanielLemon, as far as I can see from your website in the profile, you don't have this problem any more. Anyway I tried and it works fine.
I'm not "man", "sir" or whatever. I'm female!
About signatures, screenshots etc...

Okey, please check out my forum, why "Сообщение от: wD" <- that's Russian language, and at main page in login block, there is button, who says Login, can I change it to another word.
smile
Thanks, I estimate your hard work.
uCoz - the best !

Post edited by DanielLemon - Friday, 2009-04-03, 7:17 PM
Navigator

Message # 58 | 7:26 PM
I just don't get it - why to add some super dupper add-on's and updates, that in main - doesn't work any close to 100%, second - they make life just harder. There is no question, that adds more options etc, but it also adds more challenge and maybe some use to experienced users. I think, that all was ok even without all this big update. That's where system gets buggs. thats where users have problems e.t.c.
luisag

Message # 59 | 0:22 AM
menus are all screwed up
martinphoto

Message # 60 | 4:18 AM
Sunny- A really BIG Thank You I were very confused about the menu block hiding, but this "Update the design for all active modules" really fixed this pronlem. Again thanks! happy
Martin
www.martinphoto.ucoz.com
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Bugs after the update
Search: