Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to login to your uCoz website and its Control Panel (Description of Authorization System)
How to login to your uCoz website and its Control Panel
mehaNik

Message # 1 | 1:21 PM
How to log in to your uCoz website and its Control Panel

Guide for beginners who have just started their first websites with uCoz.

Sometimes there can be a misunderstanding of how to log in to your website. When creating the first website with uCoz you set two passwords: uID password and Control Panel password. The first allows you to get into your website, the second - into the website Control Panel.

Logging in to Website

You should log in to your website if you want to add or remove any entries such as texts or images. Let's have a look on how it should be done.

There is a Login form which lets you sign in to the website.

Click Log in via uID. If this is your first login, you will need to enter your email and uID password in a new window, that will open.

If you are already logged in to uID.me (logged in to another uCoz website with your uID account, just signed up and the system remembers you etc.) you will just need to click the link "Log in via uID", and you will be signed in to the website without entering any data.

Note: if you need to log in with another account to your website, e.g. you share a computer with a friend, you need to log out at uID.me, not only at your website.

Logging in to Control Panel

You should log in to the website Control Panel if you want to install or remove any modules such as Forum, Blog, E-mail forms, etc. If you want to edit a design template of the website, you need to log in to the Control Panel as well.

To log into the Control Panel, go to your-site-name.ucoz.com/admin and enter the Control Panel password which you set during the registration.

Note. There is one more simple and secure way of signing in to a website, in just one mouse click - via uCoz Toolbar.

http://ucoz-wiki.com - WIKI about uCoz
http://beston.ucoz.com - Best Websites On uCoz.com
Natashko

Message # 2 | 1:16 PM
On websites with uID authorization, the login form looks like this:

You need to type in your e-mail and uID password in the relevant fields.

On websites with local authorization (local users) the login form looks like this:

Pay attention that you need to type in your username and password in the relevant fields.

uID authorization is not available on the websites with local authorization.

There is also a pop-up ajax window with a login form on the websites. The window pops up when clicking the LOGIN link.

Login from Webtop

It is possible to log in from Webtop only to the websites with uID authorization.

The website administrator has to go to his Webtop -> U -> Websites -> My websites:

The website address appears in the folder "My websites" automatically after the website creation. To log in to the website from your Webtop for the first time after its creation – click the website URL. You will find yourself on the website as a Guest (not the Administrator). It is because the user database is empty at the beginning. So you will have to log in to the website for the first time. Type in your e-mail and uID password. Then a pop-up ajax window with a security code (captcha) will appear. If you type in the code correctly, you will be logged in to the website as the Administrator.
After the first successful login, you may continue logging in to your website as Administrator right from the Webtop till you click LOG OUT on the website or clear the cookies history. If you do it, you will have to log in to the website manually again.

Login via Control Panel

It is possible to log in to the website via its Control Panel only if the "Users" module is disabled.
If the "Users" module is disabled – the standard login form on the websites is not available, but logging in via Control Panel is. To log in via Control Panel add /admin to the name of your website (like this http://mysite.ucoz.com/admin). The login form looks like this:

Type in your e-mail and uID password and select "Site" in the "Where to log in" field.
Xpart

Message # 3 | 2:36 PM
Please help,user's cant log into my website,they keep complaining that they type the right code,still it says wrong code,and even if they type the right code it says not rightly fill
Natashko

Message # 4 | 2:44 PM
Xpart,
Quote (Xpart)
Please help,user's cant log into my website,they keep complaining that they type the right code,still it says wrong code,and even if they type the right code it says not rightly fill

Are you referring to security code (captcha)? If you are - let them know that, security code is a part of uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may press on the code itself and it will refresh. Press on it till you see the characters clear enough to type them in.
If you constantly fail, try to use another browser or update the current one. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser.

If you mean that users can't remember their uID passwords, I suggest they use the following form: http://www.uid.com/remind/ .
Larry

Message # 5 | 9:59 PM
Dear Admin..

I have a problem every login at first login from the home page of my website

it's always like this :

<ajax><cmd p="innerHTML" t="blk549425"><div align="left" style="padding:10px;"><div class="myWinLoadSD"></div></div></cmd><cmd p="js">var ad=window.location.href.replace(/#(.*)?/,''); setTimeout("window.location.href='"+ad+"?lLvG2n'",'1000')</cmd></ajax>

and then i try to return with the right klick with 'back' menu.

I can login to the home page.. but the left top menu can't displyed.

I tried login by the ucoz.com, but can't login or the login link it's not working..

so i cannot login to Control Panel.. my website "mypulsagram.ucoz.com

Would you like to help me about this problems..
Thank you...
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 0:35 AM
Larry, that message generally displays due to the use of third-party scripts on your website. If you remove all thir-party scripts one by one it should eventually go away.

Apart from that nobody can login at http://ucoz.com now as all accounts are now part of the uID system. You can log into your account from this URL; http://uid.me

And lastly you can log into your control panel by adding /admin to your sites URL. So in your case you will be able to access your sites control panel from this address; http://mypulsagram.ucoz.com/admin

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Natashko

Message # 7 | 12:14 PM
Larry,
Quote (Larry)
I have a problem every login at first login from the home page of my website

I have logged in to your home page without any problems. The problem wasn't confirmed. I guess you have removed third=party scripts then.
Quote (Larry)
I can login to the home page.. but the left top menu can't displyed.

Which menu do you mean. Please provide a screenshot, if the problem is still topical.
Amir1589

Message # 8 | 5:50 AM
already created ... my web site ...when log in to web site ( using log in form )....this error came out ....ant idea ...need help thanks

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<ajax>

<cmd p="innerHTML" t="blk549275">
<div align="left" style="padding:10px;"><div class="myWinLoadSD"></div></div>
</cmd>

<cmd p="js">
var ad=window.location.href.replace(/#(.*)?/,''); setTimeout("window.location.href='"+ad+"?lbxh45'",'1000')
</cmd>
</ajax>
Post edited by Amir1589 - Thursday, 2011-12-08, 5:54 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 7:23 AM
Amir1589, a third-party script on your site will be interfering with the sites AJAX scripts. Your login form should be working again if you remove all third-party scripts from the website. wink
bilalala

Message # 10 | 9:43 AM
it wont let me make a new page and and tell me to log in but im already logged in as admin help! cry cry cry cry
Sunny

Message # 11 | 10:25 AM
bilalala, please make sure that you are logged in with correct e-mail address. If you still have the problem, provide the website address and the exact link to the page with the error.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Kumarghat

Message # 12 | 6:27 PM
I have a problem.pls help me. My web site address is www.mychampa.ucoz.com
subhash sar kar
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 13 | 0:09 AM
Kumarghat, can you please provide a description of your problem? We can't help unless we know what's wrong.
Amir1589

Message # 14 | 1:57 AM
Hi ...

i having problem with my web : my web address : penanged.ucoz.com

the problem is when new person register to my web ....
usually the mail reply to their own mail ..but when open the mail no reply from the web to activate registration ..

pleas ehelp thanks
Sunny

Message # 15 | 12:07 PM
Amir1589, there was a temporary technical problem with the delivery of email notifications. It has been resolved. If users on your website still don't receive confirmation messages, please clarify what email services they are using.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to login to your uCoz website and its Control Panel (Description of Authorization System)
Search: