Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Security code (captcha)
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:36 PM
The security code is a part of the uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may click on the code itself and it will refresh. Click it till you see the characters clear enough to type them in.

There are three types of the security code (captcha):
  • Standard - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, simple enough for the human eye.
  • Complicated - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, complicated for the human eye.
  • Simple - reliable enough, can be discerned automatically, simple for the human eye.

If you notice spam on your website when using the simple captcha, enable the complicated captcha.

To change its type go to: Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Type of security code (captcha).

Select the necessary type and click Save.

It is possible to remove the security code for certain groups. To disable the security code go to Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permission for all groups-> Other -> No security code required

Select the necessary groups and click Save.

It is not possible to disable the captcha for the following groups: Guests, Users, Blocked.
For Users the security code can be disabled only on Forum and Tag Board. To disable the code on Tag Board, go to Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module settings -> Use security code for "Users" group.

It is not possible to disable the captcha in comments and private messages.

The standard captcha in not case sensitive, it does not matter where you type the capitalized captcha letters in CAPS or not.
Dartz

Message # 31 | 2:40 PM
Be specific. Where you want to remove security code? You can't disable all.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
JoLean

Message # 32 | 2:40 PM
I've gone into my CP>users>users group and edited users and checked no security code requied, but when my guest sign into my guestbook it is still requiring a security code there??? How do I disable it?
Sunny

Message # 33 | 2:40 PM
JoLean, not all codes can be disabled, especially for Guests group. It is protection from spam.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
FaeRs

Message # 34 | 2:40 PM
Some problems with my new website.

1)Security code needs to be reftreshed 10times to get a code, that u can accualy see. (If its made for defense of spam bots, then why the code is that even for ppls its imposibul to see???)
2)Changing the fields in user registration (f.example no need for location, or date of birth) - it compleately doesnt work - check whatever you want, but in site nothing happens.
3)Register - fill all logs, everythings ok, till the security code - its 100%right, shows that its not.

Added (2010-07-18, 3:52 Am)
---------------------------------------------
any 1?

Sunny

Message # 35 | 2:40 PM
FaeRs, please give your threads informative titles.

1. Try to delete cookies and cache files and try again. Try to use another browser.
2. Editing of the registration form is possible only if you have the authorization method "local users" (it can be set in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings) but it is available for premium users only.

FaeRs

Message # 36 | 2:41 PM
I wasnt only one with registration problems + whats up with the security codes? U have to look at them for 2 minutes, to figure out what numbers they are.

Pitty that the simplest thing now costs money.

Sunny

Message # 37 | 2:41 PM
FaeRs, the security codes are used to protect websites from spam. I do not think that they are really difficult to read, but even if you cannot figure out the numbers you can always click the code and it will change into another one.

The problem when a security code is entered correctly but the system says that the code is incorrect usually occurs because the security code is being cached in the browser. In this case helps the following:

Quote (Sunny)
1. Try to delete cookies and cache files and try again. Try to use another browser.

12a3

Message # 38 | 2:41 PM
how?

i want deleted captcha in forum when new member click thank same group different in my website

thank you !!

Welcome to : http://softvn.mooo.com
MysticDragon

Message # 39 | 2:41 PM
12a3, please explain your problem.
12a3

Message # 40 | 2:41 PM
Quote (MysticDragon)
12a3 , xin giải thích vấn đề của bạn.

thank you!
you can login to my site and click "thank button" when you read thread ==> you can know my problem, and i want to needn't type captcha for that group

i' sorry my english is bad

Animorph

Message # 41 | 2:41 PM
12a3, there is not any problem with your thanks button , it works perfectly
To busy building a passive income online ;)
12a3

Message # 42 | 2:42 PM
Quote (Animorph)
12a3, there is not any problem with your thanks button , it works perfectly

smile , yes, but i want, please view picture:

this is group (1) : Trial member : http://ghost2s.net/_ph/1/977069111.jpg

Different (when click thank)

Different groups (2) : http://ghost2s.net/_ph/1/256275335.jpg

and i want to (1) same (2) but don't change group -->can only change permisson for (1)

Sorry my english is bad -- > I can not describe angry

MysticDragon

Message # 43 | 2:42 PM
Quote (12a3)
and i want to (1) same (2) but don't change group -->can only change permisson for (1)

Sorry my english is bad -- > I can not describe

I cant seem to understand you but if you don't want that code or want it for trial users or members.
Go to Cp>users>user groups>other>tick the box No security code required or untick if u want the security code for the user.
I Hope you understood.

Post edited by MysticDragon - Sunday, 2011-04-03, 10:18 AM
Animorph

Message # 44 | 2:42 PM
MysticDragon, is correct , you need to edit your group permissions and uncheck "No security code required"

Main » Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permissions » "No security code required"

Note: security code cannot be disabled everywhere for user groups for security reasons

To busy building a passive income online ;)
12a3

Message # 45 | 2:42 PM
Quote (MysticDragon)
I cant seem to understand you but if you don't want that code or want it for trial users or members.
Go to Cp>users>user groups>other>tick the box No security code required or untick if u want the security code for the user.
I Hope you understood.

Quote (Animorph)
Main » Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permissions » "No security code required"

Note: security code cannot be disabled everywhere for user groups for security reasons

Yes, i'm know , but it don't active

New member = Trial member ==> Please view picture: http://softvn.ucoz.net/_ph/8/755273642.jpg

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Search: